North Conway Grand Hotel

State Route 16, Settler's Green, North Conway, New Hampshire, 03860, United States
Booking.com Orbitz.com NorthConwayGrand

Costs 26% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about North Conway Grand Hotel

Nice, clean hotel...

Our family stayed at the North Conway Grand Hotel from August 22-26, 2004. It was very clean, and the staff was very friendly and eager to please. If I were to have but one complaint it would have to be the fact that there were WAY too many " very vocal" little ones, which of course, can't be helped. Otherwise, it was a very pleasant stay. We would definately consider staying there again.

Take a hike

by pchamlis

A couple of my VT friends already know of my love affair with walking. I'm one of those psychos who wears a pedometer and keeps a record of my steps. My goals have changed (increased) over the years, and by the end of 2010, I will have logged about 7 million steps. (My original goal 7 years ago was five million steps) Anyway, I love to walk and hike... and among the more interesting and pleasurable steps I've done this year were hiking in and around North Conway, NH.

In general, if walking is your thing, you'll find a cache of country roads strewn with covered bridges and such. There are also marked (some marked better than others) hiking trails of varying grades on the nearby national and state forest lands. AND, a lot of the more rural inns and properties have "trails" that they've laid out for morning and afternoon quiet walks. I highly recommend that you engage in this trail behavior, it's very good for the soul.

Oh, DO be careful on some of the national forest trails. The Boulder Loop Trail that we did, just off the Kankamagus Highway, had a lot of loose rocks of "just the right size" for stumbling. So, watch your step as they say....and good luck finding those badly faded little yellow splotches of paint that supposedly mark THAT trail.

Great Family Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member SWTravelPro

We visited over the Labor Day Weekend and our family had a great time. We usually stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites but they were sold out so we tried it out. The North Conway Grand has more amenities such as full service restaurant and bar with Free Kids Breakfast, larger indoor pool, and DVD players in room with free DVD's from the hotel all at a rate that was actually lower than the Comfort Inn.

We will definately return.

Great time at the Grand

by TripAdvisor Member ATWillow

I usually stay at the Comfort Inn in North Conway, but decided to give the Grand a try when my internet search came in at $20.00 less per night for my weekend getaway. The room,(two queen beds) was huge, clean, and well appointed with a decent view of the grounds. Not unlike the Comfort Inn on a sunny weekend, the place was crawling with kids but our 4th floor room was peaceful and very quiet. We had a fridge and microwave, and the 27 inch TV with free DVD's was a nice touch. For $9.95 per person, The Grand has a wonderful breakfast buffet that easily fueled us up Tuckerman's Ravine, and provided us with an awesome picnic,(bagels, granola bars, etc.) on the Lunch Rocks.

I thought the location was great, and even got my husband to go in a few outlet shops as they were pretty much at our doorstep. The workout room looked really good, and the staff could not of been more helpful. I look forward to going back to the North Conway Grand as soon as I can. We travel a great deal and know what works for us. The price, food, location, and great staff make this an appealling place for us to visit.

Fantastic Ski-ing and Strawberry Waffles ..............

by TripAdvisor Member Penny1969

We stayed at the North Conway Grand over Christmas and it was fantastic. The rooms are large and spacious and have 27" TV's with Gamesconsole (payable locally) and a DVD player. DVD's are free to borrow from the reception and there is a really good selection to choose from. There is also an iron and ironing board, hairdryer, alarm clock, coffee maker and fridge. As we are smokers we stayed in the smoking quarter which was great, it was also tucked away so it was very quiet. The room itself was large and had two queen sized beds, a couple of chairs and tables and various drawers.

All the staff were brilliant, nothing was too much trouble. The receptionists and restaurant staff were very friendly and Dan the barman was a wealth of entertaining New Hampshire knowledge. As it was Christmas time everything was lit up and really festive, the lounge area was warm and welcoming and so was the bar!

We went with Crystal and breakfast was included, it was an excellent mix of cooked breakfast items (bacon, sausages, pancakes, eggs etc.,) cereals, fresh fruit, yoghurts, muffins, bagels, different breads and a waffle maker with strawberries and cream ( I didn't get fed up with these at all, and we were there a fortnight!!) The restaurant also serves lovely food in the evenings at very reasonable prices, be warned though the portions are LARGE a starter is the size of a main course! Prices varied but from memory I think they ranged from $5 - $15 for a main course (and that would serve 2!).

