500 N Sierra St, Reno, Nevada, 89503, United States

Orbitz.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• the maid will steal from you & they don't care!

“the maid will steal from you & they don't care!”
    Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno
    scrabblegoddess Grass Valley, CAWent for 2 nites over 1st weekend of Hot August Nights. I had notifed them I was disabled, but still got a room in the newer Sky Tower, which was a monorail ride away and was at the end of the hall. Bad idea. Check-in lines were over 45 min. long, with no accomodations for the disabled. I was able to arrange for a different room in the North Tower, but had to pay a $20/nite premium for a room above the 8th floor. Loved the view of the parking garage...well worth $40 extra. haha. Only. Not.
    I unfortunately left my primary handbag (I use a smaller one in the casino for convenience) in the drawer of the nightstand when we left. I called when we got home and security did have the purse -- a Calif. driver's license and assorted credit cards were in my wallet. Yet they didn't even attempt to contact me to let me know they had my bag. The best part? I had $240 in that wallet, which magically disappeared somehow. I eventually spoke to a risk management person who said, after their investigation had proved inconclusive, that she would comp me 2 nites at the hotel. Fat Chance. That doesn't buy groceries. So I spoke to her boss. Basically, after he rattled off his pre-written, memorized spiel, I was told I was out of luck. Too bad, Lady. We are Not Responsible. The bag had been mailed back to me - and I had received it before speaking to him. As I told him, everything in my wallet was topsy-turvy. Credit cards were scattered all over in different places, my check-cashing card was underneath my driver's license (where I never put it), but all my coins were still in the right place. Yippee. Someone had obviously rifled through my wallet. And had swiped the 2 $100 bills and the $20 bills. But all the employees were innocent? I suggested to the risk management guy that, if I wanted to intentionally rip off the hotel for theft, I would have claimed there was a much larger sum of money stolen. I just wanted my $240, so I could pay my bills. I'm on a fixed disability income, and that $240 is no small part of my monthly budget. His concern was as fake as it gets.
    Do not ever stay here. They don't care about you. They only want your money -- however they can get it.
    Another thing: the hotel is old and dark and dingy. They've made attempts at updating, but it's like putting lipstick on a water buffalo.

• SteveOSF's Profile Photo

Good Value

The Circus Circus is a downtown casino. With circus acts and a circus arcade, which has the feel of a county fair, the Circus Circus Hotel caters to families who visit this gambling town. I stayed at this hotel in the past, and found it to be well used, and a bit crowded. But its prices were very reasonable for a downtown hotel.

When I recently booked a room at the Circus Circus I was a little apprehensive as I expected this older hotel to be a bit run down with slow elevators laden with baby strollers. However, I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel.

The room was a decent size and clean. The hotel is conveniently connected to the casinos. A bridge connects the Circus Circus to the adjacent Silver Legacy Casino. A rail car is located on the second floor that delivers guests from the rear building to the main building on Virginia Street. The hotel has free parking for its guests.

My only complaint with the Circus Circus was that it had extremely bad coffee at its main coffee shop. This made an otherwise acceptable breakfast at the 24 hour restaurant quite distasteful. But fortunately, a coffee kiosk was located in the lobby near the elevator that served a nice, but more expensive, cup of coffee.

The Circus Circus is not the Ritz, but it still represents decent value for your hotel dollar, especially mid-week.

• bpwarne's Profile Photo

Much better than expected

I stayed at the Circus Circus for one night in December, 2007. Check-in was quick and the personnel were very friendly. I was given a voucher for a free prime rib dinner in the Americano Cafe on premises. Free...not a two for one coupon.

Room was a bit large on the tenth floor. Plenty of quick elevators. Room appeared to have been remodeled farly recently. Carpet was fresh, linens seemed fairly new. Room ammenities included remote TV with minimal cable channels, granite shower enclosure and counter top in bath, hairdryer, iron & board. Room was in much nicer condition than I had expected for a family oriented casino.

Unique Quality: It's a casino. This may or may not be a plus to you.

Directions: Propert takes up a whole city block and fronts on Virginia Avenue, the main downtown street or 'strip'.

• poetjo's Profile Photo

A city within itself

Well I've been staying at the Circus Circus for as long as I can remember. I stayed there two nights this past week. When I arrived on a Thursday I was automatically upgraded to a sky tower room. I don't know why though I was happy about it. The room is spacious with the usual amenities and very colorful. The view on the 25th floor was fantastic. I could see all of southwest and some of the southeast portion of Reno, with the Silver Legacy right there. The only complaint I had was it was extremely windy there at night so around 2:00 in the morning through about 5:00 in the morning those gale force winds kicked up and it sounded as if a tornado was coming through the windows. I never had this problem on the lower floor tower rooms so if you are a light sleeper, like me, ask for a lower floor. I'm always pleased staying there. It's a good value for the money even on weekends.

