Edgewater Hotel And Casino

Edgewater Hotel & Casino
Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Poor

• kymbanm's Profile Photo

Think twice before staying here ... sorry ....

Joyce and her husband hate the Edgewater, and call it the 'ashtray' of Laughlin. The riverwalk takes you through the casino before taking you back outdoors - okay, I can understand that from a marketing perspective .....

Her biggest complaint is that she feels the dealers cheat. When called on it, and you ask them to have the control room look at the tapes of the hand, they have said, "we don't do that". If this happened only once - well okay, a crappy dealer. Twice, you begin to wonder. Three times, they are probably cheats and it's not worth your time to spend your hard earned money at their tables.

Oh, and you should probably warn others ......

The rooms are only average, and the service is similar to that seen in the casino ... nothing special really.

• exotiqgatita's Profile Photo

Pretty Good Hotel..one of the best in Area

I stayed at the Edgewater, the rooms were a little stuffy, the lighting was a little dim, but the view was great. So was the pool. There was one big jacuzzi and alot of pool chairs. My favorite part of Edgewater was the Dairy Queen (we don't have that In Boston) and the restaurant that served baked potatoes and steak, with some not bad tasting wine. OKAY, wasn't the best, but had a cool casino! The casibo floor is massive! Customer Service was GREAT.

Unique Quality: I don't think any other hotels imn the area were luxurious like a Sheraton. I'd say they were all 3 stars. I never in my life knew that desert heat would produce soo many dead moths and all sorts of bugs on the ground next to the lights outside, they are everwhere! in the pool! the jacuzzi, gross! Not a place to go for luxury. But the view of the orange canyons in the distance is so beautiful.

Directions: It's right next to the Colorodo River..which is massive..A ferry takes you from hotel to hotel. The water is surprising clear, and you can see huge fish in it! There is a big mall across the street.. Affordable, but good things. I got my cowboy hat there.

More about Edgewater Hotel And Casino

A good deal and a great room!

by TripAdvisor Member tip

We stayed at the Edgewater in late April of 2004. I must admit after reading numerous reviews of all Laughlin hotels, I made the reservation with some trepidation. It seems as though each property had a review written by at least one person who was unhappy. After staying at the Edgewater I swear that some folks are never happy or someone from the competion writes scathing reviews!

First we found an excellent rate for midweek on the "Travelworm" site. We paid $19.95 per night (not per person). This included two free buffet tickets. The room was as requested (non-smoking) and was very clean. Now we didn't pay for the penthouse and thus we didn't receive nightly turn down service nor a chocolate on our pillow, but it was a very nice room. We have traveled extensively and have been on twelve cruises, thus we are somewhat particular with where we stay.

The staff was very friendly from the front deak to the housekeepers. It is a typical casino resort. Afterall, they want your money! We played the slots and broke even. Very few people really go home with more money! We spent some time in the sports betting section. They had several television monitors playing numerous sporting events. We even got to watch our Red Sox in action. The restaurants were terrific. The evening buffet featured shrimp and steak and was very well done. It was not a hash house! We had the $3.89 steak and eggs special for breakfast. It too was great! They had the typical Elvis lookalike singing for entertainment. It was pretty lame, but so aren't all the Elvis shows everywhere.

The hotel is located right on the Colorado River and has a boardwalk connecting to the other hotels and casinos. We visited the Flamingo which was also very nice. Perhaps the highlight of our visit was a jet boat ride on the Colorado. It left from right in front of the hotel and traveled 58 miles to Lake Havasu City (where London Bridge is located). This was well worth it. The scenery was terrific.

All in all, it was well worth the price. A great room, great food, a good casino (even if it seems as though everyone was smoking) and a great location on the Colorado River.

Lesson learned--don't believe all of the complainers who write reviews!

Love the Edgewater

by TripAdvisor Member texasgreeneyes

My husband and I just returned from Laughlin after being there for 5 nights . We love the Edgewater. We were offered a great deal thats why we decided to stay there. We got 2 nights comped , and it only cost us 95.00 all together to stay there for the 5 nights. Also when we got there i was prepared to pay a charge for upgrade but I didnt have too They gave us a room with a balcony and it was really nice . The food was good at the buffett and the prime rib is really good. As far as the gambling goes we didnt do to good maybe next time when we go back I can get some of my money that I left there... I just wish it wasn't so far from where we live.(Its about 14 hours from here ).

Can't wait to Return!

I enjoyed my stay in Laughlin. It's one of my favorite vacation destinations. My two boys 4 and 7 and my husband had awesome family fun. We met up with family from California there and stayed a coulple of nights. I will definately choose to stay at Harrahs or another hotel on our next visit rather than The Edgewater. The edgewater is where My husband and I have stayed several times in the last 12 years of our marriage. However, it needs a major make-over. Until next time............. (Thanks for all the help tripadvisor)
The Quintero Family

Nice people, decent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member grram1

The positives: The people were friendly and we had no trouble with the service. The Casino had low limits and all of the games one could want to play. There were a good number and quality of dinning options. Hotel is located in the middle of the strip.

The negatives: The room wasn't very comfortable (bed was pretty hard and the pillows were flat), the room decor was very old and it wasn't maintained very well. Parking garage is a little far from the Casino (you can valet for free though).

Overall we were pleased with the stay. Given the dirt cheap room rates ($19/night during the week) we can't complain much. At higher rates I would have been disappointed. For an inexpensive and fun get-away this is a good place to stay (you could easily pay more and end up at a low-end motel well off the strip).

Edgewater

We stayed at The Edgewater, for three days & we just loved it. Everyone was so friendly and the food was just great. They sure made me feel at home. i'd like to thank everyone for my great stay. Thank You Edgewater and keep up the good work.

Very helpful

by TripAdvisor Member Purdie

We have been twice this year to the edgewater once with our teenage son and the second time with my eldest son Both enjoyed said the buffet was really good and we ended eatting there more often then not We stayed from Mon-Fri both times.
Seconed time we arrived our booking had a mistake mine it seems but everything was sorted out by the front desk,A big thank you to them. Even thow we now have a place to stay in Bullhead we still go and stay at the edgewater when we vist its nice to have a break even on holiday.....

Balcony with a view of uncovered rubbish dumpster,noisy early am truck deliverys

by TripAdvisor Member Seasoned-Traveler88

We had a room with a sunny south balcony which was great because I loathe American air conditioned rooms with no outside ventilation.
(Most of the hotels in America have no functioning window, hence very stuffy air and especially dusty rooms. I have had terrible respiratory
illnesses from bad air at hotels.) We chose the upper floors as it is usually a better view of the Colorado River valley. ( Beware of the
south side alley especially with early morning noisy trucks.)
Pool and jacuzzi are quite nice. Grand Buffet food was above average.
ask for the "cry room seating" where you can eat with a little privacy.
We stay 1 -2 months from the harsh winter in Canada.

Hotel on the River

We stayed at the Edgewater Hotel on a Snowbird Special for two weeks. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was clean and we really enjoyed our stay. I upgraded to a Deluxe room for $40 more per week in order to get a river view and a larger room. My favorite part of the room was the large vanity space in the bathroom. If there was a downside, it was lack of parking close by for elderly people. There is a parking garage, but it's not close enough. The valets and bellboys were wonderful, but it did cost us quite a bit in tips (which they deserved) and at times, we would have liked to have access to our car during the day without asking a valet to go get it. The other inconvenience was having to stand in line at times at the buffet and Garden Room to eat. It depended on what time you wanted to eat. Food was great and good service.

Comments