18 Highway 50, P.O. Box 128, Stateline, Nevada, 89449, United States

Harveys Lake Tahoe
Booking.com Expedia.com Tingo.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Gambling still rules here!

We have not stayed, but wanted to show you want it looked like from the street. We walked in and it is your typical gambling place. I would checkout Trip Advisor to see if you want to check it out. I am sure if you can get a room that overlooks the lake you won't be disappointed with the view, the hotel, I am not sure.

Unique Quality: Trip Advisor

More about Harvey's Lake Tahoe

Good experience overall

by TripAdvisor Member Dustinmc24

Harvey's is a nice casino in Lake Tahoe and is part of the Harrah's chain. We got the ski package which included 6 ski lift tickets (to four different ski resorts) and a $75 dining credit and 20% ski rental. Check in was painless and quick. Didn't wait too long. The ski lodges busses come by every 10-15 minutes to Heavenly. Unlike Harrah's and Caesar's the bus stop is covered and inside letting you wait inside where it is warm. The ski package is a great deal if they give you the upgraded room.

Upon booking our ski package for Monday-Friday we were offered a premium room in the Lake Tahoe tower. The rooms are nice size with a table and two chairs and a window in a triangle shaped window allowing a better view. A note for you to remember is that standing out in the window it is possible for others to see you, so don't stand out with the window open if you aren't dressed. The climate controls work nice and our king sized bed was comfortable. The bathroom has two sinks and the toilet is seperate with a door on it. This is nice because it allows you to get ready quicker. I wish the tub was wider, really hard to fit two normal size people in it. The shower is nice and has plenty of hot water and good water pressure. They give you oatmeal soap for bathing which was a nice touch. Better than my normal soap. There is plenty of marble and it is kept very clean. Other reviewers have mentioned the lack of coffee makers and I really agree strongly with thier opinion. I think they should put the coffee makers since most people like to drink coffee first thing in the morning and don't like to have to pay $4 for coffee. Can't Harvey's offer one thing for free? I got around this by going to the small deli across from the Heavenly Ski Shop and paid $1.75 for a good sized coffee. Actually this is the best place to get a quick bite for breakfast, as ordering $12 breakfast ends up costing close to $20 after all the fees and tips. At the deli you can get a bagel and coffee for $4. There is also a Starbucks on the lobby level, too (they do not accept gift cards however).

The casino is very smoky as is to be expected in casinos. They have a large variety of slots and a few tables. During the day there is a $5 craps table and blackjack that go up to $10-25 during the nights. They even have 1 cent slots. As far as food goes, it is a mixed bag. The Pacifica Buffet is very good but highly expensive at $30 a person. American River Cafe has bad service, 30 minute wait even though half of the tables were empty. I would have liked to try the Sage Room but didn't have time. I was very fortunate to have the $75 dining credit in my package as meals are very expensive.

I would have given them an excellent if they had a coffeemaker in the room and if the hot tub at Harvey's didn't close so early (it closes at 8pm). Overall this is a nice place to stay and I hope they keep their ski package because it is a good deal.

Below Average Hotel/Great Location not 4 diamonds

by TripAdvisor Member UsaTravelinman

I enjoyed my trip to the south lake tahoe area. I did not like being lied too by the hotel staff. Upon booking my trip I was told that the first night of three that we would have to stay in the older tower. But after that first night I would be upgraded free of charge to the newer/nicer tower. At check-in, I asked about the free upgrade again. I was told to call down the next afternoon, and if any rooms were available they would move me free of charge. I did what they said, and when I called I was told that there were rooms availalble, but there would be a extra fee on $20 to $40 per night for the upgrade. This upset me very much. I talked to the front desk in person, and they told me the same story about the extra charges, and also that I was never told about a free upgrade.I was also not happy about the service that I recieved. We called down to request extra towels, and they said they would bring some immediately to our room. We waited for 2 hours, and the towels never showed up. The room was just an average room. The bathroom was very nice, but the bed/ furnishing were over-used and out of date. I will not be staying at the Harvey's at lake tahoe again. After talking to others at the casino, I think Harrahs is well worth the extra cost.

A Very Relaxed Casino Hotel

Let's face it, you go to a casino hotel to gamble, dine, and generally have fun, right? It's a drag when the vibe of the joint is rude and has an air of desperation. That's why we loved Harvey's so much. It was so warm and inviting, we hated to leave. The staff, the other guests, everyone was smiling.

The parking valet staff was great, and the front desk was awesome. We found the layout of the hotel and casino easy to navigate, which is always a big plus in my book. Every single staff member we met had a warm greeting and a smile for us. We found the seafood buffet just ok, but the Hard Rock had just the right mix of music and a reasonably priced menu of great food.

The room was really nice. Since it was April, there wasn't a huge crowd. We got a wonderful Premium room dirt-cheap. Great view of Lake Tahoe. The honor bar was a nice touch, and not _terribly_ expensive. I could have made a screwdriver for about 9 bucks. And it was a nice change not to have to wait at a table for a half hour to squeeze in somewhere. They kept a reasonable amount of tables open, even though the casino was a little under half full.

By all means, stay at Harvey’s Lake Tahoe!

Not 4 stars

by TripAdvisor Member acw2632

Harveys was not a four star hotel. They seemed to be understaffed. We requested non-smoking rooms well in advance. When we arrived they tried to give us smoking rooms. We were able to resolve that issue but it just wasn't great place. The entire hotel smelled of smoke.

Hotdeal Value

by TripAdvisor Member SummerTraveler2006

We stayed at Harvey's on June 29,30. I found Hotdeal rates on their website and decided to book for a quick getaway. For $49 on the 29th and $39 for the 30th, good value.

