Harrahs Hotel Laughlin

bri4444's Profile Photo

Flying into Laughlin

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 29, 2013

Flew in on Harrahs' TOTALREWARDS program with Republic Airlines (charter) out of Calgary. The trip for me was 450 dollars including tax, enjoyment fee, and a 25 dollar single supplement. Many if not majority on plane were returning comped (slot player) visitors and while not the first time visiting Harrahs it was the first time flew on their charter. Harrahs fly's direct to Laughlin through the TOTALREWARDS program from various City's in Canada and USA and prices vary (check web site). The trip was 4 nights from Friday to Tuesday and the 3rd trip that Harrah's flew out of Calary and therefore only half full. Rather then going straight to Laughlin the plane went north to Edmonton before flying south 3 hours to Laughlin (assuming going straight to Laughlin is not always the case even if in past plane went straight to Laughlin). The airport is actually not in Laughlin or for that matter Nevada but in Bullhead City, Arizona, which is just on other side of the River. Because I planned on golfing I had arranged to rent a car through AVIS through the casino package in which got 10 percent off rental and free upgrade. As arrived after 6 pm had to be picked up next morning and driven back to the airport. The bus driver gave a short narration from the airport to the hotel, however as I have been several times to Laughlin before and been on the river cruises didn't learn anything new but appreciated the touch. You don't pick up you luggage when arrive as it is delivered to your room approx 90 minutes after you arrive, this way you can get straight to gambling if desire. Golf clubs are not taken to room, those can be picked up from the Bell Desk when you need them. When leaving if you leave your bags just inside door they will pick up bags and have them ready at airport for you to pick up before you check in for your flight home.
All the other times that I have stayed at Harrahs I have either driven from Phoenix or Las Vegas and really enjoyed the flight that they provided for us to come down to see them, they really tried to make the whole trip memorable. The small airport does not have many planes coming in from what I can tell that aren't charters from the various Casino's on the river, so even if Harrahs doesn't fly to your city one of the other casino's may. As with Las Vegas the weekends seem to get a lot of visitors that come in from California, and noticed lot of people drove in for the weekend from Phoenix. Another thing different about this last trip (Late Aug) is that most of my other trips have been in the Winter months.

Since flying in with them for first time wasn't sure what kind of room I would receive as not much of a slot player, I tend to play for maybe 15 minutes before lose interest. Harrahs does have a poker room which I do enjoy. I was given a room in tower 1 which is the adult only tower and had a king bed that was very comfortable. The TV was in a cabinet that could open doors and then fold them down the side to watch TV or leave closed and out of site. Room didn't have a desk but had arm chair and small table which was good enough for what I need in a room. The room didn't have a safe and I would of been happier if they did supply one. I didn't have a river view and was fairly low as only 3rd floor, but if looked straight down had view of helicopter in courtyard for people to take pictures around etc. The bathroom was nothing over the top but was in clean and good mechanical working order and also supplied shampoo, conditioner, and lotion (not the highest or lowest grade, middle). The room also has iron and board for taking wrinkles out of your cloths if care to. Not sure if ever been in tower 2, however tower 3 is the economical end of the spectrum on past visits for rooms. Would of rate room as being similar in style to the none refurbished rooms that Motel 6 have. If you don't have kids with you Tower 1 is your best bet from my experience. I think in terms of rooms on the Colorado River Strip Harrahs would be 2nd to the Aquarius unless in Tower 3. Aquarius doesn't have the promo's that Harrahs has, if staying for just one night very often can get a good rate with Aquarius that is good for only one day. Also Aquarius when last looked doesn't fly anyone in yet.
Using the Valet is free, they just hope you tip them. I like to leave my rental car in valet with my golf clubs as feel that Casino only wants me to be losing my money one way, and will make sure that car is taken car of with contents while staying with them. Harrahs was good for service, guys have to run fair bit to get to where cars parked inside, but don't have to running upstairs so have it better then some perhaps.
I would recommend Harrahs to travelers. Even if not much of a gambler you can get really good deals with reward cards. Has little bit for everyone and if hotel features don't catch your fancy there are many experiences available at other properties close by.

Unique Quality: Little bit isolated from other hotels. On weekends has both a smoking and non smoking casino with both table games and slots in operation on both sides. One of the first hotels to fly people in to area. As with all my reviews other people have said many very good points in reviews. I tried to add a little bit of different perspective in order to help people looking for people having had similiar opportunities and would like to know what the trip is like etc, I have been to Harrahs where room was 14 dollars, so the price is really hard to nail down. You can get some really good deals in Laughlin in general.

