Victorian Inn

Tags

Budget Travel Road Trip
See Amenities

"Waffling Owner"

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 3, 2009

It's funny how I came across this review about "The Victorian Inn" motel in Sparks, NV and it's flaky owner named (Marilyn). We made our reservations on the phone a few months in advance for the "Annual Rib Cook Off" in Sparks with lady named "Alta." She was informative, helpful and courteous in getting our reservations taken care of for a 1 bed non-smoking pre-assigned room. Low and behold, a few days before we are to arrive for the Rib Cook Off we get a call from the "Victorian Inn" asking to confirm our reservations. I thought it was strange until I recited the information from when I made the reservations and found out that the room that I was assigned was not to be mine because of the so called Owner (Marilyn) did not authorize rooms to be reserved by their individual room number. I was not too happy about this and the lady that I was talking to on the phone told me that the lady who originally took the reservation was ill. i wanted to Speak to the owner, but she was too busy.

Housekeeping was understaffed, Everything in the room looked like it came from a yard sale, outdated and smelled like Cigarette Smoke. I asked one of the employees where the owner (Marilyn) was and they said, she was at the "Burning Man" festival. She should have stayed and helped out at her business. A few other guest said "Never Again" at this awful place for $90.00 a night.

Unique Quality: NONE

My Pleasant Victorian Stay in Sparks

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 17, 2009

I really liked my stay at the Victorian Inn. The reason I stopped there is that it looked like a big Victorian House. I was pleasantly surprised by there room price and accomadations. The desk maneger Alta was very nice. What I really liked is that it was central to everything. The casino was a block away, the ramp to the freeway was two blocks away and my freinds only lived two miles away. I will definatly come back.

Unique Quality: They had King sized beds, clean rooms and smoking rooms!

Victorian Inn - BAD SERVICE

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 25, 2008

Victorian Inn Reno - Bad experienceý - eleca1914ý - Today
This place has very poor customer service. We made a reservation 2 weeks prior to our event (2008 Rib Cook Off) & on the Monday before the weekend we were to stay at this Place, Marilyn (the owner) called and stated that "unbeknownced" to her, she didnt have authorization to rent rooms for only 1 night at a time. She stated that there was a 2 night minimum. I find it odd that the OWNER didnt have authorization to do something after it was her error. She was not accomodating at all. She also mentioned that because we were upset and because we expected her to accomodate us, she didnt want our business anyway. She recommended The Silver Club and Windsor to us saying that they were nice there. I would assume that if these other businesses are "as nice as her", I wouldnt think that I would want to stay at those places either since her standards of "nice" are something out of a horror movie. I am very upset as this has ruined a trip for my children as they were looking forward to going and now it is too late to rent a room so close to the event date. I wouldnt recommend you include this place in your getaway plans. Marilyn might call at the last minute and say she cant rent to you. Honestly, she cancelled because someone else likely wanted the room for 2 nights which meant more money for her. Her website gives info on "nightlies", but she bends her own rules which makes her very unreliable.

travialrose Jul 13, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Victorian Inn is my favorite place 4th off July. We had our lawn chairs ice cooler and chilled watching the fireworks with the kids. The rooms are nice and Al the manager was very helpful. He told me where to sit for the best view of the fireworks. They had a continental breakfast in the morning complementary. Rooms clean nice place. I'm coming back.

Nearby Victorian Inn

• Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Kitchenette

Sparks Travel Forum

Need advice about Sparks, Nevada? Visit the Travel Forum for Sparks and ask our Answer Gurus.

Sparks Travel Guide