US Route 3, Lincoln, New Hampshire, 03262, United States

More about Mt. Coolidge Motel

a little peice of heaven

by TripAdvisor Member HikerFamily

We have been coming to Mt. Coolidge for so many years - when our kids were little cabin 14 was a novelty - we each had our own room. Now that they are 19 and 17 - those separate rooms are welcomed by all! Cabin 14 has been our haven from the real world - for one week of the year all is forgotten except being together, catching up on some reading and experiencing some really great hiking. We all have such a soft spot for Mt. Coolidge motel and the great state of NH. We are so grateful to always find everything just as we found it the year before - well maintained and crazily clean!! New Hampshire has given us so many great memories and Mt. Coolidge has become a treasured part of who we are.

Good place to be

by TripAdvisor Member Marikkinath

I got the address of this motel from my AAA account. The trip was planned very quickly... and I was searching for a place where I can stay for 1 day.... when I called Mr. Wagner, he offered me the room at 160$..... (Since it was a Columbus day weekend).... but he actually charged only 135$. The motel is very neat and comfortable. Toilets are very clean and room is maintained very well and more over Mr.Wagner is a very good host. Since I was new to the place, he even helped me with the location details and helped me plan my trip, so that I could cover most places.

You'll like this motel for sure.

Old Fashioned Fun Mt Coolidge Motel!

by TripAdvisor Member jacksonsmummy

I just returned from a 3 night stay at the Mt Coolidge Motel in NH. If you are looking for a family friendly affordable place to stay, this is it! The owners are wonderful , the rooms spacious& clean. This is kind of place you remember from the old days. There doesn't need to be a hot tub in every room or video games in the lobby. The rustle of the river behind the motel and the sun set behind the mountains is all you need.

Best place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member Salem_N_H_Lovey

My husband and I stay here every year. We come back at least twice a year. The Wagner Family are very friendly. The rooms are the cleanness I've seen in all the places we've stayed. I would recommend you to stay here and enjoy yourself.

Cleanest Motel in NH!!!

by TripAdvisor Member brigathome

Very impressed with the 'spotless' room - Mt. Coolidge staff should be very proud of how well they maintain their rooms. I can't say I've EVER seen a motel/hotel so meticulously clean!
I've recommended this motel to some other family members with kids who asked about where they should stay when visiting the area.. I told them, hands down - MT. COOLIDGE! For the price, it is a steal! While giving my kids a bath, I was amazed there wasn't even one spec of mold or water stain in the shower, on the doors or celiing!! If they lived closer, I would hire them to clean my own house! Thanks Mt. Coolidge Motel staff - I recommend you very highly to anyone looking for a quaint, clean, friendly place to stay in the Lincoln, NH area!!!!

Mt. Coolidge Exceeded Our Expectations

by TripAdvisor Member PeppaDew

It has not been quite a month since our family returned home from our vacation through the New England States. Mom, Dad, and Nick (my brother) traveled from beautiful, sunny South Africa to enjoy a relaxing summer vacation with myself and my husband Brian.

It took us two full days to travel from WV to Lincoln, NH and upon arriving at Mt. Coolidge it made the beginning of our trip an experience we will not soon forget. We arrived quite late on the 27th of June 2008, but Dennis Wagner (the proprietor of the establishment) greeted us like it was the beginning of his day. His friendly demeanor and pleasant attitude were comforting after a long day of driving. Despite the late hour Dennis was still eager to give us any information regarding the surrounding area. We felt like we were at home almost instantaneously. Since we arrived on a Friday (and knowing that motels quickly fill up over the weekends) we confirmed with Dennis if we could extend our stay if needed - our initial reservation was for two nights. With a smile on his face and in a kind tone he said that it would not be a problem, but that we needed to left him know as soon as we made a decision. After receiving the key to the cottage that our family would be staying in, we settled in for the evening very satisfied with the motel chosen.

The following morning we really got to experience our surroundings - the immaculate grounds and accommodations, the Pemigewasset River, the nearby attractions - the setting could not have been more picture perfect. Dennis and his wife Terry keep their establishment in perfect condition. Everything is well maintained - from the lawn to the replacement of towels in the bathroom - and they both seem to work endlessly at maintaining the motel's high standard. The river that runs behind the motel was an unexpected bonus to our trip. The view from behind our cottage was picture perfect and my husband was thrilled to be able to fly fish in a new and different location. The local attractions of Woodstock, Lincoln, and other towns convinced us to extend our vacation at Mt. Coolidge for three more nights.