Directions: At South end of Casino Row with a rock out cropping blocking person from River Walk. Little bit isolated from the rest of the strip.

mpingree's Profile Photo

Great First Trip and Will Be Back !!

by written on October 25, 2009

Sunday 4/18 - Allegiant Air charter from Wichita Falls to Laughlin through Harrahs. Flight was good and we arrived early and the 10 minute bus ride from the airport to Harrah's was quick and efficient. Got our check in packet and went straight to our room in the central tower on the 7th floor. Room was great and yes somewhat old but you only sleep there a few hours anyway so it's perfect. Weren't really all that hungry so we had a burger at McDonald's (nice to have McDonalds, Cinnabon and Starbucks on site) and hit the casino. Played the slots until midnight and hit the rack. We were actually ahead by $50.

Monday 4/19 - Up at 8, had a big breakfast at Harrah's Buffet (very good and many choices) and started our walk towards the other end of the river walk. You either walk up 90 steps to Casino drive or walk up the winding driveway to Casino drive. We opted for the steps as we felt it would be safer due to the traffic in and out of Harrah's. If you're not a walker or in pretty good shape those steps would be killer. Pretty much a 30 to 35 degree angle up the stairs. Once your up at Casino Drive the walk is downhill to the next casino which is River Palms where you finally get to the river walk. We took our time and walked all the way to the Riverside and back and played the slots a little bit in each one except the Regency. The walk back to Harrah's up Casino Drive is uphill and not all that bad unless it's really warm. We were back at Harrah's by 3 PM and took a look at the Pools and Beach area. Both are very nice. We didn't' spend anytime at either of them but a lot of folks did. We ate the dinner buffet at Harrah's and were pleased with the choices and price. Played the slots until Midnight and hit the rack.

Tuesday 4/20 - Up at 9 and breakfast buffet at Harrah's again. (We are buffet people if the price and choices are good). This morning we took the river taxi instead of walking to the Riverside. Took our time and explored each casino and gambled some more as we slowly walked to Harrah's. For us the Aquarius and Golden Nugget paid off better today that any of the others.Outback Steakhouse at the Aquarius along with Saltgrass Steakhouse and Joe's Crab Shack at the Golden Nuggest always smelled great but we did not eat at any of them as we we'renot hungry when we passed. Walked back to Harrah's and gambled again until 1:30 AM and hit the rack.

Wednesday 4/21 - Up at 10 and same routine as the previous two (2) days. Only difference being the Colorado Belle paid off better this day.

Thursday 4/22 - Up early with McDonald's for breakfast as we had an early flight. Flight was great and the trip was great.

Observations: This was our first trip to Laughlin and we will definitely go back. The staff at Harrah's were frien.dly and great, the food was great and the gambling was decent. Every waitress and bartender in every casino we gambled in were friendly and helpful and we never waited more then 5 or 10 minutes for drinks while we were playing. Came home with less than we started but not broke and had a really wonderful time. Weather was really only hot on Monday. It was warm on Tuesday and Wednesday but not all that bad.

Laughlin's Nightmare

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 29, 2008

It was our Anniversary, so we booked a 2 night stay, thinking how nice the Hotel looked & it had 3 stars to boot. Well, what a surprise we got when we checked in!!! They refused to give us the "King Size" bed we had booked! Told us they didin't have any! In the Adult ONLY tower??? We should of left then, but decided to give the weekend a try anyhow. Double Beds cannot sleep 2 grown adults. The shower drain was clogged, the exhaust fan was so noisy you couldn't hear over it, & they had a leak on the upper floor that ws sagging into the shower. You also cannot conrol the A/C it is pre-set. Next to our surprise, we couldn't eat at their Steakhouse restrauant, because it was "SOLD OUT" all weekend long!!! Then, when we tried to eat at the Mexican reatraunt, it was "CLOSED" by 10 p.m. on a Saturday night!!! Needless to say, this is the WORST Hotel that we have EVER stayed at!!! We DO NOT recommend this Hotel to anyone. They don't have enough restrauants to accomadate all of their guests, they don't offer any upgrades to you if they screw up your reservations, the Management is rude & unconcerned about it's guests unless you are rich.

Unique Quality: The "NO-SMOKING" side is the ONLY nice feature to this Hotel. But you have to walk thru the EXTREMELY smoke filled side to get to the Buffet, or Mexician Restrauant to eat.

Directions: Off the beaten path. At the very end of the Casino Drive. You can't just walk get to another Restrauant or Shopping area

Jeff42's Profile Photo

Going, going, gone downhill

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 22, 2007

This used to be my favorite place to stay in Laughlin, 6-7 years ago. It was the neatest, cleanest and best place in Laughlin, in my opinion. I stayed one night in August, just for old times sake. Now it is a dirty old mess.

The rooms seem small, dank and dirty now. The center of the casino is a large construction zone, same as it was 6 years ago. The casino is extremely tight. It took me 1 1/2 hours to get a room service menu. The staff seem unmotivated. Groups of 3-4 employees wander around in small packs, in matching uniforms. God knows what they actually do.

