407 N Virginia St, Reno, Nevada, 89501, United States

Silver Legacy Resort and Casino
Silver Legacy Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Smokey Silver Legacy

Silver Legacy is fun. It feels like a village, and there is a lot to see and do. My only complaint is the air quality. I could smell smoke in my non-smoking room at night. I had to go take a walk outside to clear my head. It detracted from the otherwise very nice hotel resort.

• SteveOSF's Profile Photo

A Bit Disappointing

We arrived at the Silver Legacy about 6:00 p.m. on a Saturday evening. We felt lucky when we found a parking place in their garage after traveling up eight stories of jammed packed parking stalls. We had to stalk some poor souls who were heading to their car in order to accomplish this task. The check in was painless, however, we were not impressed with the room. It was smaller than one would expect. It had a table with only one chair.

The room had two queen beds that were as hard as concrete. The pillows were actually harder than the mattresses. Boulders would have been softer.

The bathroom was not laid out well with the toilet right up against a wall with the roll of paper mounted poised to bump the shoulder of anyone who sits on the commode.

The rooms did not have a coffee maker that is sometimes nice to have as an option.

The air from the hearer and air conditioner did smell like cigarette smoke, likely due to mixed circulation with smoking rooms or the casino.

The TV remote controller was missing when we checked in. When we called the hotel operator and explained the situation she called a TV technician to the room who arrived fairly quickly. The technician immediately called housekeeping to bring up a controller and disappeared. Housekeeping soon delivered the wanted article. However, it did not work well. In fact, it only worked intermittently. I suspect weak batteries. So the next day, we had to request another one be brought to our room. Although they took care of the problem, I was surprised that they did not check to make sure the first one worked before bringing it to the room or that the operator had to first send a technician. One other minor irritation was a burnt out light bulb in one of the room's lamps. I suspect that such things are not always replaced when discovered by housekeeping.

The pool was closed for the season in April which is common for the location. The hot tub was open but it was pretty small and about of the size one might find in a residence. Once would think a large hotel would have one that could accommodate more guests.

I began to speculate that the Silver Legacy makes their rooms and amenities such to encourage people not to hang out in them and to gamble instead.

Checkout time is at 11:00 a.m. which is on the early side for a major hotel in a gambling town. Those who checked out Sunday at 11:00 a.m. were greeted with an enormous line of people waiting for the elevators to the garage. However, on Monday, a later checkout time of 12:00 was happily granted by the front desk upon request.

The hotel is well located on Virginia Street in Reno and within walking distance of the other major downtown casinos. They have a fair selection of restaurants and nightclubs. It is conveniently connected to the adjacent casinos of the Circus Circus and the El Dorado by bridges that span the city streets.

Although it enjoys a convenient location and is competitively priced, the hotel misses on many other areas.

• mcpangie's Profile Photo

They Take Care Of Their Guests

I know some people who spent a week at the Silver Legacy and explain they were well taken care of... nice comps. I've never really needed hotel myself in Reno, so my experience is just gambling there. It's one of the high-end places in Reno, not so much as could be found in Las Vegas, but a very nice hotel and casino.

Unique Quality: Silver Legacy is a common sponsor of events and performances of headline acts in Reno.

• Best Hotel in Reno!!!

Stepping inside the Silver Legacy is like walking into an oasis in the desert. At first it seems like any other hotel, but the Victorian theme grows on you and starts to feel like this hotel and it's moftif truly fit in Reno. When you check in, ask for the highest room you can get (I much prefer a western facing view to see the beautiful Sierra-Nevada Mountrains), you'll truly be rewarded with the veiw!! If you like seafood, don't miss the pan-roasts at Fairchilds Oyster Bar, you'll keep going back for them! Overall, this is a great hotel to relax and unwind in. All the other hotel/resorts are in walking distance, as well as the Riverwalk on the Truckee River.

Unique Quality: The rooms are very comfortable with large picture windows to enjoy the views. They only have an outdoor pool, but in the Summer, a good sized sun deck by the pool with some very nice views of the mountains. They also have a decent sized exercise area.

If you do well in the casino, treat yourself to a message. They do a very good job there!

• Since this is a tourist town,...

Since this is a tourist town, there are tons of Hotels. Any of the bigger casinos are good. If you come during the week Sun.-Thurs. they are only about $25-35 a night. Weekends and holidays will easily be double that! But there are also all the major hotel chains here, so no worries. The 3 nicest hotel rooms that I've been in are The Peppermill - Silver Legacy - & The Atlantis.

More about Silver Legacy Resort Casino

Inexpensive Room

by TheCheeryCynic about Circus Circus

Circus Circus is actually connected to the Silver Legacy and El Dorado, but it is by far the most inexpensive of the 3. People were paying double the price to stay at the Silver Legacy, and I don't understand why. The room was clean, beds, were comfortable, the exercise room was a joke, but if you're traveling you should have barely anytime to work out anyway.

The casino at the Circus Circus was definitely the lower end of the 3. Dark and dirty. Stay in their rooms, gamble over at the Silver Legacy, much classier. Circus game room for the kids.

Silver Legacy was great!

