Radisson Nashua Hotel

11 Tara Boulevard, (formerly Sheraton Nashua Hotel), Nashua, New Hampshire, 03062, United States

Orbitz.com Priceline.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Anthony Melchiorri is needed here.....

My wife and I chose to stay at this hotel during a Club Carlson Promotion. The location was good as we were venturing into Portsmouth for the day.

From the outside the hotel looked promising with a nice exterior. The Lobby was a nice size and looked well kept. Check in was rather quick and we were given a room on the fifth floor. At first glance the room looked good with two beds (didn't have a king available), chairs, table, desk, TV, bathroom and dresser. Now comes the fun: the chairs had broken cushions that you literally sank into, the beds were uncomfortable, yes both of them. We tried both beds to see if there was a difference, nope both crap.

The bathroom was a mess. The tiles were so dirty, my wife's feet turned black from just walking into the bathroom to wash her hands. The bathtub was cracked along the seams. The air vent was full of dust and gunk. This place in in need of a visit from Anthony Melchiorri from Travel Channel's Hotel Impossible. If we didn't have evening plans we would have checked out of this place and high tailed it home. Yeah, probably won't stay here again.

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Sheraton Hotel

I spent one week at the Sheraton after bidding on Priceline and getting a $110 room for only $50. This is a nice, but old hotel with large rooms. It is located just across Route 3 from the Red Roof Inn, so offers the same features such as easy access to the Route 3A shopping areas including Pheasant Lane Mall, as well as good running routes west out Spit Brook Road. There is also a trail behind the hotel that parallels Route 3 that I jogged on a few times (maybe illegally?). This is probably the nicest hotel in Nashua, but since it is 3 miles from downtown, the location is not ideal.

More about Radisson Nashua Hotel

A Fun and Friendly Oasis

by TripAdvisor Member robinesq

The Radisson Nashua Hotel is a hidden jewel in New England. The staff is friendly, courteous and concerned at all times. The General Manager treats you like a member of the family. They make you feel that this is your "castle" away from home. The rooms are large, clean, towels are plentiful and the a/c works well. The indoor and outdoor pools are most impressive and well maintained. The gym is fully equipped and top rate. We also enjoyed our meals at the hotel. The afternoon cookies are a bonus and a treat not to be missed. We have travelled the world and this is one of our favorite places. This will be our regular mother/daughter spa vacation getaway.

Mold not a good color in a hotel

by TripAdvisor Member thegudge

Even though I had moldy ceilings and walls in my bathroom, I am not going to write that staying at the Radisson Nashua was all bad. The look of the hotel from the outside is very impressive and the beds and pillows were as comfortable as any I have ever had in a hotel (even though my bed was not a sleep number bed as advertised). The two issues were the mold and the construction going on in all of the rooms on my floor. It was bad enough for me to change hotels after 2 of 4 nights (I went to the Seaport in Boston which was amazing).

My recommendation: Stay here if you are going to Nashua, but insist that you get a remodeled room on a floor where there is no other construction going on.

Great Customer Service still exists!!!

by TripAdvisor Member JNJTodd

My sales team and I spent 3 days at the Radisson Nashua last week for our Quarterly meeting. It was our first stay at this property, but it will not be our last. We'll be back!!!

The guest rooms were spacious, comfortable and updated. The meeting space was impressive and most importantly it was quiet!

As I was checking in, the General Manager, Steve Lambert, was walking through the lobby and stopped by to welcome me to the hotel. I am big on customer service and my experience at the Radisson (from the front desk, to the house keeping staff, to the restaurant and meeting staff) was amazing. I know that the hospitality industry is known for good customer service, but I've had some bad experiences lately and I'm sure you have too.

I want to thank the folks at the Radisson for reminding me that Great Customer Service still exists.

Isolated Castle Like Setting...

by TripAdvisor Member madstal

My girlfriend and I recently got back from a trip out to the East Coast. After finding a "deal" on Travelzoo.ca for this property we read other reviews here and thought it wold be a good adventure. We are from Canada and have never been to the USA East coast. After a 600 mile journey we arrived at the Nassua Radisson. The place was quite imaculate throughout, and never found anything to be unclean. We got a reno room on the 6th floor with a King bed and found the accomodations excellent --- except it was surprising there was no bath tub in this large spacious room - only a shower. Being there for 5 days, it would have been nice to have a bathtub. The grounds are quite nice outside, but it is not the sprawling 16 acre property we imagined with trails and stuff, out front is actually a series of medical buildings on the other side of the "pond". One downfall we personally found was this hotel was not centrally located arorund many tourist attractions other than the Budweiser Brewery tour. We had to drive an hour or two each day to go do things we wanted to do.

