The Lodge At Bretton Woods

Family Travel
See Amenities
AmyC51's Profile Photo

Yuck!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 27, 2012

We were planning a family trip to the coast of New Hampshire and on the way home we decided to travel back through the mountains and revisit a former favorite-the Mount Washington resort! While booking it, we stumbled across the Bretton Woods Lodge which was much more affordable. Since it was owned by Omni resorts and part of the Mt. Washington properties, we figured it would be as charming as it's name implies. Well, we couldn't have been more wrong! We pulled up to a seedy, outdated motel with zero curb appeal. Unless you count the refuse, cigarette butts, and dirt lining the stairwells as "appeal". The room was no improvement. The interior matched the exterior completely. It was a drab, old throwback to the 70's with some kitschy lamps used as an attempt to mask its outdated decor. The blankets honestly looked like they were easily 30 years old. They were so bad I refused to use them, opting to get the sleeping bags out of the car to cover us. The mattress was HORRIBLE! It was cheap, thin, hard, and the springs stuck out into my back all night. It reminded me of a hideaway bed mattress. On top of that, the mattress protector and bottom sheet were ill-fitted and did not stay in place. Which resulted in my husband and I sleeping on a bare mattress most of the night, which is totally disgusting and unacceptable! The bathroom was clean but the grout was not, again in keeping with the seedy motel theme. The patio had a great view but otherwise was very depressing with it's two cheap, worn, mismatched Walmart plastic chairs. The ONLY redeeming thing about our stay was the shuttle service to the resort. I would not recommend this motel- "lodge" to anyone and I think the Omni should be ashamed to have their name associated with it.

Unique Quality: The view was nice.

Directions: Across the street from the Mt Washington Hotel

• Business Services
  • Shuttle Service
  • Free High Speed Internet

Bretton Woods Travel Forum

Need advice about Bretton Woods, New Hampshire? Visit the Travel Forum for Bretton Woods and ask our Answer Gurus.

Bretton Woods Travel Guide