100 W PRIMM BOULEVARD, Primm, NV 89109

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

A favorite concert destination~

Stateline was started by Pete MacIntyre 1920 as a gas station. It was not by far the lucrative business he had hoped, so he started another little business. Bootlegging became a little more lucrative and hence where he got his name and one of Primms well known casino’s “Whiskey Pete”. Poor Pete died 1933 and the tale of his several burial sites is legend now.

Whiskey Pete's is a 777-room hotel has a large swimming pool and a casino with the area's only sports book parlor. We've stopped here and it is somewhat dated, the facilities are always clean. It still holds some of the old Vegas feel.

Directions: Sits along Interstate I-15 just about 40 miles from Las Vegas.

More about Whiskey Petes

Enjoyable visit to Whiskey Petes

My girlfriend and I visited this place in July for the weekend. When
we arived around 11 p.m on Friday it was a quick check-in to a room on the 13th floor. We had heard that the room were smelly, but they wern't stinky at all.. Floor needed vaccuming. Nice pool if you have kids. Our room offered two queen size bed, 25" Screen T.V. Writting table with 2 chairs, & standard bathroom. After unpacking we headed down to the casino,bought a Mix drink for $4.50 (Ordered a White Russian -It tasted Bland) Regular Beer (bottle)$3.50. After that we went to the gas/liquor station across the way. We stocked up on New Castles and headed toward Nevada Landings. Went to the restaurant / had $4.99 Steak Dinner (Good) Offered free coffee with dinner at the late hour we were there. Total dinner for two with tip &15.00 Headed back to Whiskey Pete's, we enjoyed the casino better at night, because there are a lot of kids around during the day time. We enjoyed fist night's rest. Free coffee in the room. Saturday Mid-Morning we headed over to the rest of the casinos in that areas, had good time playing Keno for the fist time. (Won enough to buy or drinks ) Walked around the mall , Had a drink at the bar in the middle of the food court. (Great White Russians there are great) Around sun down we headed over to the local bar sceen of Las Vegas. Grew tired of the strip. After a long night of bar / casino hopping ; on our way back to the state line. We stopped at the bar called theLast Call. Picked up Philly Steaak sandwiches and returned to our rooms to eat and sleep again. The following day we enjoyed spending time in the room. A/C blew great, had dinner down stairs in the Chuck Wagon Cafe. Nice people who work there. Good food. We ate there before on our way into Vegas.

whiskey petes what a wonderful SURPRISE!!!

was very worried about the room quality for the price but booked it anyway-SURE GLAD I DID- we stayed 5 nights the room was wonderful and the staff was great!!! I'm a hotel manager for a major chain so I am very picky but not problems at all.
The food was on par with the more expensive buffets on the strip and with the money we saved on breakfast and lunch at the primm locations we were able to have a great meal our last night there.
I read reveiws before I left about the "shady" people there but after being on the strip when everyone came over from LA I was excited to be going back to Primm where everything was so quiet and calm (even on nights when they were sold out!!) Can't say enough wonderful things about this place!

Bonnie and Clyde Getaway Car

by GinGinCoo

This is very interesting, A couple of years back it was located at Whiskey Petes, but it is now at Primm Valley Resort on the 2nd floor before you hit the Outlet Stores. It is the getaway Ford that Bonnie and Clyde used and died in. Has a lot of interesting memorabilia and video detailing their lives and crimes. Dont miss it!

TONS OF FUN AT WHISKEY PETE'S

by TripAdvisor Member CanadianBarbie

We just got back from LAS VEGAS and stayed at WHISKEY PETE'S 08/13/05 for 1 night. We chose this hotel because it was the "LEAST EXPENSIVE SATURDAY NIGHT RATE" ($45.00). We checked in early and earned enough points in 1 NIGHT playing nickel slots for 2 FREE BUFFETS - VERY GENEROUS point system. We took the tram across the highway to shop and had the"BEST" PRIME RIB DINNER for only $6.95 at the PRIMM VALLEY Coffee Shop!! The pool at WHISKEY PETE'S was great for the kids with a cute slide. We booked through TRAVELWORM and during the week the rates are only- $15/NIGHT. Terrific room for the $$$ and look forward to staying there on our next LAS VEGAS vacation. Staff was great as well - EVERYONE WAS FRIENDLY AND PROFESSIONAL!!!!

