1788 White Mountain Hwy, North Conway, New Hampshire, 03860, United States
Travelocity Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Hampton Inn & Suites North Conway

Good experience

by TripAdvisor Member colexis_mom

We stayed at the Hampton Inn, North Conway, NH after reading reviews here on Trip Advisor. We frequent Hampton Inns and since this one had a water park, wanted to try it out whlie we were in town for Storyland and Santa's Village.

The hotel is pretty new, and everything was clean/fresh. The rooms were good size, although a refrigerator would be a nice addition. They have a microwave in the downstairs breakfast area, and food/frozen dinners you can buy in the little shop next to the front desk. We had a standard room (2 queens) on the 4th floor, and didn't experience any noise issues. The elevators were quick as well.

The water park was fun for the kids, although my littlest one was too small for the big slides. It would be nice to have another pool (either indoor or out) so that you could actually "swim" as there's really no area to do that. Also the chlorine in the whirlpool was excessive, and both nights, I left with my eyes burning and tearing from it. It was nice to have towels available and not have to use our own or the room bath towels.

The breakfast selection was great as usual for Hampton Inns that we've stayed at. One morning had a cooked egg, canadian ham, and biscuits, and the other morning had sausage patties and scrambled eggs (which didn't taste like eggs). Lots of cereals, breads/muffins/bagels, fresh fruit, yogurts, juices. Never a disappointment and we all found something to eat.

I'd recommend this hotel to anyone in the area.

Only for families

by TripAdvisor Member chsam

Stayed at the hotel for two nights. Had a great rate because I booked before it opened, but now rooms are $200+ per night. If you have children I can see the water park as being a good reason to stay here. My biggest complaint was the noise in the rooms. We could hear people upstairs walking past midnight and by 6 am the next morning. Heard our neighbor's alarm clock one morning and TV's at night. I expect more from a Hampton Inn that is brand new.

Perfect for our family

by TripAdvisor Member Kateandsam

5 of us (2 adults, 3 children) stayed in a king studio suite on the ground floor. I was not sure it would be roomy enough for us, but it was great. We paid $177/AAA per night.

When we arrived a new twin air mattress was waiting for us against a wall in our room, and the pull-out couch accomodated my 2 girls perfectly. During the day it was easy to put the couch and mattress away so we had planty of room.

The hotel is new and the room exceptionally clean. Our studio entrance had a small kitchen area with a bar sink, fridge, microwave and cabinets and drawers for storage. Perfect for making sandwiches for day trips.

The bathroom area was tiled and had a pretty wood shelved vanity and a separate toilet/shower room. All of the counters throughout were stone (granite?). A large mirrored closet was in the bath area as well.

We also had a large desk which was great for our laptops and to answer emails, catch-up on work etc.

2 large windows in the room, so it was light and airy, but dark as night with the curtains closed. Hard to wake up in the morning! We started to leave the curtains open a crack to let in the morning light. The windows open a few inches if you'd like.

The bed was VERY comfortable. My only complaint would be the pillows. They were just too tall to get a comfortable neck position, but great for sitting up in bed. Next time I will bring my own.

The wireless and TV were great. TV has playstation controller, and games can be purchased as pay-for-play.

We found the staff to be always accomodating and friendly....we accidentally left the do not disturb sign on the door, and when we came back at 8:00pm our room had not been cleaned. I went to the front desk to see if they could help and they were there in 5 minutes and not at all annoyed. We lost our tv remote and again they were there in minutes with 3 of them.

Breakfast: They serve a daily egg and breakfast meat (which I didn't try) and they also had plenty of toastable breads, fruit salad and yougurt as well as cereal. They leave the coffee/tea and juice bar open all day, so there was always plenty of free coffee and hot cocoa for the kids. The grab-and-go breakfast was nice too....an apple, muffin, granola bar and water all bagged and ready to go. They have a limited number, so grab yours early if you'd like it.

The water-park area was super, I agree a bit over-chlorinated. But I thought it was immaculate. The restrooms were spotless and the pool staff always friendly. No area for adults to swim, only a hot tub to soak in. It does close every 2 hours for a half hour for 'cleaning'. I think it's more for the employee's break time and to clear the area of people to keep the crowds down. We went nightly from 8:30-10:00, and the crowd level was manageable, with 0-5 people ahead of us in line for the slides. The water was about 5 degrees too cold for me, but no complaints from the kids.

The hotel has a very small arcade off the lobby (2 games-driving and galaga/pack-man combo).

There was laundry on the 4th floor which I used once. I went about 8 pm and got a load in, when I returned to put it in the dryer there were several people waiting to use the machines (2 washers, 2 dryers). So it may often be busy. No change machine, but soap machine. It was 1.50 per load.

They have family movies in the breakfast lounge every evening at 8:00 as far as I can tell. They showed The Incredibles, Shrek and Harry Potter while we were there.

Lots of restaurants nearby. McDonald's is next door, although we make it a point to eat at places we can't eat at home. The Muddy Moose is about a mile away and fantastic for families. Super food, large portions and great fast service. The Homestead is close by across the street and very good as well.

