Inn at Ellis River Jackson

17 Harriman Road, PO Box 656, Jackson, New Hampshire, 03846, United States

More about Inn at Ellis River Jackson

So quaint and so homey!

by TripAdvisor Member Jeneraltang

This was my first time staying in a B&B, and I just loved it! I stayed with my boyfriend, and there was only one other couple there, so itwas like having the place to ourselves! Every corner of the place was decorated for the holidays (they had 7 differently decorated trees). I also loved the breakfast and evening snack, and all the tea/coffee options that are out all day. The website was also very helpful with details directions on how to find the place, and itenirary of what to see/do. It was too bad there was no snow at all, but just staying around the inn was still fun and relaxing. I only wish I had brought my bathing suit to take advantage of their indoor hot tub!

what a wonderful romantic inn!

by TripAdvisor Member NHfan

If you are looking for a nice, romantic getaway, this is the place to go! The innkeepers are terrific and make you feel right at home. They are so accommodating, and will go out of their way to help their guests with anything! The food is top-notch, and the inn itself is adorably decorated. The afternoon snack and all-day tea and coffee are great touches, as are the games, the bar and the indoor hot tub. I haven't been able to stop raving about this place since we stayed here! It is the perfect spot for a special occasion (my Fiance and I got engaged here!)

A real gem in Jackson, New Hampshire

by TripAdvisor Member southernsnowgirl

We had a wonderful stay at the Inn at Ellis River. The inn is beautiful. The breakfasts were delicious and ample, enough to keep you going during a day of x-country skiing. The inn keepers were really helpful with recommendations and getting us reservations for dinner. The attention to detail was really impressive, every little touch of comfort was seen to. Lynn's fresh baked afternoon cookies were really a treat and we enjoyed afternoon cocktails in the pub with Frank bartending. Christine was really helpful and friendly too. We hope to return someday, I would recommend this inn as a really comfortable, beautiful place to stay with friendly, helpful innkeepers. We loved it!

Romantic, Relaxing and Reasonable

by TripAdvisor Member BigBassMamma

Hubby and I needed a well deserved weekend away to relax and get back to "us". We found the Inn at Ellis River to be WONDERFUL. We stayed in the Pearl Cascade room and it was GORGEOUS! The jacucci tub was big enough for both of us to soak and watch the fire in the fireplace. The bed had the nicest sheets I've ever slept on and attention to detail was amazing! The room was clean....beyond clean and the veiw with the sound of the river was enchanting. I wanted to move in, but Hubby said the kids would miss me too much...LOL
We will definately be back when life gets a little overwhelming and we need a break.
Thanks everyone at the Inn for making our stay so nice!

by TripAdvisor Member SacoMe

My husband & I have been coming here every year for the past 7 or 8 years - always had a very good stay. Breakfasts are delicious & the hospitality delightful. All rooms are comfortable & spotless. Elaine from Saco

by TripAdvisor Member mariahb22

I stayed at the Inn for MS Week in Jackson.

My sister and I had an amazing stay! It was so relaxing. The innkeepers were friendly and always offfering advise for things to do.

One of the best parts of the stay was waking up for breakfast. Smelling bacon in the bedroom was great and reminded me of home.

This is a definite stop for anyone looking for a relaxing and cozy place to stay.

-Mariah

by TripAdvisor Member naomi127

We recently stayed at the Inn at Ellis River for our 25th Anniversary, from May 20 to May 28, 2007. We stayed for a week, and we planned some hiking in the local White Mountains. The Inn is lovely. It is old, and if you are expecting the Hyatt, you will not like it. However, if your expectations include wonderful hospitality, good food, and a relaxing atmosphere, then they will be met at the Inn at Ellis River. Lynn, Frank, Christine, and Ginger the Corgi are excellent hosts. We felt at home right away. The room was spacious, we stayed in the Paradise Falls Room. There was a large bedroom, with a fire place, a sitting room that opened onto a deck, and a bathroom with a two person jacuzzi tub and waterfall shower. There is a hot tub available, but we did not take advantage of it. They had just opened the pool for Memorial Day and we didn't get to try that either, as it was still cool. Breakfast is included in the cost of the room, and it consists of a sweet treat of bread and cereal of one's choosing. And there is a choice of two hot entrees which are well prepared and always delicious!! There is a small bar, as well, at the Inn open in the evenings, where one can enjoy a quiet drink and a game of pool or a challenging game of darts. I would recommend this Inn to anyone looking for a B&B style experience. The calming sound of the river behind the inn is an added bonus!

