3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Costs 53% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• bpwarne's Profile Photo

Not The Peppermill

We stayed at this Casino/Resort/Hotel for 1 night in June, 2011. Room was a winning bid on Priceline. Room was clean, fairly recently redecorated, nice but not up to recent Peppermill standards. TV was older tube type, not very large. Pool area consists of two pools, one indoors which is very large and one outdoors. There is also a large jacuzzi adjacent to the outside pool. Both are on the same floor, 6th I believe. Both are nice, however the decor of the outside area is a bit old looking. While quite nice, the pools do not compare to the newly built and renovated pools of the Peppermill. The gym is much, much smaller than the Peppermill's but does have new equipment, many machines wth personal TVs w/Direct TV. While I prefer the Peppermill overal to this Casino/Hotel, the Atlantis is still an excellent choice with an excellent Buffet restaurant, consistently rates as Reno's best buffet.
    Update: We stayed at this Casino/Resort again in Oct, 2011. Again it was a winning Priceline bid. This time we stayed in a newly remodeled room in a different wing and the room was Excellent! Every bit as nice as the Peppermill. Very comfortable beds, big flat screen TV, free wifi. Excellent price if you can get it on a Priceline bid for around $55-$65.

Unique Quality: The Atlantis provides free extended parking and free airport shuttle. While many of the Reno Casinos provide this convenience, The Atlantis provides free parking up to 6 weeks, much longer than most, if you stay one night prior to departure or upon return, which may be a big motivator for locals and nearby out of towners flying out of Reno. Huge indoor swimming pool is a BIG plus in winter months, in addition to an outdoor pool and jacuzzi.

Directions: On South virginia Street, south of the Peppermill, east side of street.

• Not a good hotel for non-smokers or kids

This hotel has very bad air quality. Everywhere you go in the hotel -- you smell smoke. Even in their non-smoking rooms, which by the way, had ashtrays in them! If you are a non-smoker or have kids, don't come here, you will hate it.

Unique Quality: too smokey

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo

Is it cheaper?

This non-downtown hotel is one of a growing number of hotels that advertises a low rate then adds a resort fee only disclosed at check in that in fact makes there rate about the same as everyone. Personally I would never stay here again just on the principle of things, however the rooms are clean ( even in the motor lodge, the cheaper alternative) and the facilities are nice. However most every thing in the hotel involves an additional charge.

Unique Quality: Don't be fooled by low advertised rate! A resort fee will be added that will make it just as expensive as anywhere else.

• changeinlatitude's Profile Photo

Bring Your Wallet

The Atlantis is a nice Hotel. It is very big and the casino is never ending. The rooms are nice, nothing major to write home about, but nice.

The breakfast buffett is very yummy. If you cannot find it there, you won't find it anywhere. Also, the crab legs in othe oyster bar are WONDERFUL!!!!! And the blue martinis will knock your socks off. HMMMM!!!!!

The casino was not very kind to us, but it was still fun. It is very easy to get turned around in there though, so pick a good landmark so you can make an easy "Lets get the heck out of here before we loose the kids college money" escape.

Unique Quality: They have a great covered walk way that takes you accross the highway and right into a great shopping center. The supper market came in handy since every thing you eat or drink in the hotel will cost you an arm and a leg.

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo

Atlantis Casino Resort

I got a room here using Expedia for a great price. I was worried before checking in, that it would be a dump. I was very pleased with the place.

Directions: You can see the Atlantis Tower as you drive away from the airport.

• FulltimeRV's Profile Photo

Gambling Report - Video Poker and Live Poker

We visited Atlantis just for gambling, so if you're looking for a Hotel review, Restaurants or Night Life sorry, I can't help you :-(

I played Texas Hold'em in the poker room and Chris played Quarter video poker.

POKER:
    Poker room is good sized by Reno standards, about 8 tables if I remember correctly. No smoking. Mostly playing 3/6 and 4/8 with a small No Limit game nightly ($200 max $50 min buyin).

Small $15 buyin daily tournament ,Texas Hold'em, at Noon. one hour shootout. Two table maximum. One winner per table.

1-5 ranking...
    I'll give the Poker room a 5 on style, and a 2 on substance for lack of real tournaments.

VIDEO POKER
    They offer a lot of full-pay machines including JOB, NSUD (no FPDW that we saw), DB, progressive JOB, and BP.

If you don't know what I'm talking about email me and I'll explain video poker to you :-) If you play machines, it's way better than slots!

One caution about VP at Atlantis and all over Reno. Max Play isn't always just 5 coins on many machines. If you're accustomed to putting in a big bill and hitting max play you could find yourself playing $20 a hand on dollar VP vs. $5.

Video poker ranking 4.5! It's a solid play.

Unique Quality: Upscale place, one of the top 3 or 4 in town. Nice decore, clean, friendly staff.

Directions: South of downtown Reno, past the Peppermill.
    1. You can drive all the way down Virginia, or 2. can take US-395 to Virginia, and turn back North on Virginia or
    3. can take McCaran Rd. to Virginia and turn back N. on Virginia

• mcpangie's Profile Photo

At The End of the Rainbow

They had Tanya Tucker in concert last month. Nice of them.

Unique Quality: Luck would have it someone I know won $3,000 over at the Atlantis 12 hours after I took this picture. Not me... alas!

More about Atlantis Casino Resort

What a disappointment!

