15 Highway 50, Stateline, Nevada, 89449, United States

Rated 20% higher but also costs 159% more than other 4 star hotels

More about Harrahs Lake Tahoe Resort

great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member howardwCoeurDAlene

I stayed at Harrahs Lake Tahoe April 13 and 14 . It is one of the best hotel resorts. The premium room I stayed in provided a great view of the lake and Sierras and the price for the room, booked online was a bargain. I really liked the quiet room, couldnt hear next door quests or room doors slaming shut at all hours, one of my big gripes at most hotels. The staff at the hotel were extra friendly and nice, the casino was beautiful and the pool was an A plus . All rooms have two bathrooms with a shower in one and a tub in the other. Way to go Harrahs ! Your hotel is as good as it gets.

Best Hotel in South Lake Tahoe

Great room with excellent view of Lake and Mountains.

Modern decor and very clean. The two marble bathrooms (equipted with small TV's) were also a great plus. Can't say enough.

One of the best hotel in area. Excellent restaurants and well located to many points of interest.

3 days of interesting weather....

by TripAdvisor Member BankerBill

When we arrived at Harrah's, little did we know that forest fires would spoil our view of the Lake and surrounding mountains. That was Saturday, but Sunday, we woke to a rainy day that washed away the smoke and from our 7th floor comfy room, we were able to see the lake and snow on the peaks of the mountains. My wife and I really liked having 2 separate bathrooms. We ate at the Station on the 18th floor on Saturday. Pretty expensive, so we ate light. The view was almost non-existent due to the smoke in the skys. Good service and food though. Sunday, we ate breakfast in the Rainforest, which was quite good, as were our subsequent breakfasts there. In the afternoon, we drove up to Tahoe City for lunch. Along the way, it rained throughout and the hairpin turns were stomach turners. The temp hovered between 40 & 46 during the day. Monday morning, we woke to itty bitty snow flurries and temps in the mid-thirties. By late morning, with no precipitation falling, we drove about 10 miles back near the Tallac nature trail along highway 89. We had seen some pretty Aspen trees changing colors the day before and wanted some pictures. We ate dinner in their buffet restaurant, which had a super view on Monday evening. The rain had subsided and a panoramic view was there for the looking. The food was good; the view of the lake and mountains better. I should point out that we did gamble in Harrah's but not to our advantage, though we did make our money last in the hour we played Blackjack. No luck in three card poker and only limited success on the slots, which slowly were drained south by other slots. With the threat of an 80% chance of waking to 2 inches of snow Tuesday morning, we headed to bed. Luckily for these 2 Texans, we were not snowed in and were able to escape before the snow became a problem. We had a good time at Harrah's with super service from the housekeeping and other support staff. We highly recommend and will probably stay there again soon. P.S., there is plenty going on either at Harrah's or the other resort casinos to keep you entertained. We were able to attend a concert the first night with Pat Benatar, which was really enjoyable, and a surprisingly good comedy duo called the Stagebenders at Harvey's Improv. Do a little research before you go and you'll find a lot of fun is there to have.

Our first visit to Harrah's and Lake Tahoe

We first stayed at Harrah's in Lake Tahoe in March of 2004. We would have loved to have had a room facing the lake but never the less our stay was nothing short of great.
The atmosphere of Lake Tahoe coupled with Harrah's was an experience which prompted us to return this year.

Winter Wonderland

by TripAdvisor Member coach1228

Lot's of snow and wonderful views, We stayed here from Jan 9 to Jan 12, 2005. The room was very clean and had lots of room to move around. (King Room) Front desk personal were very courteous and helpfull. Maids on the 12th floor were very friendly.
Forrest buffet was great with more wonderful views. The only downfall during our stay was the annoying people by the elevators, trying to get you to go to a time share presentation at Bill's Casino. Other then that,,,, no complaints.

Counting the days to return to Harrah's in Tahoe

by TripAdvisor Member ClassEClown

Having never been to Tahoe, I wasn't sure what to expect either from the local ski resorts or the hotel. I knew , "Harrah's", had been there a while, so I figured, if I don't expect much, I won't be disappointed. From the well-narrated limo ride sent by the hotel, to the great people in VIP guest services, we were thoroughly pleased..and it just kept getting better.
The suites are tastefully decorated, from the marble foyer, to the huge garden, whirlpool tub. The french doors offer perfect privacy seperating the second full bath/living area from those that like to sleep in. (The beamed ceilings done in cherry wood in the l/r are pretty easy on the eyes too.
I can't say enough about the skiing at Heavenly, (a view that brings a tear to your eye), but highly recommend you take a trip to Sierra-at-Tahoe as well..especially if you're not into daredevil black diamonds, and enjoy long wide blue and green trails.
The overwhelming aspec of Tahoe I found most intrigueing is the friendliness and amount of assistance offered to you from everyone you run into. The entire town is the epitome of professionalism, starting with Harrah's.
As for food, the breakfast buffet on the 18th floor is to die for, and you can find anything from, "Hard Rock", (Harvey's), fare to delicious surf /n turf at the steakhouse. (Ron brought me my filet mignon, AND an ice bag for the trap muscle I hyperflexed that day.) Though, special mention has to be made for the, " Roadhouse Bar and Grill", next door. Best fries, best food, best service for grabbing a quick bite. The underground tunnel to, "Harvey's", is perfect for those chilly nights where you just want a change of scenery, without going out. Didn't make it to, "Cabo Wabo's", but it looked like a great place to get Mexican food.
The only down side to, "Harrah's", was the sound my nails made as my boyfriend dragged me out the door. We truly can't wait to return!

I expected Excellent and it delivered

by TripAdvisor Member veets

This is an excellent hotel. I know of the Harrah's brand so I came in expecting the best.......and I got it.

Go to Harrahs web site, every thing it says it has is true. Book it. You will be happy.

One minor annoyance.....no coffee maker in room.

As far as casino's go......If youve been to Atlantic City,Harrahs casino is small.If youve been to Vagas ........the casino's tiny tiny.

I would come back.

Everything we wanted

After reading the excellent reviews of Harrah's on Trip Advisor, we booked the first two days of our honeymoon there, and loved it. Everyone, from the front desk workers, to the waitstaff in the restaraunts, to the valets, was friendly and accommodating. Our room was clean, spacious and comfortable. We even won at the slots! I would absolutely recommend the hot rock massage at Reflections spa. It was one of the best spa experiences I had (and I've had a few). Overall, I would tell everyone to stay at Harrah's when travelling to Tahoe.

Will come back!

by TripAdvisor Member kidsmom54

Just returned from Tahoe with a one nite stay at Harrahs - which I wish had been longer. We were on the 7th floor and could see lake and mountains - just dont look down at the parking garage! We were close to elevators but the constant hum from them actually helped me sleep and that was the only noise we heard from hall. Many places to eat but needed reservations - August very busy!! The breakfast buffet on 18 floor was wonderful and staff very friendly as were the staff at Fats downstairs. My young niece loved the tv's in the bathroom - the double baths and privacy doors really are a nice treat when not in a suite. We went on the Dixie Queen and enjoyed the tour and the small beach there was a great place to people watch. We really enjoyed this trip and would definately come back but would try Harveys instead because it sits in front of Harrahs on the lake side!

Nice ,but no hot water in shower!

I liked this hotel but douring my 3 day stay there was no hot water!
Nice location!

Not the best

tv in bathroom.

View from StatelineView from Stateline

The view .....The view .....

Beautiful lobby .....Beautiful lobby .....

Comments