281 Daniel Webster Highway, Meredith, New Hampshire, 03253, United States
Booking.com AMOMA.com Priceline.com

More about Church Landing at Mill Falls

What a fantastic hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member TravellerM

We stayed at Church Landing for 3 nights in October as part of a tour of New England and we loved it.

We chose Church Landing because, unlike the other Mill Falls resorts which are located across a busy road, Church Landing is directly by the lake.

Our room wasn't enormous but it was decorated very nicely and had a flame fire in the corner, two armchairs and a table, a desk, a fridge and coffee machine. The bathroom was also very nicely decorated with old style postcards on the wallpaper. The bed was the best part of the room for me. It was obviously king size but it was that high that they had to put a stool next to the bed just so you could get into it. It was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in - you just sank into the mattress and didn't want to move! We had a balcony which directly overlooked the lake and part of the hotel - it was a lovely setting and very calming.

The reception called us about 15 minutes after checking in just to make sure that the room was to our satisfaction - which I thought was a nice touch.

The rest of the hotel didn't disappoint either - it was all decorated to a very high standard and it was obvious no expense had been spared. The pool area was very nice and we went there every day for a swim and jacuzzi. The spa also looked lovely but was a little out of our price range.

It was very popular for weddings (probably because we stayed over a weekend) and a marquee was erected the day we arrived. They decorated all the weddings with lovely autumnul colours and they also have a huge ballroom where the receptions were held. It was a lovely setting for a wedding or party.

Inn at Mill Falls resort actually is Meredith because everything in the town, from restaurants, shops and even the gas station, seem to joined to the group in some way.

You get a discount on fuel at the gas station and there was a long list of recommended restaurants and all were within walking distance of all the hotels.

We ate at a different one every night. Our two favourite meals were at Camp - which is incredibly small (I would recommend you either book or get there early for a table). This place wasn't the most romantic place I have eaten in - it is decorated in the style of an American summer camp - and being English this went a bit over my head! However, it was great value for money with excellent food and service. We also ate in the main restaurant at Church Landing - I think it was the Lakehouse. Again, I would recommend you reserve a table as there was a long waiting list when we arrived and the bar was packed so we had to wait in our room to be called. The setting was lovely though as our table overlooked the lake and the food was excellent, although our waitress was a little grumpy. The other restaurant was equally as good but I just can't remember the name of it!

We also visited the shops at Mill Falls which were really good and all contained in one building. Our favourite was the shop on the top floor which stocked the biggest collection of little black bear ornaments and had some lovely baby bear photographs (taken by a local man) (sorry, I just loved these) and the lady who served us was really nice too.

We took advantage of the continental breakfast at the hotel which was a very good selection of hot drinks, juice, fruit, yoghurts, pastries and some delicious rock cakes (scones). You could use the tray from your room to go down and then bring it back to your room. One man even came down in his pyjamas!

My only gripe is I think the staff could have been a little more friendly on reception - not that they were rude - they just didn't give you service with a smile and seemed a little annoyed that you had bothered them.

Yes, Church Landing is expensive but I felt it was worth every penny spent for making our last few days in New Hampshire so wonderful. For us, it was definately the pick of the Mills Falls bunch and we would go back again tomorrow!

very luxurious stay

by TripAdvisor Member sarsw

We chose Church Landing after reading mixed reviews about the other hotels at Mill falls, although the whole complex looks very well kept.

We chose a balcony room with jacuzzi bath and fireplace. Although this hotel does have a theme it works really well, the decor was very tasteful. There are really nice seating areas with books and games throughout the hotel and it has been designed with total relaxation in mind.
There is also a constant supply of hot drinks and a coffee machine in the room.

The indoor / outdoor pool is a great idea and we sat in the outdoor hot tub and watched the sun set over the lake. Would have liked to try the spa with more time there.

The room was extremely comfortable, the bed was huge and the jacuzzi tub was the fantastic. The grounds are really well landscaped and there are lots of areas outside to enjoy the fantastic views of the lake.

The road in Meredith is busy but there are lots of places to cross. Staying at Church Landing or Bay point is probably he best way to see the lake and avoid the traffic.

We ate a Mames for lunch which was really good and only a few minutes walk away.

