Colony House

104 West Street, Keene, New Hampshire, 3431, United States

More about Keene

Me trying so hard no to kick myself in the headMe trying so hard no to kick myself in the head

sleepysleepy

Sarah, Cat, MollySarah, Cat, Molly

Tower of Jack O LanternsTower of Jack O Lanterns

Travel Tips for Keene

If you are polite to the local...

by ranting

If you are polite to the local law enforcement, they will let you go on your way - as long as it is out of their way. My nitemare in New Hampshire ended with me catching my date in the act of....well it was pretty vulgar to see - and so I packed quickly to just leave. I was driving my car, threw my bags into the trunk where I happened upon the dates things - a CD collection worth about $500, really nice clothes, etc. Well, quite frankly I wasn't hauling it all back home with me - so I threw it all in the street, in the snow, making sure I cracked every CD as I tossed. And then the police came - some report of a crazed woman tossing garbage in the street. Here is where the politeness comes in - I simply explained that the items in the street didn't belong to me , that the owner could fetch them when he got his pants on and that I was leaving New Hampshire - never to return; the police very kindly wished me a safe trip home.

Keene

by sarahandgareth

When we first began exploring, Keene seemed a little nondescript. However, we quickly discovered that with a college population and several sizeable professional companies, it supports a lively arts scene, and plenty of unexpected stores.

The downtown has a couple of great cafes, a cool music store, all kinds of crafts, and some excellent dining. On top of that, there's an extensive calendar of events each year, especially in the Fall, with the Pumpkin Fest in late October the annual standout event.

At the same time, Keene is rural enough that there are outdoor activites a plenty. Depending on your interests and the season, you can hike, bike, swim, ski, or simply enjoy the foliage.

Less than 90 minutes from Boston, Keene makes a great day-trip or weekend escape. While on the other hand, there is enough to do to keep you busy for a week or more if an extended trip strikes your fancy.

Comments