Mt Madison Motel

Booking.com Expedia.com

Tags

Photography National/State Park Business Travel
See Amenities

A comfortable stay for a bad occassion

by written on December 17, 2009

My family had to go to the Berlin NH area to attend a funeral. We chose the Mt. Madison Motel for it's easy access to the main road to Berlin.
The suite we had was perfect for my wife and children and I. Other members of my family said they were satisfied with their rooms also. We found the employees very helpfull and very kind in understanding our situation. The motel owner even sent flowers to our rooms. We thought this was the nicest thing and never expected any thing like that.
A very warm THANK YOU to the owner and staff of the Mt. Madison.

Unique Quality: The entire area around the motel is very scenic. Many mountains.
There is a large swimming pool, although it was late in the season and we did not use it.
The grounds surrounding the motel were very well kept and there were alot of flowers.

What a blast!

by written on December 2, 2009

Wife & I stayed here for a weekend in October. We were combining a leaf peeping weekend with an ATV trip. Room was clean, staff was great, and the scenery around here is amazing.
We booked a guided 4-wheeler trip through the motel staff. Turns out our guide was the motel owner, Ron, and one of his friends.
What a blast!!! The trails were loads of fun, the scenery was incredible, and the food was fantastic. (our guded trip included a trailside meal cooked on a grill carried by one of the guides). These guys use a side-by-side to carry coolers, a grill, and other equipment. They knew the trails well, and took us to several high overlooks for spectacular views of the mountains & ponds. You really need to see these in October when the foliage is full!
All I can say is WOW! You have to try this.
We'll go back again next year!

Unique Quality: Proximity to fantastic scenic views.
ATV tour was amazing.
Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Directions: Right at the intersection of Route 16 and Route ?????
It's in a nice little town with loads of small restuarants and gift shops.

A great place to stay

by written on November 16, 2009

I spent a week here while my home was having some renovations.
The staff was friendly, the room was comfortable and clean, and they let me keep my dog here for the week. I also liked having the pool right across from my room. It was great for morning swims.
I don't understand the bad reviews, I found the place to be just right. It was easy for me to walk to several small restaurants, a convienience store, and a couple of pubs.
I live about 20 miles away and will probably never have a need to stay here again. But, when I travel, I hope to find another place like the Mt Madison.
I would recommend this place to anyone, family, business, or otherwise!

Unique Quality: Great pool.
Nice mountain views.
Walk to services.

Directions: Intersection of 2 major roads.
Edge of downtown area in a small town.

Nearby Mt Madison Motel

• Shuttle Service
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites

Gorham Travel Forum

Need advice about Gorham, New Hampshire? Visit the Travel Forum for Gorham and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Gorham hotel reviews