Indian Head Resort

See Travelers Recommended Hotels

Tags

Hiking and Walking Family Travel Mountain Climbing
See Amenities

“Uggh! Don't pay extra $ to upgrade!!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 31, 2011

Paid extra money for a premium room overlooking the lake with queen beds. GOT room overlooking parking lot (with lake in the FAR distance) and smelly, tiny room with small beds. Went back to front desk twice and they refuse to move us!! This has never happened to us. Usually when a customer is not satified, a resort will accommodate ... NOT HERE!! Could have paid lot less money .. as didn't receive any of the promised upgrades for my dollar. DO NOT STAY HERE. BEACON HOTEL MUCH CLEANER & STAFF SO MUCH NICER. I am not a complainer .. this is the first bad review I have ever left.

Unique Quality: The uniqueness of this place is the LIES told on their webpage; the staffs UNWILLINGNESS to accommodate guests; and the BAIT & SWITCH that takes place once they have received your money.

RUDE MANAGER. ATTEMPTED BAIT & SWITCH!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 26, 2009

I came to the hotel to get a room for my family and 2 year old son. I asked for a suite, and negotiated a price. My wife went to see the room, which was advertised as 4 bedrooms/beds. It ended up being 2 beds and a sofa, not a significant problem, we decided we can squeeze. I finally get the paperwork, and now the guy changed the set price by about 10. I asked if there was a misunderstanding. AT THIS POINT, THE MANAGER BECOMES A TOTALLY DIFFERENT PERSON, if you can call him even a person:

1. He rips the parking tag and paper work out of my hands and crumples it up.
2. HE tells me to leave the premises, saying "GET OUT, GET OUT" multiple times.

I leave since it does not seem that I can reason with him. I call Amex to see if he charged/put a hold. It turns out he put a hold for two nights even though I mentioned that I am staying only one. I go back inside and ask him to reverse the hold. At this point, HE THREATENS ME that he will call the police. So, since I cannot seem to reason with him to release the credit hold, I call the police myself, in order to avoid a worse altercation.

With the police present, he finally reversed one of the charges, but kept a second.

THIS HAS BEEN MY WORST EXPERIENCE IN THE WHOLE OF THE US.of A!
MY 2 year old and my family wasted 30 mins to deal with him.

I'm happy to say that his lack of professionalism did not dent by fun as I managed to find a hotel in Lincoln NH, the Inns Season Resort, that was cheaper, cleaner, with a staff that was very helpful.

I would end this review by saying that a single person can sink a ship. In this case, the manager botched it up, by being arrogant, rude, impatient, out on a power trip to showcase his managerial might against a 2 year old and his family.

- A

Unique Quality: Can't say. I never got past front door. Please read the above review.

INDIAN HEAD DISAPPOINTMENT

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 6, 2007

We stayed with the children for a week, and have returned to this location.
Room conditions are fair and staff is friendly.
Many activities to keep the kids happy.
VERY DISAPPOINTED with food and service. Indian Head boasts about the quality of the food which has been less than fair.
Prime Rib dinner was all fat and appeared heated in a microwave with the various cold spots.
Wait staff is slow, especially with children present, they should have brought crackers, drinks etc...much sooner without having to be asked four times.

Unique Quality: nice temps. in the pools...
paddle boats are nice when you finally get into one! (long wait).
Seen many dead trout in that water.

Directions: near franconia notch

• Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Lincoln Travel Forum

Need advice about Lincoln, New Hampshire? Visit the Travel Forum for Lincoln and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Lincoln hotel reviews