The hotel seems to be frequently booked up, reserve early...you have 24 hours pre-arrival to cancel. The front desk staff were always busy fielding booking calls and the reponse was often 'sorry we are full for those dates'.

All-in-all we thought it was A+. Wouldn't choose for a romantic getaway or for older couples as the place is completely overrun with families.

Good place to stay with smaller kids

by TripAdvisor Member MaddyandCamsmom

The Hampton Inn & Suites was very nice and clean. The common areas were kept very neat. The rooms were a good size. We had a room w/ 2 queen beds. The bathroom was quite spacious, perfect for 2 adults and 2 small children. The water park is nice .. small, don't expect Six Flags or anything. The park does close every 2 1/2 hours for "cleaning" which can be hard to explain to the kids. Breakfast was perfect ... quick and easy with the kids. The location is great .. very easy access to all things Conway !!

My biggest complain was the noise level, we were on the 3rd floor and you could hear the kids above us until well past 11pm and again early the next morning. This was a challenge when trying to get small kids to bed ... if I went back I would request something on the top floor and this problem shouldn't happen again.

Great place for families with small kids

by TripAdvisor Member SBrantley

This is a great property for families with small children. It has a water park, is close to Storyland, Mt. Washington and right in the middle of everything North Conway has to offer. If you are like my husband and myself, i.e. without children, book this hotel but confirm a room on the second floor, otherwise kids running back and forth to the water park will drive you crazy all night long. This is a beautiful Hampton Inn; the location is great and the rooms are exceptionally nice with many upgraded amenities. Kids or not, we would stay here again in a second.

Great Experience!

by TripAdvisor Member PMATHEWS

We just got home from 5 days/4 nights at this property! We had a great experience all around. Property is so clean. Staff is very friendly. Excellent free breakfasts each morning. My little one also enjoyed the indoor water park very much! We would definitely book another stay at this hotel...we were very pleased!

Nice hotel BUT very inadequate housekeeping - cleanliness problems

First, I'll talk about the good things - the hotel is newer, well-located, and the breakfast buffet is well stocked. However, the staff and housekeeping at this hotel leave much to be desired. Upon check-in our room was not clean (not vaccumed, not dusted, unclean bathroom). Despite multiple visits to the front desk staff over several days, we never got this fully resolved - the room was finally vaccumed after 3 complaints made over 3 days, but the bathroom was never as clean as it should have been (hair on the floor and in the sink, dirty tub, dirty mirror, uncleaned toilet, etc). Resupplies were also a problem - one evening we returned to find the new, clean towels had been left on the toilet seat! Other days we returned to find the toiletries had not bee replaced or the empty tissue box had not been refilled or we were short on resupplied towels. So, if you are not picky about cleanliness, this hotel should be okay for you, but if cleanliness and sanitation is important we'd advise you to stay elsewhere. Other reviewers have commented about noise in this hotel and we too found the walls were thin and noise was a problem (TV sounds and hairdryers and water running sometimes woke us up too early in the morning - but I have noticed this is a problem at many Hampton Inns - I think their construction process is skimpy on sound insulation between rooms).

Welcome to a Demographic...

by TripAdvisor Member lo_angle

We stayed here this year instead of at the older Fox Ridge across the street. We were sold on the a.) newer property b.) larger 'suite' room and c.) indoor waterpark as rainy day option.

Basically the hotel is for young families with young kids. Definitely interesting to see the CT, NJ and MA plates on minivans with car seats, and all the versions of my own family--two parents, two kids--in the waterpark, in the halls and at daily breakfast. I would say if your car has no car seats in it, don't stay here. But if you have small kids, great--just about everyone will identify with the occasional tantrum, excited kids running in the hall, etc.

The room was huge, little kitchen area was great. The bathroom sink is set into a kind of faux-armoire and is too high for kids, and the shower/toilet enclosure is very small. Also, the new construction may not last long; while the hotel still looks great and smells new, etc., there were multiple little things starting to fail--cabinet hinges and the like.

Cleaning staff made entirely too much noise in the halls--in one case allowing the heavy door to slam repeatedly on the extended metal safety hasp. Does a guest really need to point out to you that's annoying and ask you to stop?

Waterpark was OK, but was too cold for my 1 year old; still, it's a great option for an hour or so. Also, the hotel has no grounds whatsoever--the lot and building take up the property.

Extraordinary Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member sweetman47

What a pleasant surprise! Entering the room, we passed through this nice kitchenette (see above picture) into a sitting area with a love seat (fold out bed), desk and chair and a sitting chair. In the center of the room is the furniture-like vanity with the towels neatly rolled up. And across the room opposite the vaity was the flat screen TV. (I tried to get all of that in the above picture.) The toilet and tub were in a separate room to the side of the vanity, with a door. The king bed was opposite the sitting area. It was a very spacious room.

On the South end of the hotel was an indoor "water park". We didn't play in it, but it was fun to see. (Two pictures of the water park above). Thinking this would bring out the kid in everyone, we thought we would hear a lot of noise, but our room, the lobby and corridors were quiet. It was a very restful stay after a day of leaf peeping and outlet shopping in the area.

Comments