Virgin River Hotel & Casino Mesquite

Tags

Road Trip Casino and Gambling Budget Travel
See Amenities
imamtngirl's Profile Photo

Comfie bed, good food, great price!

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 7, 2008

We stayed two nights in the past week, on the way down to LA and on the way back. The first night one of the lights wasn't working so I called housekeeping. They had someone there in 5 min. I was impressed. Both beds were comfie, the place was clean and the shower was good. Some hotels have crappy showers and I hate that as much as a bad bed.

We went to the buffet and it was really good!! They had homemade tamales and fresh grilled carne asada. The Seviche was to die for too. No beans tho, I missed the beans.

The second night we stayed one of the beds in our room was really bad! Very uncomfortable. This night we were there in time to go swimming before dinner, one of the pools was closed but the other one was big and not very crowded so that was real nice. We went back to the buffet, they had prime rib and king crab that night. It was all really delicious and there were piles of crab. The one thing missing was lemon butter, it's downright uncivilized I tell ya.

All in all - a hell of a good value for $27.50 a night!

Unique Quality: Casino - Bingo - we aren't gamblers but it looked like folks were having fun.

Pools (2) - Hot tubs (3) - I think the pool was unheated. It was a bit chilly but in a month when it's super hot down there I'm sure it will be better.

Lounge - good live music both nights. Right across from the buffet to so you can enjoy the music while you eat.

Buffet - a really good variety of salads and hot dishes. Fresh and tasty.

Directions: Take exit 122 off of I-15 and go North. Take the first right and Virgin River is to your left.

RJ1967's Profile Photo

The Virgin River Hotel and...

by written on October 4, 2002

The Virgin River Hotel and Casino
The prices are $25.99US. Reservations recommended, but not always necessary. The $25.99 price is only good Sunday-Thrusday and not on holiday nights. I'm not sure what the weekend prices are. I would guess around $75US

Unique Quality: It is located in a small town 80 miles (130km) north of Las Vegas. The casinos and buffets are every bit as good as Las Vegas, but there is NO traffic or congestion.

Directions: Interstate 15 at Exit 122. Its the first exit if you are coming from Utah towards Las Vegas, or the second exit if you are coming from Las Vegas.

Nearby Virgin River Hotel & Casino Mesquite

• Free Parking
  • Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet

Mesquite Travel Forum

Need advice about Mesquite, Nevada? Visit the Travel Forum for Mesquite and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Mesquite hotel reviews