However the Pheast Lane mall is minutes away, but no real bargains to be found like the Tilton outlets (hour & half away). Lots of restaurants and such around as well. We ate the buffet breakfast at the hotel daily as it was included in our package - it was good but by day 5 of the same thing over and over - we had out fill.

One downfall I had hoped to resolve with the hotel before posting this review was that enroute to the hotel we found a ROOMSAVER coupon book at one of the rest stops in New York. It advertised the same room w/ breakfast for $10 cheaper per night than what we had booked, and considerably cheaper than their regular rack rates. Normally $10 does not really bother me, but x 5 nights = $50 ! Upon checkin we brought this to their attention and were told this rate was for "walk ins only" - which seemed odd given none of those restrictions were quoted on the coupon. They would not honour the discount, even though we booked with a credit card weeks in advance a 5 night stay. Upon checkout we e-mailed the Radisson corporate directly for some assistance, they took over a week to get back to us, and told us the same crap esentially. I guess their LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEE on the website, doesn't mean a heck of a lot either. This was disappointing.

We would certainly recommend this hotel, assuming you have a purpose to be in Nashua, otherwise we would probably stay closer to Portsmouth of even in Maine as that was the areas that really caught our eye whie on vacation on the East Coast.

Howver do your research on this place as far as rates, as you can see we didn't get the BEST deal out there...

Decent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member BroHos

The Radisson is a fantastic looking property and it does look like a castle. It sits on a piece of property that has numerous trees, which gives the hotel a very relaxing atmosphere.

Our stay was hampered due to the fact that we reserved non-smoking rooms and due to a large number of guests (baseball tournament and 2 weddings) in the hotel, we were left with 3 rooms which showed "no smoking" on the doors but they were clearly smoking rooms. They came complete with ashtrays in the room!!

Despite being located on the first floor, the rooms were quiet and nice. The furniture in one of the rooms we had was a little "tired" looking but overall the hotel served its purpose. Jennifer at the front desk ensured that the mix up with our reservation was dealt with in a professional manner and that made the situation a little easier to handle.

Overall, the hotel seems to be on the mend from what I read in other reviews and it is a relaxing atmosphere to stay in. Would possibly return again to give them a second chance. Their professionalism in fixing our situation earned them that!!

Fabulous Renovation!

by TripAdvisor Member yoandbruce

Just returned from a visit to the Nashua Radisson. I stayed there last year, and since my last visit, they have completed significant renovations that have dramatically improved both the ambiance and the comfort of the rooms. The indoor pool/heathclub area is very impressive, with state of the art equipment and a beautiful indoor pool space with lots of windows. Our room was lovely, with new sleep number beds and down comforters. We slept like babies. Steve, the GM, was very attentive, going out of his way to make sure that our stay was comfortable and pleasant. This was particularly impressive, as there were several functions going on in the hotel at the same time, none of which we were a part of. All in all, an excellent hotel with great, attentive management!

Excellent Amenities, Extraordinary Service

by TripAdvisor Member MrSeazhen

The service I received at the Nashua Radisson from its general manager Steve Lambert and his staff will be the keystone to the fond memories I have of my stay at this fine establishment. Service was tailored to fit my needs, in particular, Steve Lambert and Diane Sickles arranged for a ride for me with another guest to the Manchester Airport at no charge. The final impression I hold for this hotel and its staff is one of utmost respect as I know they will bend over backwards to make sure their guests each feel welcome and well taken care of. I certainly do and will be sure to stay with them on my next trip to Nashua.

