Virgin River Hotel & Casino Mesquite

Satisfaction Poor

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 41% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• imamtngirl's Profile Photo

Comfie bed, good food, great price!

We stayed two nights in the past week, on the way down to LA and on the way back. The first night one of the lights wasn't working so I called housekeeping. They had someone there in 5 min. I was impressed. Both beds were comfie, the place was clean and the shower was good. Some hotels have crappy showers and I hate that as much as a bad bed.

We went to the buffet and it was really good!! They had homemade tamales and fresh grilled carne asada. The Seviche was to die for too. No beans tho, I missed the beans.

The second night we stayed one of the beds in our room was really bad! Very uncomfortable. This night we were there in time to go swimming before dinner, one of the pools was closed but the other one was big and not very crowded so that was real nice. We went back to the buffet, they had prime rib and king crab that night. It was all really delicious and there were piles of crab. The one thing missing was lemon butter, it's downright uncivilized I tell ya.

All in all - a hell of a good value for $27.50 a night!

Unique Quality: Casino - Bingo - we aren't gamblers but it looked like folks were having fun.

Pools (2) - Hot tubs (3) - I think the pool was unheated. It was a bit chilly but in a month when it's super hot down there I'm sure it will be better.

Lounge - good live music both nights. Right across from the buffet to so you can enjoy the music while you eat.

Buffet - a really good variety of salads and hot dishes. Fresh and tasty.

Directions: Take exit 122 off of I-15 and go North. Take the first right and Virgin River is to your left.

• RJ1967's Profile Photo

The Virgin River Hotel and...

The Virgin River Hotel and Casino
    The prices are $25.99US. Reservations recommended, but not always necessary. The $25.99 price is only good Sunday-Thrusday and not on holiday nights. I'm not sure what the weekend prices are. I would guess around $75US

Unique Quality: It is located in a small town 80 miles (130km) north of Las Vegas. The casinos and buffets are every bit as good as Las Vegas, but there is NO traffic or congestion.

Directions: Interstate 15 at Exit 122. Its the first exit if you are coming from Utah towards Las Vegas, or the second exit if you are coming from Las Vegas.

More about Virgin River Hotel & Casino Mesquite

Virgin River Cafe

by PinkFloydActuary about Chuckwago Restaurant

As I knew I was going to stop in town for lunch, I did some research on where the best places to eat were. Sadly, there weren't a lot of choices, so I didn't write anything down. Which means I ended up in one of the restaurants that wasn't on my short list by accident. The Chuckwagon cafe in the Virgin River casino is their version of the coffee shop. There were pros and cons to what I experienced. On the positive side, the menu was affordable. I went with a California wrap that boasted turkey, guacamole, tomatoes, etc. It was pretty decent. There weren't a lot of other people there, so service was nice and friendly. On the other hand, the booth I was in was in serious need of a new cushion - it was extremely uncomfortable. The rest of the restaurant was in various states of disrepair too. While I didn't notice anything gross, I just felt it wasn't the cleanest place I've ever been in. So, I got my wrap and moved on. I would likely try a different place if I found myself in town again.

There is an open area next to...

by RJ1967

There is an open area next to the Virgin River Hotel/Casino where you can ride mortorcycles or ATV's anytime year round for free. I have also seen people riding horses in the area.

Virgin River CasinoVirgin River Casino