Having stayed at the Atlantis quit a few years ago - our children were in college in Reno, so about 1998 to 2000 - and at that time enjoying our experience, we were very disappointed on a recent visit to the Atlantis Casino. We never thought much of the decoration of the hotel or the rooms, but we enjoyed the people we ran into in the restaurants. The one young man that at the time had been so helpful and efficient in the matters that applied to us, is no longer there. I think he was a top overall manager of the department - very people oriented. He made our visits an absolute pleasure. The whole personality of the restaurants has changed - not the friendly atmosphere we used to experience. We felt we were more of an inconvenience to the wait staff and management than the guests that we were to be treated as. It's too bad that the people running this hotel do not see fit to hold on to employees that make a difference in the experience of their guests. It's unfortunate that Reno, as a whole, lacks the fun and great customer service that we've had the pleasure of experiencing on our many visits to Las Vegas. We will not be staying at the Atlantis again.

Hmmm - not so great for us

by TripAdvisor Member edeyj

Before telling of our experience of the Atlantis let me just say that my wife and I are not gamblers and this was our first (and last) stay at a casino hotel.We stayed at the Atlantis in March 2004 for 6 nights primarily as a reasonably convenient place to visit the ski resorts of North Lake Tahoe. We liked the look of the facilities at the hotel and fancied staying at a hotel with a casino. We booked a Royal Dolphin room which was spacious and nicely furnished but without any facilities that we normally take for granted - no coffee making facilities, no wardrobe space (just a rail with hangers), very small bathtub and basin (although the bathroom was large). We came to realise that the prime reason for all of this is that the Atlantis are only interested in how much money they can make from you - everything is an extra. This was brought home to me when I was charged $3.22 for two minutes Internet access - something that is free in most hotels these days!The spa wasn't up to much - the pool area while OK is not managed very well with children being allowed to get up to all kinds of unsavoury antics.
The staff don't smile much and seem de-motivated. An example of this was at the Monte Vigna bar when we witnessed a customer ordering a glass of champagne which was flat when it arrived. He asked the waitress to have it changed and we then watched the bartender pour half a glass of the flat champagne into a clean glass and then top it up from a new bottle. Fortunately the customer noticed this and confronted the bartender who proceeded (without speaking to the customer) to pour a full glass from the new bottle and give it to the waitress. The man had to then sit down to be served. What a poor show!The hotel doesn't really cater for skiers - no ski lock up or any other facilities. The casino and public spaces are smokey - although I guess this would be the norm for a casino hotel.So all in all, not great if you are not a gambler. Can't comment on how it compares to other casino hotels but if you are a skier stay at one of the smaller places at Kings Beach or Tahoe Vista (great lake views).One final thing - the hotel places cards in the room suggesting we should be good to the planet and not ask for bedding and towels to be washed every day. What a cheek - the whole place is lit up like a Christmas tree on steroids and every half hour during the evening has a gas-fired pyrographic display from it's twin towers adjacent to the main road (another twist on global warming)! If the Atlantis management are serious about saving the planet then they should take a good look at their power consumption from these items.
But then I always thought that not washing the linen every day was more to do with saving the hotel money rather than being good to the planet.

A Great Experience

My fiancee and I visited Reno for the first time in July 2003. We thought that the Atlantis was great. We were in the Luxery Tower and had a wonderful view of downtown and the mountains from our room. The only complaint that I have was that I could not find anyone to microwave something for me. We had such a positive experience that we have already booked a room in the Luxery Tower for this summer! We reccomend The Toucan Charlie's breakfast buffet. it was best one that we found.

Great Hotel

I recently stayed at the Alantis Hotel (3/2004) I found it to be a very pleasant experience overall. The tower room we stayed in was comfortable, decor was okay. . nice sized marble bathroom. Plenty of space for hanging clothes. All that really didn't matter I wasn't in the room for long anyway. The casino/lobby area is spectacular with a waterful, beautiful decor which is not over done. There is even a wave crashing inside. The food at the Buffet was spectacular and a good deal. The pool/hot tub areas are nice as well. Staff were pretty friendly, just don't ask for a free drink. . those girls were not the friendliest. The slots are tighter than those in downtown. I liked the fact it wasn't "crowded" among other buildings like downtown hotels.
Overall above average.

Absolutely Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member shalinimisri

Atlantis is a great hotel. Its located a little farther away from the main strip, but its okay. We stayed there 4/2 and 4/3 in a luxury tower room. Its an okay sized room. Clean rugs, beds and sheets. Bathrooms are a little bigger than usual. With a nice vanity area with a large mirror and lots of lights. Perfect for 6 of us girls that went. The service is outstanding from the slots attendants to the front desk. A little disappointed that our room did not get comped considering how much we played and since we didnt go to any other casino. Although the girl in VVIP said that the next time I go to Atlantis the room will be comped. But thats about the only thing that was a little frustrating.
the indoor pool was awesome. The outdoor pool was ok too. The jacuzzi was a little small considering how huge Atlantis is. I was thinking that mayge there would be 2 or 3 but it was not that bad. DO NOT EAT AT PURPLE PARROT!!!! HORRIBLE FOOD!!! ALTHOUGH TOUCAN CHARLIES IS BY FAR THE BEST BUFFET IN RENO!!!!!!!! SOMETHING FOR EVERYBODY!!!!! It was my moms birthday and the concierge delivered fresh flowers to our room before we got there. Which was a surprise for my mom. Overall the hotel and casino get an A+ from me and my family. Will defintely tell others about it and come back again...

Atlantis CasinoAtlantis Casino