Peppermill Resort Casino

See Amenities
sinjabc's Profile Photo

Excellent and Fun

by written on September 29, 2010

I recently stayed here a second time at the end of August (post renovations). I really enjoy staying at this hotel. The rooms are plush and comfortable, the pool is luxurious and the buffet is satisfying. I really enjoy all the travel videos around the lobby and casino (and now in the room). This hotel always has great deals end of summer.

Unique Quality: Three pools, one with a waterfall, and two hot tubs. The buffet has something for everyone (difficult if you are vegan or vegetarian). The Fireside Lounge is fun for late night cocktails. The 24-hour Coffee Cafe is great for after-hours $6.99 breakfast deals.

Hermanater's Profile Photo

WOW !!!!

by written on November 12, 2008

Our last night in Reno I booked this hotel for a change of scenery. I am very glad I did. It was amazing. I have been to Vegas before and this hotel would not only fit in , it would show up a few other hotels.

The ambience lighting in the lobby parking light to the mural painted walls and the decorated public washrooms, everything was classy.

The halls had nice carpet or marble flooring. There were plants and antique looking fixtures everyplace. We walked doen a service corridor by some offices and they looked so elaborate. Amazing. The lighting in the pool bar, the enterance by the pool door....everything was amazing.
The price at the restaurants were reasonable (on the higher side) and the food was good.

The rooms-
The hall ways had paintings on the walls between each room. The dors including the bathroom and main door were all solid polished cherry wood. Everything was very ritzy looking. We had a wet bar with a couch, two chairs and flat screen tv. The bedroom had a bar and fridge, king bed, two person jacuzzi and a flat screen tv.

Would love to go here again for more then one night.

Unique Quality: Everything.

bpwarne's Profile Photo

Best deal in Reno!

by written on November 29, 2007

We have stayed at this hotel many times over the years. It is consistantly a great place. Great rooms, large, tastefully appointed, clean, great ammenities, great pool, great breakfast buffet (especially midweek when it is 2 for 1 for seniors over 55 with card, making it $5 ea for the biggest, best breakfast buffet in Reno, a truly fantastic bargain) We stayed at this hotel in November, 2007 for $48 total price on a Priceline bid. Broadband internet available at an optional charge. Free airport shuttle.

PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

As good as advertised

by written on October 13, 2006

I read numerous flowery reviews of the Peppermill, and that was the main reason we chose to stay there. I was almost disappointed at the outset - we arrived around 4:00 to find the parking lot closed for construction, so we had to haul our bags a decent way to the front desk. They had a self check-in kiosk, which was wonderful except that they told me my room wasn't ready. Now, there's nothing we could do with the baby in tow, so we stood in line to ask for a different room, but by the time we got up there, the room was ready after all. Then, the A/C didn't work, but after a phone call, the maintenance crew arrived and fixed it within 15 minutes. Fabulous service! The rooms themselves in the tower are huge and well kept by the cleaning staff. We didn't have any problems with noise, either. Plenty of room for the baby to run around. Nice big bathrooms as well. I was pleased with the attitudes of all the staff we encountered. The casino is good sized and has most of the popular games at affordable limits. Plenty of great choices for dining here as well. All-in-all, this was a fantastic stay.

FulltimeRV's Profile Photo

Gambling Report - Video Poker and Live Poker

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 21, 2005

This is a gambling report mostly, so if you're looking for info on Peppermill's Rooms or Nighlife or fine dining check another review, OK? :-)

Live POKER
Just about the best poker room in the city, maybe the best. Around 14 tables, newly remodeled, comfortable chairs. Only 2 criticisms about the poker room; 1. a few tables are too small and narrow to crowd 10 holdem players around! 2. layout is tight to walk around.

Games are 2/4, 4/8, 10/20, No Limit. They have some of the best tournaments in town including a very nice $20+5 with $10 addon M-T-W, often with 4 or 5 tables. Thurs nite is $100 with one rebuy, and Fri/Sat are $100 freezeouts. Often 4 or 5 tables are filled, so the prize pool is worth playing for.

