3249 Main Street, Bethlehem, New Hampshire, 03574, United States

More about Bear Mountain Lodge

Wilderness and Romance at it's best

by TripAdvisor Member kimsim1968

We just came back from a great weekend at the lodge. Micheal and Carol were the best hosts you can ask for at a bed and breakfast.

We arrived late Friday afternoon and our room was ready and waiting. A LARGE room on the lower level with a jacuzzi suite, a patio, a huge bathroom and wonderful views of the mountains awaited us. We instantly took a deep breath and knew we were going to love the place.

We explored the lodge, which is a beautiful home that is airy and bright, then off to dinner recommended by Michael, at Rosa Flamingos. The food and service were great and worth waiting for. We loved it so much, we went back a second night!

The breakfasts at the lodge were something you would see in a food magazine. Home made scones, poached eggs, stuffed french toast, all helped you stay fueled for long and busy days.

We would highly recommend this lodge to ANYONE looking for a romantic weekend in the mountains. We are already looking at booking our next visit in the fall for leaf peeping.

Thank you Micheal and Carol, you guys were the greatest!!!

Wonderful Inn

by TripAdvisor Member GingerSanDiego_CA

The Bear Mountain Lodge is a lovely, rustic lodge located in New Hampshire's White Mountains. The hosts were the kindest, most accomodating hosts we've encountered after many years of staying at B&Bs. They made extra efforts to accomodate our dietary needs, help us with a flat tire, and book restaurant reservations for us. Our room was luxurious, large, and very clean. The lodge's location was perfect - just a short drive from the national forest. We were extremely satisfied with every aspect of our stay!

This is the place.

by TripAdvisor Member tack427

I've been going to the White Mountains 3-4 times a year since I could drive, Of all the places I've stayed in those 12 years Bear Mtn lodge was the best. You wont find a cleaner, nicer place around. The Inn-keepers Michael & Carol we're very friendly and helpful too, Something you don't find too often these days. Once stepping into the lodge and looking out the huge glass windows you will amazed, The view is unbelievable and the lodge is something else too. You won't find another place like it around. I chose Bear Mtn Lodge after reading reviews of some of the other local places and was not impressed with them. I will be staying there again.

What a beautiful place.

by TripAdvisor Member mistyiv

We stayed at Bear Mountain Lodge for one night this past weekend. What a beautiful place, a rustic log cabin with a huge deck and beautiful mountain views. We stayed in the cowboy room with a beautiful king size bed that was so comfortable and a nice bathroom with beautiful slate floors and a steam shower. Mike the owner was extremely helpful in suggesting places for dinner and was always available if we needed anything. They had a small refridgerator that was stocked with soda,water , beer and wine that you could help yourself to as well as cookies and tea. Breakfast was also great, blueberry scones and eggs florentine. We had a great little getaway, I wish we could have stayed longer. If you are looking for peace and quiet this is the place.

Can't wait to come back!!!

by TripAdvisor Member SouthernNHTweety

My husband John and I stayed at Mike & Carol's B&B for our honeymoon from May 13-May 17,2007. I was awed by the love,hardwork and detail that went into building such a place like this. We were treated like royalty when Mike saw us out as we departed for the day's adventure & then when we returned each evening and Mike greeted us at the door. He normally serves an early breakfast but when we weren't able to get up on time for our first breakfast there,he still had a warm breakfast waiting for us and moved our breakfast time to 9am for the remainer of our stay, so that we could sleep later.Honestly-the breakfasts were better than you can find at any restaraunt because they are all homemade with the love and detail that go into preparing such an extravagant breakfast each morning.We were always served a two-course breakfast that was the appropriate temperature. He always inquired as to whether there was anything he could do to make our stay better. He offered us ideas on where to take day trips and recommended restaraunts for us to eat at (Rosa Flamingos is the best!!!-and located only minutes from the B&B.) He gave us directions to any destination we wanted to go to and he had so much information on many of them in the area. Michael took so much time to know and understand what kind of people John and I are. It was so easy to carry a conversation with him and he always had a great story to tell. He's very animated in the way he tells a story-my cheeks would hurt everyday from smiling and laughing so much. We didn't see Carol much because she worked alot but she did sit down and chat with us for quite a while on the moning we departed for home. And I am so glad she took that time from her busy schedule.Carol is such a lovely woman who's really in touch with what her guests want and need-and she far surpassed all expectations that I had. I truly can not say enough about our stay with Michael and Carol. I look forward to staying with them again in the future. By the way-we stayed in the Wild Turkey suite and it is by far the best room!!

A relaxing stay with mountainview

by TripAdvisor Member grojo

We stayed for two nights in the Bear Mountain Lodge. This was too short! The reception was very welcoming and friendly, with eye for details.
The facilities (room, public spaces) are of an outstanding quality and very personal styled. The surroundings of the lodge, starting with a beautiful garden, invites for a relaxing stay.
The breakfast was very original and tasteful.

A big recommendation for the lodge and the friendly owners.

The Great getaway

by TripAdvisor Member cdubay90

The weather was terrible but the Michael & Carol warmed the visit with thier great personalities and friendly atomsphere. The house is wonderful and is breath taking. The food was great and they are willing to feed you until you are full. Michael & Carol will help with all your vacation needs or leave you alone if you wish for a little privacy. I would recommend this to anyone and wish I could of stayed longer. If you like nature and log cabins then this is the best place to stay.

could have been better

by TripAdvisor Member Jso70

I just stayed at this inn with my wife and it was pretty nice but I thought it could have been better. The breakfast wasnt bad but it was a little dry. I think next time I will try somewhere else, it would have been nice if they had a restaraunt on site.

Bear Mountain Lodge review

by TripAdvisor Member Biker7

This was our first time at the Bear Mountain Lodge. My husband and I stayed for 5 nights. Mike met us at the front door and was so friendly to us the entire stay.The Log Cabin lodge was very comfortable and clean. The great room was very inviting and relaxing.The outside deck was our favorite spot to listen to birds and see wildlife. The mountain view from the deck was outstanding.Our room was very comfortable we stayed at Moose and loved the room . Carol and Mike are outstanding hosts. The breakfasts both Carol and Mike made were fantastic. Mike was very helpful with ideas for activities in the area. The lodge is situated in a great spot for mountain climbing, bike riding or swimming in the local river.We definitely will come back again.

Just Great

by TripAdvisor Member NEtripper

We went for a two night Romantic Getaway to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We had a great time in this great inn. Breakfasts were superb, the rooms were fantastic, the steam shower was soothing. Mike and Carol were great hosts. If you like log homes, you'll love this one. And we saw a bear in the back yard. What a great time, we'll be back!

Comments