Covered Bridge River View Lodge

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data
  • Warning: STAY AWAY

No matter what you think about the price and location of this motel, please read these reviews and the reviews on other websites (priceline/booking dot com, facebook, yahoo, google, yelp -- including filtered reviews) and **do not** stay here. The motel does not look like it does on their website, it hasn't been updated in years (and the smell can't be conveyed over the internet). The worst part about this place, however, is the proprietors' daughter. When I dared question my rate (because my reservation was "lost" so we did not get the room I had originally booked), she became an out-of-control, hostile bully. I asked a question, and she escalated further, throwing a "Removal of Guests" policy in my face (referring to numerous precedent cases their lawyer cites on their behalf) and threatened to call the police. It was truly shocking how irrational and appallingly disrespectful she was. Legally, if the owners want to make you leave for ANY reason, you have no choice. Furthermore, if the owners want to put their hands on you to force you to leave - which did not happen to me, but has happened to others, and there are court documents online describing this; search "Priscilla Protasowicki appeal" to see for yourself - they, under law, may. If the police are called (which they *often* are) even if they agree with you, they have to make you leave as well. As it turns out, just about anyone can open a motel…. there are no standards for customer service or common courtesy. While the owners (her parents) were pleasant toward me (even apologizing to me for her behavior), they passively accept her abusive treatment of guests... they did nothing but watch while she screamed at me for no reason. In addition, she sent me an equally irrational message via Facebook after I returned home. If you're like me, you'll read these reviews and initially you'll think, "I'm a nice, normal person, I don't make trouble… how bad can it be, I’m sure everything will be fine." Please listen to your gut and find a cleaner, safer place for your family's vacation. I wish I had.

• Absolutely TERRIBLE

We waited over 45 minutes to check in (and it wasn't because they were busy). Upon finally being helped, we were informed that despite having made the reservation with a credit card online, we could only pay in cash. We were sent 4 or 5 miles down the road to an ATM to take out money for our stay. The very rude clerk didn't even offer an apology for our inconvenience. When we finally got into our room, the heat was off. The temperature outside was -3 and our room was no warmer. It was as if they weren't expecting guests, despite our reservation. Even after we cranked the heat, the room never got warm. The woman at the desk made it clear she didn't want to be bothered with helping us, and that included giving us our ski passes that were supposed to be included in the room. And after all that, they still charged my credit card. When I called to dispute it, the woman seemed completely put out to have to help me. Worst experience at a hotel I've ever had.

DO NOT STAY HERE

Unique Quality: The view of the Rover is gorgeous, but not worth it!!

Comments