Route 3 RR 1 box 99

Orbitz.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 40% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• “Uggh! Don't pay extra $ to upgrade!!

Paid extra money for a premium room overlooking the lake with queen beds. GOT room overlooking parking lot (with lake in the FAR distance) and smelly, tiny room with small beds. Went back to front desk twice and they refuse to move us!! This has never happened to us. Usually when a customer is not satified, a resort will accommodate ... NOT HERE!! Could have paid lot less money .. as didn't receive any of the promised upgrades for my dollar. DO NOT STAY HERE. BEACON HOTEL MUCH CLEANER & STAFF SO MUCH NICER. I am not a complainer .. this is the first bad review I have ever left.

Unique Quality: The uniqueness of this place is the LIES told on their webpage; the staffs UNWILLINGNESS to accommodate guests; and the BAIT & SWITCH that takes place once they have received your money.

• RUDE MANAGER. ATTEMPTED BAIT & SWITCH!

I came to the hotel to get a room for my family and 2 year old son. I asked for a suite, and negotiated a price. My wife went to see the room, which was advertised as 4 bedrooms/beds. It ended up being 2 beds and a sofa, not a significant problem, we decided we can squeeze. I finally get the paperwork, and now the guy changed the set price by about 10. I asked if there was a misunderstanding. AT THIS POINT, THE MANAGER BECOMES A TOTALLY DIFFERENT PERSON, if you can call him even a person:

1. He rips the parking tag and paper work out of my hands and crumples it up.
    2. HE tells me to leave the premises, saying "GET OUT, GET OUT" multiple times.

I leave since it does not seem that I can reason with him. I call Amex to see if he charged/put a hold. It turns out he put a hold for two nights even though I mentioned that I am staying only one. I go back inside and ask him to reverse the hold. At this point, HE THREATENS ME that he will call the police. So, since I cannot seem to reason with him to release the credit hold, I call the police myself, in order to avoid a worse altercation.

With the police present, he finally reversed one of the charges, but kept a second.

THIS HAS BEEN MY WORST EXPERIENCE IN THE WHOLE OF THE US.of A!
    MY 2 year old and my family wasted 30 mins to deal with him.

I'm happy to say that his lack of professionalism did not dent by fun as I managed to find a hotel in Lincoln NH, the Inns Season Resort, that was cheaper, cleaner, with a staff that was very helpful.

I would end this review by saying that a single person can sink a ship. In this case, the manager botched it up, by being arrogant, rude, impatient, out on a power trip to showcase his managerial might against a 2 year old and his family.

- A

Unique Quality: Can't say. I never got past front door. Please read the above review.

• INDIAN HEAD DISAPPOINTMENT

We stayed with the children for a week, and have returned to this location.
    Room conditions are fair and staff is friendly.
    Many activities to keep the kids happy.
    VERY DISAPPOINTED with food and service. Indian Head boasts about the quality of the food which has been less than fair.
    Prime Rib dinner was all fat and appeared heated in a microwave with the various cold spots.
    Wait staff is slow, especially with children present, they should have brought crackers, drinks etc...much sooner without having to be asked four times.

Unique Quality: nice temps. in the pools...
    paddle boats are nice when you finally get into one! (long wait).
    Seen many dead trout in that water.

Directions: near franconia notch

More about Indian Head Resort

Lots of great hiking within...

by tlmstar

Lots of great hiking within minutes of downtown! Franconia notch is not to be missed. Hike Indian Head (trailhead on Rte. 3 right before the Indian Head resort) or the Lincoln Woods trail (up 112 past Loon on the left).

A Family Tradition

by TripAdvisor Member ShinyKaylee

My family and I have been going to the Indian Head Resort for well over twenty years. My parents went before I was born, and I continued to go with my friends after we stopped taking family vacations.

Yes, it is on the "rustic" side. Some of the bungalows smell musty, and there are spider webs all over the place outside. The carpets are worn, and the plumbing is a bit iffy in some of them. To be honest, I've never stayed in anything but the cabins, and I have loved them every single time. They have character and a certain charm that I wouldn't trade for all of the down pillows in the world.

The hot tub overlooking the mountains and the pond out back are the highlights of the Resort. The views are AMAZING.

Although I no longer live in New England, rest assured that the Indian Head will be a must-stop location next time I visit my parents.

Fun February Vacation

by TripAdvisor Member RSP392

Let me start by saying we spent our February vacation at Indian Head Resort and had a great time. Last year we did as well.

First, I have to say that the restaurant had improved since the previous year. They have a great menu and you can't beat the meal deal that you can purchase with your room. The food is not fancy but it is a great, convenient place to eat your meals without having to leave the hotel.

One big negative this year, they had very large school groups: high schoolers. The kids were polite and pretty well behaved but not so neat! The place was trashed. All the corriders to the rooms had trash all the time. Plus, it snowed so when the kids spilled soda there was dirty snow all over the outdoor corriders that lasted all week. Fortuantely it did snow before the vacation but the staff at Indian Head didn't even shovel the halls or the stairways! I know, I know it is a family resort in NH but for the price of the rooms I think they can at least afford to hire someone to clean/shovel the snow.

Also, because of the large group of older kids they did not offer the family entertainment that they did last year. On one night they had a magician but last year they had a show every night of the week since it was vacation week. They did still do a great job with Bingo and Kareoke still though.

So, I still recommend Indian Head but if you go be prepared that the place is not the cleanest!

Not too thrilled

by TripAdvisor Member happymominwaltham

When I called Indian Head I asked about Storyland as we were taking our 3 year old there for the first time. I was told that it was close by, close by meaning an hour and half ride!! I was also told that there is a lot to do in the area. Well not with someone with a 3 year old.

We spent 3 very uncomfortalble nights there the bed was uncomfortable the air conditioner didn'r work correctly and the toilet got stopped up and the best thing about the place I can say is the maintenance man was very nice and he came right away.

While the hostess at the restaurant was not very nice the waitress we had for breakfast was extremely nice although not very efficient. The waitress we had for dinner was efficient but not very friendly. They have a meal plan but kids eat free for dinner and the waitress asked us if we were on the meal plan we said no and left it at that we had to tell her we were guests of the hotel.

While the view from our blacony was breathtaking we could also see the remnants of what may have been a very fine resort once.

All in all it was a relief to get home,

Comments