Dennis could not have been more accommodating in his efforts to assist us and the whole family got to experience something they really enjoy. Nick went to a theme park that hosted the wild west, Brian and I thoroughly enjoyed the zip line at Wild Cats, and Mom and Dad spent time perusing the local flavor: including book stores, antique stores, and artwork. Mom, Dad, Brian, and myself attended the Olde New England Days Brewfest and we all enjoyed the Hobo Railway which took us on a tour along the river. On the day of our departure we did the walking tour through Flume Gorge, which just added to our already fabulous experience at Mt. Coolidge.

Our rate at Mt. Coolidge was $150 (for five) per night, but upon settling our bill Dennis gave us a discount of $50 because we had extended our stay. This, of course just further exceeded any expectations we may have had at the beginning of our vacation.

Anyone that is planning a vacation - whether it be for a weekend or a couple of weeks - to NH I would absolutely recommend Mt. Coolidge Motel. The service far exceeds that of all the other motels and hotels we have stayed in during all of our travels through the United States and worldwide. The Wagner family deliver a standard of customer service that seems to have disappeared over generations - it is refreshing and well worth the stay.

From the Eyberg's in Vereeniging, South Africa: Eybie, Caroline, and Nicholaas and from the Oosthuizen's in Parkersburg, WV: Brian and Jane we extend our very special thanks and gratitude to Dennis and Terry Wagner at Mt. Coolidge for their always friendly, always "willing to go that extra mile" attitude in making our vacation a trip that we will never forget.

Thank you.

Mt. Coolidge is great!

by TripAdvisor Member hiker61

Owner, Mr. Wagner was welcoming and friendly. He directed us to local restaurants and we were not disappointed. The room rate was very reasonable and the accommodations were spotless. The view of the river was breathtaking and lulled us to sleep at night. We'll be back!!

Best in Lincoln!

by TripAdvisor Member TMW2986

I've stayed at just about every hotel/motel/resort in the lincoln area of New Hampshire over the past 20 years and I never enjoyed my stay better than I did at Mt. Coolidge. The rooms were spotless and super fresh and clean!! There was gorgeous scenary all around the motel and the Wagners were extremely welcoming! I can not wait to stay there again!
-Tiffany W

warm hospitality at a squeaking clean motel

by TripAdvisor Member mitzi-meow

We spent two nights at the Mt. Coolidge Motel at the end of August. The motel is one of a long line of similar establishments on the Franconia Notch's motel strip. They all look pretty much the same from far away, but as you get closer the Mt. Coolidge stands out with its manicured lawn, pristine swimming pool and well kept stream-side benches.

We had a three-room cabin for ourselves and our 3 children, a large bathroom and a screened porch. The place is immaculate.

Towels soft and fluffy. A small fridge in the room. The bubbling creek in the back made it romantic despite the strip.

There is a sticker on the toilets: water conservation, limit paper use. Unfortunately, at 2am, one of us forgot. Faced with a plumbing emergency in the early hours of the morning, I set out to search for a plunger. To my surprise, the owner saw me prowling the grounds and came to my help with a ready smile and solved the problem. I don't know any other motels (or hotels, for that matter) where the owners care enough to leave a warm bed without being called, just to make sure a guest is not in trouble.

The Wagner family takes pride in its experience and service and rightly so.

We'll be back.

Clean good value stay

by TripAdvisor Member JJ503

There are many motels in the Lincoln area, and we just decided to stop at the Mount Coolidge Motel without prior research. We liked the fact that the property is smoke-free. We were very pleasantly surprised as the room was very clean and in very good condition. It was obvious that the owners do a very good job of maintaining the property. While the motel is located along a mountain stream (as decribed in the AAA tourbook), you really don't get a view from your room (at least, from the room we were in) except from the small bathroom window. But, you can enjoy the stream from chairs set out along the stream in a couple of spots. The owner is very friendly and helpful, and made us feel very welcomed at the motel. Note that the rooms do not have microwaves or fridges, but there's a microwave available for guests and there's an ice machine.

Comments