We ate in Church landing at the Lakehouse grill in the evening. The food was good and it was busy so had quite a nice atmosphere.
My only complaint would be the seating. We booked our table for 7.30 and when we arrived they hadn't written it up on the board so we were given a beeper and told to wait which I thought was pretty poor, no apologies either. On being seated I asked if we could have a window seat and was told I would have to wait again. I don't think the restaurant lived up to the hotel standards of customer care.

The breakfast in the hotel the next day was good with fruit, yogurt, fresh muffins and cakes etc.

If you want a luxurious stay and to just chill out for a few days this is the place. If you want somewhere cheap, this is not, it cost around $300.00 per night ( the same as the Bellagio in Vegas which was much more 5 star!)

Would return for a special occasion, location wise this is a gorgeous spot.

A Romantic Valentine's Day Stay

by TripAdvisor Member SweetPea

My sister had given me a gift certificate to stay at the Inn at Mills Falls for Christmas. We decided to make it an anniversary/Valentine's Day celebration and stayed three nights. A blizzard hit on Valentine's Day which made it extra romantic! Our room was cozy with a gas fireplace and two person whirlpool bath. The room was nicely decorated and the big bed was incredibly comfortable - we both slept late each morning!

Church Landing has a restaurant (the Lakehouse), a spa and an indoor/outdoor pool. We dined for breakfast two mornings at the Lakehouse and it was quite good. We also had dinner there one night and it was fair. We had lunch one afternoon at the pizza place at the Inn at Mills Falls and it was outstanding! We loved the pizza and service was quick and efficient.

The view from Church Landing is lovely. The lake was frozen over and scattered with ice fishing huts. We were able to watch snowmobiles, cross country skiers and fishermen make good use of the frozen lake!

The hotel has lots of common areas to sip tea and read a good book. Each sitting area had a fireplace which only added to the atmosphere as the snow fell outside.

We enjoyed our stay at Church Landing. However, travelers should know there isn't much to do in the area during the winter - so go to relax!

Some great; Some awful; in sum, a disappointing stay

by TripAdvisor Member Kort

Stayed a few times before at the Chase House. Featured large rooms and very friendly and professional service. This time we tried the newer much more expensive Church Landing. ($300 regular rate for jacuzzi room.) The upscale fisherman's lodge theme treatment is excellent with a tree branch canopy bed, picture frames of rough wood, etc. But don't expect any help with baggage or extra amenities in room. Whirlpool is an airbath-type -- no aim or controls. We were on 3rd floor and could hear very loud walking running above. Final morning the smoke alarms kept going off. I was trying to sleep in; my wife was trying to take a bath. No call or announcement. I called and then finally got dressed and went down to the desk before they agreed to quit 'testing' the system. A real lack of management control and attention overall. Ad hoc business meetings in the shared areas, etc. Seems to be geared toward business groups and weddings. For a couple or family, at $300 a night consider the nice Jackson area hotels or rent a condo/house by Winni.

A Pleasant Night's Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Viking47

Our April stay at Church Landing was above average; room was nice and well appointed. Hotel was quiet (which we enjoyed) and the staff was friendly. This lodging offers a "hybrid" pool which, although small, is both indoor and outdoor. Many interesting artifacts are posted in and around the hotel. A quick stop at the lounge proved to an eye-opener as there were a large number of barflies hanging around. It was fairly wild for a weekday night. Overall rating for our stay: B+

Very nice

Stayed at the Inn and Spa at Mill Falls one night, June 26th, 2007. It started with wow and went up from there. The desk clerk was fantastic, and the room was immaculate. I had a room in the Church Landing, and it was spacious, clean, and perfect. It had an enormous bathroom, king size bed, gas fireplace, balcony overlooking the lake, a sitting area, and very nice décor.
The room was quiet, clean, and well thought out. Even the toiletries in the bathroom were nice. I can’t think of one bad thing to say. Had lunch in the LakeHouse restaurant, and all three in the group enjoyed the meal. Highly recommend the Inn and Spa at Mills Falls.

Peaceful, beautiful stay with some very annoyning promblems (such a shame)

by TripAdvisor Member estcstraveler

The reservation was messed up at first. They had us booked for one night when we wanted two. I never received my confirmation via email so I called to check and it was messed up.
When we got there, we were amazed at the room. We had a jacuzi in our room. It was like a sanutuary, so peaceful. The view of the lake sitting on the balcony was lovely. All was well and good until........someone ustairs from us had children or something running and stomping!! My heart sank. I called to complain to the front desk and they took care of it for that night. The next moring, it was back to stomping and running. There was an odor coming from the fridge area, perhaps spilled milk before we got there. The maid woke me up from a mid afternoon nap to ask if I wanted my room cleaned up. For $400 a night, um yes thank you. We were out all morning and we got back in the afternoon and the room was not taken care of.
Too bad it's not perfect. I was not refuned a dime for my complaints, just an apology and please come back.