There are leisure facilities in the Hotel; the swimming pool was being refurbished while we were there, there is a small gym and sauna. The hotel will also let you use their computer for free internet access.

A great facility is the hotel laundry where for $4 you can wash and dry all your gear before you go home, you can even iron it in your room if you want, but we weren't that efficient.

We went for the ski-ing and went to Cranmore which is nearest (5 minutes away). Attitash and Wildcat (about 25 minutes) Bretton Woods and Loon (about 45 minutes) and Sunday River (75 minutes) parking at all these bases was free and they are all on good roads. There are a few more but we only tried the above ones. We arrived on December 15th and they were all open.

The other attraction of the North Conway Grand was the Outlet Shopping, it's right on the doorstep and open til at least 8.oo pm most nights. If you are planning to buy anything (including ski-wear) before going DON'T, everything is at amazingly cheap prices, there is also a Samsonite Shop if you over do it ;-)

There is a vast array of restaurants all close by and at very reasonable prices, there are also the usual fast food chains. If you weren't having breakfast at the hotel there's lot of choice close by.

If you're planning to travel independantly it would probably be worth contacting the hotel direct for rates. We enquired about March and it was $69 room/night excluding breakfast, you really can't go wrong.

We can't wait to go back and would recommend the North Conway Grand to anyone.

Kids, kids, kids

The family took yet another voyage up to North Conway, only this time, we stayed at the North Conway Grand.

We stayed for one night, but even if we wanted to, we probably couldn't stay longer because of how pricey it is. What drew us to the hotel was the fact that it was in the center of tons of good shopping. The rooms were quite charming, as well. There was a convenient mini-fridge and huge color TV. The beds were made up nicely and quite comfortable. What I didn't like about the room was the tiny bathroom. I practically had to climb up on the toilet to shut the door.

The amount of kids at this hotel was crazy. They were literally everywhere. When we went down to the pool, there were so many kids jumping around, we decided to just sit in the adjacent jacuzzi for a bit. That really turned us off. The next morning, we paid for the breakfast buffet. Not only was the food less than satisfying, but there were so many kids there that one could barely move around. After that, we left the hotel, somewhat disappointed.

I should also mention the little squabble I experienced with one of the cranky chamber maids. After a little bit of walking through the hotel, my sister and I got on an elevator to go back to our rooms. A few seconds after we stepped on, the maid glared at me and said "Excuse me!" in a touchy tone. Oblivious to what I had done, my sister later informed me that I must have bumped into her. I don't even remember touching her. It doesn't sound like such a big deal, but I really don't know what her problem was.

The amount of children and the testy staff took away from how nice the room was. I guess I would stay there again, but I prefer the Red Jacket hotel in the area.

Great for kids

We stayed here with friends for the weekend. This hotel is very kid friendly, with a large stuffed bear, moose and bird in the lobby. The location was great, attached to the outlets, with a pizza restaurant and playground right outside the side-door to the hotel. It was clean and conveniently located. Would stay here again.

Excellent!

by TripAdvisor Member Ferg64

Stayed here for three nights and found it to be excellent. Room are clean and comfrotable with plenty of room even 27 inch tvs. The hotel was well positioned and had a good value restaurant and pleasant bar. Would stay here again and recommend

Good Value with convenient shopping

by TripAdvisor Member DudesDaddy

We stayed at the Grand Hotel on the first Thursday night of December, 2004. (I'm a bit tardy in posting this.) When we arrived, the lobby was filled with other families (like ours) preparing to board the Polar Express later that evening. We were promptly checked in and headed up to our room. The room was nice and large, a bit surprising given the low price we paid. The kids immediately headed to the indoor pool, which was also better than we expected. Later that evening we had dinner in the hotel restaurant. It was a rather slow night as there was only one other family seated. However the food was good and the prices were reasonable. The service was slow but good. They appeared to be short staffed. The next morning we walked over to the Outlet Mall next door. It is a great outdoor mall. Overall, we were very pleased with our experience and would definitely return. If you go to the Grand, it is tough to see from the road. Look for the Settler's Green Outlet Mall signs instead to avoid driving right by as we did.

Ski Jan 2005

We`ve just retured to the UK after staying ten days here, we all thought this to be an excellant base for ski-ing in this area. The staff ,food ,rooms etc, were terrific ,we will return. We have stayed in many others eg Hilton,Sherertons whilst on holiday in the USA over the last 14 yrs, this is up there with them.

Comments