The staff both in the hotel and casino are very helpful and friendly. They will answer any questions and always point you in the right directions. It's easy to get lost up there. The MGM Mirage bought Circus Circus, the Silver Legacy and The El Dorado so all of these hotel casinos are connected on the mezzanine levels and you could walk right through to each of these casinos. The mezzanine levels host the variety of restaurants which are diverse and abundant for each hotel. You never get hungry there and I found prices to be very good.

I love the arcade and circus shows in the midway of Circus Circus. I lucked out and saw the Girls from China Bike acrobatic team which was fantastic. Kids obviously love the midway as there are all sorts of arcade games and it is very spacious and well staffed. The circus shows are run about every hour and are free. It's a fun environment there for all ages.

All in all I like this hotel and will definitely stay there again. If you have your children with you, this is the place to stay.

Unique Quality: There is also a fitness room for those of you who would like to workout. The tram linking the casino and circus midway takes you over to the skytowers or you can even walk.

Directions: Downtown Reno on Virginia and 5th Street.

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo

Cheap & close to everything

Just returned from Reno (2/10/07) and while I was not impressed with Circus Circus, the price was great ($39/night) and it is very close to everything downtown. In fact, it is attached by walkway to the Silver Legacy and the El Dorado (both much nicer and more expensive).
    So in addtion to the 6 restaurants Circus Circus has, you can also enjoy the other hotel's many spots without ever going outside. This is good, because the neighborhood is a little rough.

Ate twice at the Steakhouse and was impressed with their early bird special. From 5pm to 6pm you can get an 8 oz prime rib with the trimmings for $11.99. It was so good I went back the next night and had it again. Great wine list also.

Had the breakfast buffet twice and thought it fine. Especially the free one :). The hotel also has a pizza place, a sushi bar, a deli, and the Americano Cafe, none of which I tried.

The one thing that bothered me a lot was the cigarette smoke in the casino. I'm not one to notice such things usually, so you can be assured it is bad. Low ceilings and ancient air circulation combine to make it nasty. Up on the second floor next to the Midway is a non-smoking area with only machines - no tables. You can work the slots and watch the circus acts above you.

Even if you smoke, I strongly suggest you don't ask for a smoking room - they reek so bad you can't breath in them.

Directions: Takes up the block between Sierra & Virginia, 4th and 5th. Free shuttle bus runs every half hour from the airport.

• Reno's Family Casino

This year instead of the Queen/Queen room we usually get, I splurged and got a junior suite. Room(s) were larger.

Unique Quality: two telephones, Two Televisions and two realy great views..one downtown one to the mountians

Directions: Down Town Part of the triplex Circus Circus/Elderado/Sliver Legesy

• TrvlnGrrl's Profile Photo

Great Value

I booked a quick surpise trip to Reno with my husband and we really enjoyed our stay. The reviews I had read about Circus Circus were mixed so I wasn't sure what to expect. We got there and check in was a LONG wait. I think it must have just been bad timing. After what I am guessing was 30-45 mins we were in our room and everything forgiven. Our room was clean enough, standard bed, table, 2 chairs, armoie, tv, ect. Not fancy (like maybe some people expect, hense the bad reviews) But it was fine for us, and had a good view. We headed down to the slots and had a great time, gambled for 2-3 hours and only spent $5 total. Although striking it rich is always on the back of your mind, I was happy to have been entertained fairly inexpensively. The rest of the stay was fine, we walked around to other casinos, but were happy to stay put at Circus Circus. Although we love children, we were a little worried that there may be to many of them running around. There were a few rowdy ones that seemed to just be riding the tram back and forth, but hey..they could be up to something worse right? All in all..enjoyed our stay and would return if ever back in Reno.

Unique Quality: The circus...which I always seem to miss. But I am guessing its fun to watch! Plenty of fairway games for kids, Caters to children and families, but we enjoyed it as a couple too. There is a tram that runs from one side of Hotel/Casino to other, or you can just walk through the long corridor which might be a good idea if you have been to the buffet! The rates we got were great.. I think $35 with breakfast included for 1 queen bed. (we stayed in the less expensive tower, which is older, but was fine.

More about Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno

Friendly, Quick, and Clean!!!

We just stayed at Circus Circus Reno on Aug. 11-13. Check-in and check-out was fast and friendly. We were given a choice of lower or higher floor....we chose the higher and got a room on the 21st floor of the Skytower. It was large, clean, quiet, and had a magnificent view. Called room service for extra pillows and they were at our door within 5 minutes.

The new fitness room on the fourth floor was clean, provided water and towels, and had two TVs for viewing while on the bike or treadmill.

The price was fantastic and so was the stay. Will return here again in the future.

Tears of a Clown at Reno's Circus CircusTears of a Clown at Reno's Circus Circus

Comments