My husband and I stayed at the Silver Legacy from 5/28-6/4. We were fortunate enough to get a corner spa suite on the 32nd floor (it was our anniversary and we let them know so I think they gave us a nicer room for a lower price). The plus in that is that the elevators were always ready, fast, and didn't stop at every floor. We could still hear the trains, however. The room was clean. Elevators were secure in that they required you to show your room key to get upstairs. Valet parking was free; however, we parked ourselves and usually found plenty of spaces on the 4th - 7th floors without a problem, even on Memorial Day weekend. It is a short walk to the casino/rooms from the park garage.

The Silver Legacy seemed to have the losest slots (we went to a lot of casinos in Reno/Lake Tahoe). We rented a car at the airport; however, we had a 6 am flight and you can't drop off a vehicle at Hertz before 4:30 a.m. That was a problem... if we had rented at the hotel (Hertz), we could have dropped it off the night before and taken a cab. There were very long lines at the airport because of this. We learned that Thrifty has an off-site drop off and they don't open until 5 a.m. So, book a later morning flight!

The staff at the Silver Legacy were all very nice and helpful. The buffet was pretty good. It is a short drive to Lake Tahoe (both north and south but the south side drive is prettier), Virginia City (beautiful drive through the mountains) and Truckee, CA (shops). If you stop at the Visitor's Center for South Lake Tahoe, you can get a 2-1 buffet at Caesar's hotel.

A plus for the Silver Legacy is that MacDonald's is right across the street and great for coffee in the morning (long lines at Silver Legacy).

Peppermill is nothing but neon and slots are tight. Not nearly as many staff people to assist you!

The coffee shop at the ElDorado (lower level, adjoining the Silver Legacy), had much better food and service than at the Silver Legacy's coffee shop.

The buffet at the Atlantis was good.

All in All, the Silver Legacy is the ONLY place we would stay in Reno!

Fun - Fun - Fun

by TripAdvisor Member sleepy-heads

Our stay at the Silver Legacy Resort was the best ever. The room was clean, quiet, near the elevator and the view was fantastic. Everything we asked for. We are a handicaped couple and requested a room near the elevator and got it. All three of the restaurants all served great food. The casino paid off really nice and the employees were very helpful and friendly. You can go to the Eldorado and Circus Circus casinos without ever going outside as they are all connectrd. Our stay at the Silver Legacy Resort was more that we had more than we could of hoped for.

Pleasantly Surprised

This was my first time to Reno and I am glad that I stayed at the Silver Legacy. The room was clean and pleasant with a nice view of the city. I have no complaints whatsoever. Also, because my flight arrived so early in the day, I was expecting to have to check my luggage with the bell captain and wait for a room. Fortunately for me, the front desk clerk was able to find me a clean room that I could check into right away. They did not have to accommodate me, but they did anyway. Thanks, Silver Legacy -- I'm sure I'll be back!

Our Favorite

My husband and I fly to Reno every March for his birthday. We have stayed at the Silver Legacy the past several times. It is our favorite, clean and a very good location. The food is excellent, the help pleasant and just a great place to stay. This year I have upgraded us to a Spa Suite, can't wait!!!!!

silver legacysilver legacy

Silver Legacy CasinoSilver Legacy Casino

The rooftop of the Silver LegacyThe rooftop of the Silver Legacy

at Silver Legacy Casinoat Silver Legacy Casino

help in finding quality hotel/entertainment

by nick1234

hi my name is nick.Im a single 35 year old male coming to reno for the first time in october.. Im traveling for business but will have alot of free time, looking for fun places to go./If anyone knows of good sports bars to watch games please let me know.Traveling alone so trying to find things to do with myself. Will be there between october 6 till 12th. Also trying to decide between the peppermill or harrahs. Any help would be greatly appreciated..nick

RE: help in finding quality hotel/entertainment

by Jamesr3939

The Peppermill is a nice hotel, but a little off the path. The best places to stay are down on Virgina Street. I like the El Dorado, Silver Legacy, or Circus Circus. Most of the casinos have either a sports bar or a sports book area where you can watch and bet on all manner of sporting events. El Dorado, Silver Legacy, and CC all interconnect and if you check their www sites you can find events going on in the area. There are other hotels near Virgina Street and 4th Street, which is the area I would look at.

by nick1234

thanks for the help james. I looked yesterday going to stay at the silver legacy. Peppermill does look very nice but id rather be in the downtown area... trying to find books on reno for restaurants and different outdoor stuff do to is almost impossible at the barnes and nobles.Every thing is nevada seems to center around reno...

by nick1234

i meant everything centers around vegas. lol

RE: help in finding quality hotel/entertainment

by ltt

if you have time, take a side trip to lake tahoe - rent a car or there is a shuttle from the reno airport.

by Jamesr3939

Lake Tahoe is awsome if you drive over go to Heavenly Valley ski resort and ride the tram to the top. It is the best view of the lake and surrounding area. There is a place to eat and bar to have a drink.

Also, a short ride over to Virginia City would be fun. Have lunch at the Bucket of Blood saloon, a real old west bar.

by thecatsmeow

Well I may be to late but I sent you an e-mail with info on restaurants and entertainment in the area. I agree a trip to Tahoe is worth it if you have time.

Comments