Great Stay, met expectations

by TripAdvisor Member schombo

We stayed at Church’s Landing for five nights in August. Church’s Landing is one of four properties at the Inn’s at Mills Falls. We chose it because it is directly on the lake. The room met our expectations with New Hampshire charm and cleanliness. The natural gas fireplace was great as was the views of the lake. The common areas are tastefully decorated with a camp / woods theme. Service was good including the continental breakfast. We did see a few corporate ‘off site meeting’ activities at the hotel but they did not interfere with our stay. Maid service did seem to happen at irregular times but the room was neat and clean every day. Take advantage of the classic Cris Craft boat ride with the owner, Rusty. It’s $25 per person but was worth it.

Gorgeous inn and location!

by TripAdvisor Member Joanne&Matthew

My husband and I stayed in Church Landing from Sept 3-5. We were originally booked at Bay Point, but switched to Church Landing when a week before our trip they were having a special price on the rooms. My husband was hesitant at first about changing because Bay Point is waterfront, but I convinced him it would be worth it. Oh boy was it!
Upon check-in we were given a free upgrade because we were celebrating our 1 yr wedding anniversary (when I made the reservations online, I sent a comment about our anniversary to the reservation desk). We were pleasantly surprised about the upgrade. Our booked room was 3rd floor, lakefront room with a balcony, king size bed, and fireplace. The upgrade included the same amenities but the addition of a whirlpool tub, and it was a ground level suite. We were unsure about being ground level, but when we went to look at it, we quickly changed our minds. It really was the best view! It's right on Lake Winnipesauke!
We had a patio that had rocking chairs, which we enjoyed sitting in and appreciating the scenery. There were also Adirondack chairs a few feet in front of those. Our backdoor was about 20 feet from the water. Like they say, it was a million dollar view. The bed was very comfortable, bathroom was spacious, and I can't say enough about the view!
The hotel was gorgeous too. It has an Adirondack feel, with lots of wood beams. Their is an very nice library (which we did not use) and sitting area by the front desk. We ate at the Lakehouse a few times. Twice for breakfast, and once for dinner. The inn offers a nice, free continental breakfast, but we wanted a hot breakfast. Dinner was good and the service was great. We also ate at Lagos in Bay Point which was an awesome meal. The butternut squash ravioli was incredible! We visited the Polar Caves in Franconia Notch which was a great time too. We went to Weirs Beach and did a day cruise on the M/S Washington, which I recommend. We have nothing bad to say about this place. The room was gorgeous, comfortable, with the best view. The suite was stayed in was called the Acorn room. The front desk, and waiters were pleasant. The town is beautiful! We both feel in love in Meredith and Church Landing. We look forward to our next trip there.
(BTW, my brother in-law stayed in Bay Point, which was very nice too. Awesome views, but a much smaller room than ours)

Charming NH Hotel with Cozy Lodge Feeling

by TripAdvisor Member kaseysmom

We stayed four nights in August at Church Landing. This is a hotel that has done a good job of feeling like a cozy lodge. Starting with the lobby area you get the feel of a warm, inviting lodge in the woods. The decorating details in the rooms follow through on the theme. Beds are extremely comfortable. Nice balcony with rocking chairs perfect for relaxing with a beautiful view of the Lake. I would highly recommend the spa on sight as well...I enjoyed a wonderful massage and pedicure (Lake rock something...fabulous!).

A couple of odd things while we were there...the pool is a combined indoor/outdoor pool and was a peculiar, unappealing green color. We asked the attendant about this and he assured us it was safe...I chose to pass. And on our last night, there was a large wedding where the "after party" revelers continued outside our room. We called the front desk three times and the party finally quieted down (or they ran out of energy!).

Now, this is Meredith so it's pretty busy during the summer. The road in front of the hotel is bumper to bumper for a large part of the day. It is right beside the public dock so expect quite a bit of boat and car traffic.

Summary...I would go back again but pick a quieter time (if possible!).

Comments