Im done with Stateline!

by TripAdvisor Member missyconnie

This is my fourth trip to Stateline. The first three trips I stayed across the highway at Primm Valley Resort. It was adequete but nothing more. Not reasonably priced in my opinion. The casino at Primm as well as the casino's at Buffalo Bills, and Whiskey Petes are very limited in their offerings.

Now on to my review of Whiskey Petes. The food sucked, The service sucked more. Im talking about hair in my food, Im talking about waiters and waitresses that could not speak. I mean it, they were like zombies. The coffe tasted like [-] and the service at the bars was atrocious. The drinks were weak and at one point I had to yell at the boxman while playing craps to get a cocktail waitress to the table.

I know that this is Stateline we are talking about, but even I have my limits. For 70.00 to 90.00 dollars a night on the weekends I expect much better. Oh yeah I almost forgot to mention the dead ROACH in our room upon arrival. I mean this thing had been dead for at least a day or two and it was stuck to the carpet in the middle of the room.

If you must go to stateline, do yourself a favor and stay at Primm Valley and gamble at Buffalo Bills. Trust me I know what Im talking about. But even at Primm and Buffalo Bills the comps suck, the tables are limited, and the casinos are overcrowded.

My wife and I had been going to Stateline because it was 40 miles closer then Vegas and much easier to do on those quick getaways. But from now on we will either drive the extra 30 miles or we just won't go.

Al

Great Room for the price

I stayed at Whiskey Pete's on my way to San Deigo and on my return trip. I booked my room through travel worm for $15 a night. The room was clean, and well mantianed. My kids liked the arcade and loved to ride the monorail to the other hotels in the area. The pool with the waterslide was also a nice feature. The staff was friendly and helpful, letting us check in a few hours early. The food in the cafe was good, and reasonably priced. I would stay there again.

Had a great time here!

by TripAdvisor Member SLOJen

Three of us stayed here for one night on our way into Vegas for the 4th of July weekend, and we really enjoyed this hotel! We arrived at about 10pm on a Friday night - check in was friendly and quick and we found our room to be extra clean and quiet. We had reserved a non-smoking room on a high floor with 2 queen beds, and that's exactly what we got. (Couldn't smell a trace of smoke either.)

We headed down to the bar and really enjoyed the entertainment that they had in the lounge area. I didn't catch the name of the band, but it sounds like they performed there often. By the end of the night they had everyone dancing and even doing the conga - pretty hilarious! Bartenders were friendly and they had a pretty lively crowd at the blackjack tables.

We checked out the next morning and headed into Vegas for 3 more days of fun. Of course, Whiskey Pete's is NOT glamorous or classy or elegant but it IS a great value and a fun little hotel. I didn't expect much from this place, but it turned out to be a great time.

Geart place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member Pastylady

We stayed at Whiskey Pete's In October 05 for two nights before we flew back to the UK. Our room was a good size and clean, The Bathroom was clean and not a bad size. There was Coffee plus Shampoo Etc.We had a view over the pool. We had good food while we were there and we booked through Midas Hotelnetwork and it only cost us £21 for the two of us for the two nights we could not believe the price so were not sure what to expect but we would stay there again, if like us you fly in to Vegas to start your Holiday but dont want to stay in Vegas then try here I think you will be suprised. They have a great shopping mall so you dont even need to go to the one in Vegas.It is about a 20 minute drive to the Airport on a good road. But if it is your first visit to Vegas then you do need to stay right in Vegas.Plus we were also lucky on the slots here.

great value

by TripAdvisor Member bolin3876

we stayed at petes on friday 13th may 05, as we had been staying in palm springs and didnt fancy the 4 hour drive back for our flight from vegas back to england, we thought it was great value and on this night they had a great rock band on,in the casino. will definately be back.

Comments