We asked for a room as high up as possible and was offered a room on the 11th floor next to the elevator or a room on the 7th floor away from the elevator. We chose the latter--the desk clerk also agreed that was the better choice. He was very fast and friendly.

Swimming pool area was clean and not crowded when we went at 7:30 pm. The staff there was also very friendly.

We ate dinner at the seafood buffet on the casino floor. It offered a large variety of seafood prepared many different ways. Well worth the $29.99 per person price. Fresh sushi! Desserts were excellent! Service was good.

Only thing missing was a coffeemaker in the room. It would have made my stay perfect if Harvey's had coffeemakers in the rooms.

poor service

If you like service this might not be the place to stay. I wanted to go to the beach nearby but we did not have any passes. You would think all you had to do is show your hotel key to get in? No information was provided to us as to were to get our passes. I tried calling the operator to find out about the beach shuttle they have and no one could tell me the time schedule for it. I left a message for the concierge to find out about local golfing they never returned my call. We asked for a lakeview room non-smoking and recieved a smoking room with a city view. You could only see the lake if you put your face close to the window. We ate at thier new restuarant called 19. Great food and service for dinner but poor service in the bar area.

A nice place to stay at Lake Tahoe

by TripAdvisor Member kmg9gg

We stayed here for 6 nights in July 2005 and were very pleased with the experience. Some of the cons: the entrance to the hotel is a bit dark and the lobby isn't terribly impressive. There was a HUGE line to check in when we arrived on a Sunday afternoon after traveling for 12 hours, and we were able to get a room only on the 6th (of 19) floor. There are no coffeemakers in the rooms but if you request one housekeeping will bring it to you along with coffee packets at no charge (I planned to use it to make tea and oatmeal for a light breakfast, but we ended up going to the Driftwood Cafe every day, see below).

The room was very spacious and relatively well-kept. The views aren't the greatest from anywhere - the hotel is perpendicular to the lake, so most rooms have lake views but you have to strain a bit to see it. We stayed in the Lake Tower rooms (a bit of an upgrade from the Mountain Tower, and worth it). The bathroom was huge and had a great shower and tub area.

The restaurants in Harvey's are so-so, and you might want to venture elsewhere. Cabo Wabo was okay, as was Carriage House and American River Grill - but just okay. Nineteen was pricey but better, only it had a very intentionally "trendy" vibe to it that was a little off-putting (the music, minimalist decor, waitstaff wearing all black). Ask the concierge for other recommendations, and if you get a knowledgeable concierge, they'll give you discount coupons for good local restaurants like the Driftwood Cafe (GREAT breakfast spot, a short walk from the hotel). Kalani's in Heavenly Village was pricey but EXCELLENT. While you're there, definitely take the gondola to the top of Heavenly Mountain. The hotel staff we encountered were nice, especially the valets, but the concierges sometimes seemed overwhelmed with business.

The casino was pretty good; of course lots of slot machines, but also a decent-sized poker room (with VERY loose but also sometimes very lucky players) where my husband spent some time. Harvey's as well as Harrah's also had great arcades with tons of games (though a few of the better ones were broken).

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to other visitors. Stay in the Lake Tower, get a room higher-up if you can, go elsewhere to dine, have fun in the casino and arcade, and just enjoy the lake and your vacation!

Insist on a Lake Tower room

Stayed 3 nights at the end of July and and had a great non-smoking room with a fantastic lake and mountain view on the 16th floor (see photos)through the panoramic windows. Beds were VERY comfortable and we appreciated the seperate tub and shower in the spotless and sparkling bathroom. We requested a fridge for the room and it was delivered within 20 minutes of our checking in free of charge as well as a USA Today delivered to the room door every morning of our stay. Had great meals at 19 (it had only opened a couple of weeks before) and at the Pacifica Buffet (which included everykind of seafood except for lobster) which is only open thursday through sunday. Casino was a lot of fun and quite well ventilated. We are non-smokers and didn't feel that smoke was a huge problem. We loved ALake Tahoe, had a great time and found any staff that we dealt with quite accomodating. Would we stay there again? In a New York Minute.

Love the Lake Tower..not the Mountain Tower

by TripAdvisor Member Nacn022

Let me just start off by saying that I personally love this place. It's very sentimental to me because my husband and I were married here in 1997. We stayed here many times and we also stayed in one of their suites, 1600, when we were married, 9/20/97.

However, I personally think that because we stayed in the Lake Tower 7/30/05 and then in the Mountain Tower 8/19/05-8/22/05 there are serious problems with the accomodations. The Lake Tower is far superior to the Mountain Tower. The Mountain Tower rooms are small, cramped and inferior compared to the Lake Tower. We had no mini bar, a small tv and basically no room to put our bags. If you think you will get special treatment here for signing up for Harrahs Rewards...think again!

The Lake Tower rooms have so much space and you really get spoiled so don't think you'll be happy with a Mountain Tower room. I still love Harveys but I will only stay in the Lake Tower and for the money I would rather stay at the Marriott Grand Residence or the Embassy. I hate to say it really but I just feel like they don't take care of their repeat customers. After spending $20,000 back in '97 for our wedding and numerous stays thereafter you would think they wouldn't have any trouble putting us in a Lake Tower room for last weekend but I was wrong. They put us on the 5th floor with absolutely no view and the worst room in the whole hotel.

I really still love this place but it's reputation is really tainted right now. We spent $250 per night for this room by the way. It just hurts to think about.

Comments