Comfort Inn Manchester

Comfort Inn Manchester Airport
Booking.com Orbitz.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Manchester

FRANKLIN PIERCE UNIVERSITY IN ONE OF THE BUILDINGSFRANKLIN PIERCE UNIVERSITY IN ONE OF THE BUILDINGS

WELCOME TO THE AIRPORT DINERWELCOME TO THE AIRPORT DINER

hold on tight!hold on tight!

Pleasant St.Pleasant St.

Need info. for Manchester, NH

by chrisfleck

HI! My name is Christine and I wanted to take my best friend only for 2 days somewhere close to home (Edgewood, Md.) for her bday. I saw that airfare is very cheap to Manchester, Providence and Albany. Someone told me that Manchester is the way to go. I know nothing about New England. My friend always likes to go out to clubs and stuff like that.....I'm more of a photographer and like to see nice scenery. Since we only have 2 days and it would be around the end of November or beginning of December, what will it be like and what is there to do with no rental car in downtown Manchester? Where could we stay that's nice and within walking distance of fun things to do? Thanks!!

Re: Need info. for Manchester, NH

by KirstenL4W

Not a heck of a lot to do in Manchester. There are a few clubs, but they've probably changed since I was in college. I recommend renting a car so you can take at least part of a day and get out of the city to see the scenery. Maybe it's because I grew up near there, but I don't see Manchester itself as a tourist destination. Most people fly in and out of there because they are going further north in NH or going to southern NH or northern MA and it's much much easier than flying into Boston. I've also spent a bit of time in Albany and there's not much there either unless you're heading into the country.

If I had a couple of days I'd pick Providence. There's supposed to be a giant Mr. Potato Head somewhere, if I remember correctly, and its close to the Newport mansions.

Re: Need info. for Manchester, NH

by diver-x

I agree with Kirsten. I also grew up near Manchester and lived there for a while and I don't think it would be a place that's terribly interesting for the casual tourist. Public transportation is very limited so without a car I think you'd be bored silly. I would recommend Providence since there are more public transportation opportunities there. You could also easily get to Boston by bus or train from Providence.

RE: Need info. for Manchester, NH

by gilescorey

You've picked a tough time to go to Manchester. The peak foliage is long gone and the Winter Skiing has yet to begin. I'd take Manchester over Albany, but that's not saying much ;)

Manchester is an interesting small city, but I doubt it would be enough to maintain your interest. It's best as a starting point to the White Mountains or The Monadnock Region. Providence is better for nightlife, HANDS DOWN, but if you want to tackle scenery, Manchester will be more diverse...but, it's an ugly time of year! No foliage and little snow. Don't know what to tell you...

Except, you can fly into Manchester cheap, rent a car, and hit some amazing scenery(seacoast, colonial New England, White Mountains) and then re-direct to Boston, only 55 miles South. And Portsmouth, 1.25 hrs. East is a fun spot. But, Manchester.... Cheap airfare and a central location. For Better or Worse, that's Manchester's trump card.

Have fun.

Travel Tips for Manchester

Manchester in the Fall

by biljah

Manchester is a great place to start a leef peeping journy. The locals call out of staters who come to enjoy the autum foliage " Leef Peepers"! New England is famous for it's fall scenery, and since Manchester in in southern NH, it is the last final frontier, before traveling to the scenic north country (White Mountains).

Spend a day in a postcard

by gilescorey

New Hampshire's Monadnock Region is universally considered one of New England's overlooked gems. This Southwest corner of the state is not easily accessible from New York City & Boston, and is passed over for the interstate accessed White Mountains, and Green Mountains of Vermont. However, this mountainous, lake-dotted countryside, rife with history, is easily reached via Manchester and it's airport,. Peterborough, a stately local hub, was the inspiration for Wilder's "Our Town", and Keene, the region's largest town, was the bucolic setting for the film "Jumanji". And, my favorite, picture-perfect Harrisville - the entire village is on the National Historic Register. Route 101W takes travelers on a one hour drive from Manchester to Keene. This road, though wide and direct, is heavily travelled and less than scenic. A better route is through Goffstown and New Boston(top 10 site for UFO sightings!). Wind West into Fitzwilliam and Hancock. Take your time. Spend a day. Then, return to Manchester and you feel like you've driven back into a bustling metropolis on the edge of colonial America.

Manchester New Hampshire

by biljah

"Manchester in the Winter"

I was born and raised in Manchester New Hampshire so it holds a special place in my heart. It was once boasted as the lagest textile mills in the world. Now it is NH's Biggest city but overall it is considered a mid size city. It has a typical New England feel with a small town charm. The people are freindly and warm, despite the freezing cold temperatures.

"Manchester at Night!"

The city comes alive at night. Downtown has various Bars. Pubs, and resteraunts, and the arts are present in this quant New England city ase well. The Main street called Elm Street, is usualy pretty packed for business on weekdays, and for pleasure on weeknignts and weekends. Manchester has everything a big city has, only a litte bit smaller. The city has around 250,000 people yet is one of the safest cities in America.

Comments