A very nice place to stay in New Hampshire

by TripAdvisor Member sheeba77

My husband and I met some friends for Memorial Day Weekend at The Inn at Ellis River. It was a very nice B&B with the owners Frank and Lynn being two of the nicest people you would ever want to meet. Christine who works there was also awesome! This was the first time we had ever been to New Hampshire and wanted to be in an area where we could do some walking. The town of Jackson is walking distance with the beautiful covered bridge that you can walk through and quaint stores. We also enjoyed our closeness to Conway which had a lot of nice stores as well. The B&B itself was very cozy. As the other review mentioned it was nice to have the bar at night and the pool table. I don't remember the name of our room but it was right by the pool which was great. My husband and I are smokers and we sat right outside the room and were able to smoke. The pool looked lovely but it was a little cold as yet so we did not experience it. There was an indoor jacuzzi which our friends used and a beautiful gazebo in the back. The backyard leads down to a beautiful river which sounds incredible. We were there for the Quaker race which was totally awesome. I would not mind going back next year it was great! And we even saw a MOOSE!!!! We would definitely stay here again!!

A Truly Wonderful Wedding Weekend!

by TripAdvisor Member 777Bride

Inn at Ellis River is truly a gem in the White Mountains. The property is beautiful inside and out, and immaculately kept, but the true treasures are the Innkeepers. Lyn and Frank helped us plan our wedding "long-distance" and enabled us to make our dream a reality, even finding our favorite cheeses and making our favorite hors d'ouevres for the reception! (I think if they could have held off the rain on Saturday, they would! As it turns out, we moved the ceremony inside by a candlelit fireplace, and it was wonderfully romantic -- possibly even better than the planned gazebo overlooking the river!) Our closest family members joined us for the ceremony and reception at the Inn, and all have told us how truly impressed they were by the gracious hospitality of the staff and the easy elegance of the event. Lyn, Frank, and Christine were truly wonderful, and made us feel like we were the only guests at the Inn during the busy 4th of July week and weekend! The amenities at the Inn at Ellis River are simply superb. The rooms are beautiful, luxurious, and comfortable, and the service is amazing! The breakfasts are consistently outstanding (I don't know how they make that bacon)! The picnic lunch option is also delicious, and a must even for non-hikers! The pub room is fun, and the puzzles by the piano are endlessly entertaining. Lyn, Frank, and Christine took painstaking care of each and every detail during our wedding and stay, and we had a truly wonderful time because of their time and attention. We are planning to spend our first anniversary back at the Inn, and cannot wait to return! The trip from Long Island will be well worth it. We most highly recommend Inn at Ellis River!

Fantastic break from it all!

by TripAdvisor Member wendy786

My husband and I just spent a wonderful and relaxing weekend at this inn. We have three young children (3, 1 and 1) and have not been away on our own since before I became pregnant with our twins. When my sister offered to watch the kids for a weekend we jumped at the chance for a break and quickly searched the web for a romantic New England Inn. The Inn at Ellis River popped up and based on the website description of the rooms we decided to book it. I am so glad we did! We stayed in Pearl Cascade, a truly beautiful room with two sided gas fire and a jacuzzi tub overlooking the river. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the sounds of the river were just the perfect way to be lulled to sleep. The staff was incredibly kind and helpful, they gave us great recomendations for things to do and were really just lovely all around. My husband and Frank even did a crossword puzzle together one night while I worked on one of their incredibly challenging puzzles in the next room! The food was fantastic, Lynn is a magician in the kitchen. My only complaint would truly be that we had to leave after such a short stay. We are already planning our next trip!

Wendy

P.S. For summer guests we hiked up to the top of Jackson Falls and wadded in the pools. The water was cold but the day was hot, so it was perfect. Also, the Thompson House Eatery is wonderful and an easy walk from the Inn. We did not get into our car until it was time to depart...perfect! Fianlly, no children under 12 are allowed, which suited us!

Comments