3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

219 N Center St, Reno, Nevada, 89501, United States
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 40% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Harrah's Reno

still a great casino hotel

by TripAdvisor Member rich0976

we spent four days over the 4th of july 2005 at harrahs reno,while the hotel itself is showing signs of its age everything is well kept and clean,the service is what is expected of harrahs.the room was well equipped and quiet except for the train noises which at times seem to be in your room. i have stayed in both towers at different times and there is no escaping the trains. the food in the resturants was very good along with the service. we saw the three shows that were playing at the time and all were enjoyable,the equal of any in this town.it was an enjoyable trip. this was our second trip to harrahs reno within the past year,and i would recommend it to anyone wishing to avoid the frantic activity of las vegas,or even atlantic city, especially for older people. i did find the casino to be a bit tight this trip,but possibly i was just on an extended bad streak.i did feel that my level of play warrented full r.f.b. however as the airfare for two from pittsburgh,along with the room,shows and some of the resturant charges were comped i cant complain.

best hotel on the strip

by TripAdvisor Member judyb48

My wife and I stayed at Harrahs in May and went bck again in Sept. The hotel staff go out of their way to help with any problems, and the rooms were excellent and very clean and comfy. The restaurants are all very good, but the buffet has a special place in our hearts. It is one of the best I have ever been to. The table and slots were fair also. Would deffinetely recomend this Hotel to all. We are going back again in May.

Sad and dated...

by TripAdvisor Member sleepgood

It's sad to see a large, probably once grand hotel enter into this phase of its life. The Harrah's Reno resembles a 2 star facility, badly in need of a cleaning and a face-lift. The bedspreads are worn and tattered. The televisions work (barely) and there are limited services available, inside the rooms. Bathrooms are marginally clean. There seems to be no insulation left between rooms, unimaginable in a gambling town where guests come and go at all hours. Perhaps the Harrah group needs to take a lesson from its Las Vegas facilities and invest a little in order to revive poor, struggling Reno.

you've got to be kidding

by TripAdvisor Member calster

This stay was perhaps the worst hotel experience ever. Customer service? I don't know where the rave reviews came from, but we certainly did not receive any customer "service." The staff was rude and not accomodating. We asked for a non-smoking room, supposedly guaranteed, but got a smoking room. We didn't check in and got waitlisted for a non-smoking room. We did some gaming and then overheard a couple saying that they just checked in. They walked up and got a non-smoking room. I went back to the front desk and they said they didn't know what I was talking about. I could understand if I had booked the room at a dirt cheap rate, but for rack rate, I expected at least a better room. In the end, we took the smoking room.
The rooms were unbelievably dated...think 70's at it's worst. It's true we did stay in the West Tower, maybe the East Tower is better (it's newer). The room was dirty and the bathroom could have used a little more cleanser.
We will never stay at this property again. Period.

Great stay in east tower

by TripAdvisor Member anniediaz

Our room was in the east tower on the 16th floor. Great view, bed was very comfy and furnishings were very nice, as nice as any Marriott or Hyatt I've stayed in. Very nice, clean, updated bathroom. I agree the slots are stingy in the casino, but the hotel has been very generous to me with room comps and offers I receive in the mail. Since my dauther will be attending the University of Nevada, Reno, I plan to stay here many more times. The buffet was very good also. I left my prescription glasses in the bed when I checked out and they sent them to me Fedex right away. The new RiverWalk is a couple of blocks away, very nice to sit along the river and watch the rafters, next time I think we'll join them! I also like staying at Harrahs So. Lake Tahoe.

The West Tower

This seems to be where they put everyone nowadays the West Tower which used to be the Hampton Inn. That is why the rooms are older... My first time in Reno in 1999 I was in the East Tower. Superb room a couch, king size bed but since they send everyone to the west tower it has all changed...I like Harrah's but tired of always in the west tower so we are going to stay elsewhere from now on unless they let people back in the East tower.

One of the worst places I've ever stayed

Our stay at Harrah's in Reno was a nightmare. We had a problem checking in as the desk clerk was having a hard time understanding English. When we got to our room, we didn't have a frig, which I had requested earlier and was told would be in our room when we arrived. The room was unbearably hot & stuffy even with the air conditioner on. Finally decided that the AC was just not working, so after almost two hours later and two phone calls to housekeeping, we finally got a maintainence man to show up. He changed the filter on the AC which was so covered with lint, dust and crud it was unreal. After that, the AC did work a lot better, but still left a lot to be desired. Our room had not been cleaned very well before we checked in, as I found empty coin wrappers, peanuts, and even a small tool in the room that was left from a previous guest. There is no vent or fan in the bathroom, so after you take a shower, you have to wait for the mirror to unfog before you can use it. The day we checked out, the toilet was barely flushing. If you drive anything larger than a half ton pickup like I do, you won't make it into the parking garage. I barely did. Another thing I didn't like is that a lot of the restaurants close up real early, so unless you want a sit down meal you are out of luck. The first night we were there, we had people across the hall fighting and argueing and slamming doors half the night. I know this is not Harrah's fault, but it just fit in with the rest of the experience. You couldn't pay me enough to stay there again.

Harrah's Reno

My wife and I recently stayed in Harrah's Reno and found the room to be ok, nothing special. We stayed in one of the towers with a small casino on the first floor. For two nights we walked thru the lobby to the main casino much larger with more slots. The casino was very smokey and didn't pay us anything during the two nights. The dinners at Harrah's were expensive. If I ever return to Reno I will not consider Harrah's. We ate our meals at the Eldorado (Breakfast and Dinner) at wonderful buffets which were inexpensive, the food and service were great. I recommend the Eldorado, the casino was enjoyable which made the Eldorado top of its class downtown.

Harrah's was fine

by TripAdvisor Member extranan

We stayed here Sunday night the 2nd of Oct. Had a room in the East Tower on the 18th floor so we had a good view. The room had two beds - as requested, nicely furnished. It's a little on the small side but certainy was worth the price. The casino downstairs is quite small but we were directed across to the other casino in the other tower, where all the restuarants are. I never did find the Players Club until after midnite and that's when they close. And the Cashier's cage should have more people working there.
We had dinner at the Italian restuarant. The sign said it's "Reno's best". Hardly. It was really terrible food. I had the $20.00 platter and couldn't finish the ravioli because of the taste and the shrimp was the toughest I've ever tried. I usually eat anything but this food was not good!
The show, Bare Backs was very good! A lot of fun and you feel like clapping along with the singing and dancing. It's so good you'd expect it to be in Vegas. The comedian is an old timer and really very funny!

Nice Play to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Hoopmom

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We were pleased with our room and would stay here again. We got a great rate from the hotel's website.

Comments