it was the pits

by TripAdvisor Member powderpuff337

when we arrived it seemed that they were accomodating a large group of people staying there for some sort of sporting event. it took at least 15 minutes before anyone helped me. they took mine name and told me that the reservation was not just one reservation but two. i was notified that after my 2nd evening i would have to check out and check back in the following day for a 3 day stay. i understand that there may be some problems sometimes with bookings and kindly obliged to check out sun and re-check in (my stay was fri-mon). she then told me that there were no guarantees that i would get the same room after i checked out on the 2nd day. no guarantees? what do you mean? i made reservations for a 3 night stay - ONE RESERVATION. i didnt even complain about having to go through the trouble of checking in and out but you had no guarantees that the same room would not be available? she said i could call the front desk on sat to see if i can stay in the same room. (i had called 2 times on saturday and was told that a manager would call me back. nobody EVER called me back) i received my room key after a long check in process and went to my smoking double bed room! this was exactly OPPOSITE of what i booked, a non-smoking king size bed room. i went back to reception to ask for them to change my room. the gentleman informed me that there were NO non smoking king bed rooms left. i then asked why they didnt tell me this when i booked the reservation b/c i would have looked for somewhere else to stay. after 5 minutes and repeatedly telling me that there are no rooms available the young woman that checked me in nudged the the man over and found me a room. of course i was a bit more relieved as all my 10 friends were staying at this hotel (if not i would kindly find another hotel nearby). how did she find a room that was NOT available as i was told repeatedly. anyway, i finally was able to stay in the room i had booked but on the 2nd day after i hung the "please make room" sign i returned to a NON made room that evening. i had no toiletries and no facial tissue. this place was awful except for one kind man that was on the night shift (2am) when i went to the front desk to check out to check back in on sunday morning. he was kind enough to help me so that i didnt have to remove all my belongings and check into another room. so other than being with my friends and the kind gentleman on the night shift..the long weekend at this hotel was the pits.

Good conference setting

by TripAdvisor Member laurawrph

Just returned from a two day conference at this property. At the conference rate of $109, this hotel was a good deal and a good experience. I'm not sure it would be worth the published rate of almost $200. I do wish my stay had been a few weeks later in the fall season as I think it would be a great place to stay for a sight-seeing trip to see the New England countryside and fall foliage.

My GPS did me wrong on the way to the property from the Manchester airport and I ended up taking the scenic route there (which truly was scenic but much longer and more confusing than it should have been). When I arrived, I was pleased to find a ton of free parking, a rarity where I'm from! Since the property is set on a hillside and the parking is terraced with a number of large steps connecting the levels, I can see where some travelers with mobility problems or a lot of luggage would have some difficulty. If that describes you, pull up to the front entrance under the covered drive, unload the car and then park after check-in. There are no bellhops.

The gentleman at the front desk was not exactly warm and fuzzy...in fact, I don't think he even smiled or welcomed me...but he was very efficient and I was on my way up to the sixth floor in just a couple of minutes. I was puzzled when I first entered my room as there was a wadded up (but clean looking) towel on the edge of the tub and an extra iron on the vanity outside the bath. I say extra because there was also one under the vanity in the bathroom. After looking around a little more, I decided the maid was simply interrupted as she was finishing up. The room was large, with two double beds with lots of fluffy pillows and fluffy duvets, a large desk, two reading chairs, TV and coffeemaker. There is no minibar. The room was actually very clean. The window opened a few inches for a breath of fresh air. The beds were not Sleep Number but the one I slept in was very comfortable. I did see a small piece of chewing gum stuck on the edge of one of the headboards where it met the wall. (C'mon people, cut it out!) The rooms are far from being soundproof and the women next door carried on long and loud conversations but I'm used to living in a duplex, so I didn't find it too bothersome. It could potentially be problematic though. Be careful as the water from the faucets gets very hot.

The meeting facilities were nice. Public areas and restrooms were very clean. The four meals provided by the hotel as part of the meeting were excellent. The waitstaff was very polite but did forget to serve our table of four dessert during our dinner meeting (They insisted we take it to our rooms afterwards!) Because I was in meetings, I did not experience the health club or pool, so can't comment about them. I did walk down to and around the pond each day to hang out with the ducks and geese and enjoyed relaxing and reading a book while sitting on a bench there.

On the day of departure, I woke up to find my bill slipped under my door to facilitate check-out. Video check-out is not available as I had read somewhere but the young woman at the front desk was very friendly and efficient as she helped me with express check-out which was a 30 second process. Checking in and out was my only interaction with the front desk staff, so I can't offer other comments. Overall, I was pleased with my stay.

Comments