Harrah's has really let this place go compared to their other properties I've visited this year. I wouldn't stay here again, even if the room was free. I'll just stay at The Belle.

Unique Quality: On the river, with a beach. Separate hotel towers for families and adults.

Directions: South End of Casino Drive.

If you want to 'bunk in' and not leave for 5 days

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 27, 2006

This hotel/casino is about 3 minutes away from the 'down-town' small strip in Laughlin. It's got very good food; nice shopping - a small beach (about the size of the Pioneer Hotel in Laughlin who also has a sandy beach that's enjoyable), and nice spa...for people who just want to relax.

The rooms are nice; smaller than many, but well-decorated. The parking is a bit of a night-mare; long walks, and all kinds of 'rules' about RV's and where they have to park, etc. If you bring a fancy sedan, you'll have no real difficult rules to contend with - just expect to walk a good distance if it's a busy night, and plan on paying for valet service if your legs can't take the long walk and the lugging of the luggage.

Overall, the gaming isn't any better than any place else; just a bit more 'pizz-azz'...so, for those who like a more 'snooty' environment (better to write back home to their friends), Harrahs is probably the more 'classier' place in this tiny town of Laughlin that will never measure up to the real glitter and excitement of Las Vegas.

The attendants are pleasant; all are well dressed, and at least this casino makes a real effort to keep all machines clean - everything is well maintained, and it's not as 'shabby' as the Regency or Edgewater where you should bring a few tissues; some water-less hand-cleaner, and plan on cleaning up your gaming machine before playing because most are usually a mess after a busy evening.

Unique Quality: Small, but nice beach - only the Pioneer and Harrah's have beaches (small, but still worth the sunshine and the sitting). Away from the 'crowd' and the traffic - more remote and still enjoyable, so if you want to rest and have quiet while gambling, this is probably great for you.

kymbanm's Profile Photo

Nice rooms, great comps!!

by written on May 8, 2005

Harrah's is the most southern casino - set uite far apart from the others. According to Joyce, they have the best food in Laughlin - and after eating at the buffet, the 24hr diner, and the restaurant, I'm not gonna argue!

Between the jetski rentals, sand beach, 2 pools, 2 jaccuzzis, 4 restaurants, and nice atmosphere - you don't need to leave Harrah's unless you really want to! The pools are assigned as family and adult ... I actually preferred the family pool as there weren't many children during my stay, and I found the so-called adults at the other pool a bit too rowdy for my tastes.

We stayed in one of the few roll-in shower rooms they offer - and except for the blow drier being too high to reach from a chair, it was well designed and comfortable for 2 adult women with all those female accoutrements... :) If you are not very mobile, you'll need to remember to ask for a shower chair, and the roll in does not have a bench.

Suites are available, but not usually comped. For this trip, with her casino membership card (well used in the past I must add), she got our room for 2 nights at 44$/night, and 2 nights free. Can' beat that price!

Unique Quality: They have a nice size non-smoking casino, with a good number of table open 24/7. Fewer slots are in the non-smoking area, but there is a variety from Penny slots on up.

Harrah's has the only sand beach in casino row, it's small but has 2 halves that makes it easy to enjoy the sun, water, sand and all ...

Directions: South end of Casino Drive

DwayneC's Profile Photo

I would pay triple the price

by written on December 26, 2004

It is off the main strip, but only a water taxi trip away. The best Hotel Casino I have stayed at on the strip (Laughlin). One of the hot tubs is as big a normal pool!!! North tower has a great view of the lights!! They send good discounts in the mail!!!!!

Unique Quality: Beach, Pools, Hottubs, Gaming, (what more could ask for)

TinKan's Profile Photo

Harrah's - Laughlin, Nevada

by written on December 2, 2002

This hotel and casino is a little isolated from the rest of the hotels but it had the best location and the casino was a winner.

The rooms are very nice and large.

Unique Quality: This place has it's own beach on the river so you can take a dip in the pool or go out to the river for a dip.

This is the only casino that I won any money at so for me it gets 5 stars...

Directions: Right on River Road.

annk's Profile Photo

Harrah's Casino Hotel Laughlin...

by written on August 24, 2002

Harrah's Casino Hotel Laughlin - A Mexican themed resort with 1,500 room and 3 towers. Has nightly entertainment, a health club, separate smoking and non-smoking casinos. The only downside is it's not connected by the Riverwalk to the other casinos.

Unique Quality: Has a private soft-sand beach. Six restaurants

Travelers22 Aug 20, 2013 at 6:53 PM

We have stayed here before and find it to be the best hotel on the strip, Great food and machines that pay. We will be spending Labor Day weekend here and I am sure we will have a great time.

Nearby Harrahs Hotel Laughlin

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Laughlin Travel Forum

Need advice about Laughlin, Nevada? Visit the Travel Forum for Laughlin and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Laughlin hotel reviews