Bad beat jackpot is up to about $160k! Both players have to use both hole cards, so it just keeps building!

Overall a great poker room.

VIDEO POKER
Great plays here; full pay machines in quarters, halfs, and dollars. BP, DB, JOB, FPDW, DDB, and JOB progressive. Maybe others too that we didn't see. If you don't know what I'm talking about send me an email and I'll tell you all about Video Poker, it's much better than Slots if you're into machines.

These machines are in excellent shape and seating is comfortable. CAUTION: many machines have Max Play set to 20 coins! If you normally push the max play button for 5 coins you could find yourself playing $20/hand unaware!

COFFEE SHOP: Good food, friendly service, prices are moderate

Unique Quality: One of the nicest places in town (nicest we've been to). Overall great live poker, great video poker, and good food. We hear that the other restaurants are great, so we plan to try them next time we're in town.

Directions: On Virginia south of downtown. You can take Virginia all the way down, or go US 395 and take the Plumb ave exit. Take Plumb to Virginia and turn South.

thecatsmeow's Profile Photo

Neon and Mirrors that really work together!

by written on April 29, 2005

The Peppermill is a hotel casino resort outside of the main cluster of Reno casino's but it is an excellent choice if you have a car or don't mind using the city bus. The Peppermill has a free shuttle to and from the airport so both options work well. This place is filled with neon and mirrors. Everthing you see is highlighted in neon on the casino floor. The rooms are spaceous and large. Some are done up in a bit of a retro look with some interesting lighting options fortunately not neon. :) Our last room had a hot tub and a steam shower. Very nice. The people that work here are a very friendly group and seem to really enjoy thier work. You can have a lodge type room for pretty reasonable amount or you can get a tower room. The tower rooms are much , much nicer. There are several onsite restaurants to choose from from your buffets to a few very nice places.

Unique Quality: The Peppermill has one of the nicest pools in the Reno/Tahoe area

Directions: From the airport take Plumb Lane to S Virginia Street. Take a left onto S Virginia Street and follow until you see the Peppermill on your right. Or Hhop the free airport shuttle that comes every half hour or so. Contact them for details.

mcpangie's Profile Photo

Big Spin Sunday Drawings!

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 18, 2005

My relatives have stayed in the hotel and always enjoy it. I never have to. I live here. Suppose I could on comps, but I just go home again.

Unique Quality: I've probably only gone to the Sunday drawings about 10 times since I've moved here. Yesterday I went over and I got a chance to spin the wheel and I won $100.

The trick? If you stay over the weekend, collect your Big Spin tickets and try. Don't worry if you only have a few entries. Honestly, the worst that can happen is you won't get called. But, if you do enter, you could be one of 33 people who try for anywhere from $100 to $10,000 dollars.

On their website, you can sign up for the chance to win $50 if you join their newsletter.

Peppermill - Reno's Best Hotel

by written on March 9, 2004

I would highly recommend the Peppermill. I stay there about 6 times a year. I choose the Peppermill because service is important to me and no other hotel comes close. Their rooms are clean and spacious and food is second to none

Unique Quality: They have a great outdor pool, great for the kids. The Peppermill has wild decor and has about 100 plasma tvs spread around the property

Directions: About three miles from Downtown

lorino's Profile Photo

I can personally recommend the...

by written on August 24, 2002

I can personally recommend the Peppermill Hotel Casino. Rooms are spacious and comfortable, service is top notch, the casino is extremely large and the Peppermill offers 7 great restaurants and 11 different bars!
Depends on whether included in an air/hotel package but, average for standard room $45US per night.

Directions: 2707 South Virginia St., Reno, Nevada, 89502. 1-800-282-2444.

Nearby Peppermill Resort Casino

• Suites
  • Airport Transportation
  • Bar / Lounge

Reno Travel Forum

Need advice about Reno, Nevada? Visit the Travel Forum for Reno and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Reno hotel reviews