Red Lion

Bad (2.0 out of 5.0) 1 review
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 126 reviews
Hotels.com Expedia.com

night manager lied to me

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 23, 2009

Could not get wifi to work in my room on first day. After multiple visits from maintenance man to try to fix it, reset the server somewhere in hotel, it was finally working. Second evening, wifi works until 7 PM and then goes away.no signal. Maint. guy can;t get it working, eventually i ask for another room, manager tells me there are no other rooms available. 5 minutes later I call the reservation number, get the SAME manager and ask if they have any rooms available - he says yes, they have both Queens and double queens available. I walk to front desk and ask the manager why he lied to me. He got testy and mean and said he did not lie, but he would not move me to another room because that would be a room that he could not sell then. I said I wanted my money back - he said that he could not do that, either. In a huff, after i asked for his name and the names of the general managers, he said he would let me bring my computer to an unused room but he would bet that I would not be able to connect. After making the wrong key the first time, he finally let me into a room at the other end of the building and sure enough, I got a STRONG wifi signal. He let me move rooms. Tomorrow I ask for a reduction in my bill, too.

Nearby Red Lion

• Pets Allowed
  • Shuttle Service
  • Free High Speed Internet

Winnemucca Travel Forum

Need advice about Winnemucca, Nevada? Visit the Travel Forum for Winnemucca and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Winnemucca hotel reviews