Red Jacket Mountain View Resort North Conway

See Hotels with Lower Price

Tags

Mountain Climbing Skiing and Boarding Family Travel
See Amenities

You can do better somewhere else.

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 5, 2012

I've stayed at the Red Jacket twice and will never make that mistake. First the whole facility is overpriced for what you get. It's overpriced and other then the waterpark add on most of it is old. Not in the classic hotel stay. More like dark and rundown. It tries for a resort ambiance but if you put lipstick on a pig it's still a pig. The staff are usually otherwise engaged in some other activity then customer service and cannot be disturbed. It really is a shame.

Unique Quality: Waterpark. Location.

Checked in, treated like garbage

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 8, 2009

This might seem like a negative bashing, but I assure you it's not. I will start off with the positives: Waterpark is excellent. Full breakfast buffet (although expensive $16/pp). Loft rooms are fun! Sweeping, rolling grounds give a nice touch with the surrounding mountains. From there it's all downhill. We booked our 1st trip Aug 2007 & were promised the waterpark would be ready by Feb 2008. I called to check in Dec 07 twice, then again in Jan 08 & again was assured it would be ready. When we finally arrived the very first thing Tracy at the front desk said was "we emailed you to let you know it would not be ready; you could have cancelled". I'm sorry, I booked the summer before, I did not get the email (honestly) but even if I had, it would be too late to cancel. We stayted anyway and even gave it another try in 2009. This time around it was even worse. Where should I start. The new manager Chuck Randall told the girl at the counter to comp us for both breakfast -AND- the waterpark. While we did receive breakfast, they charged us for the waterpark. I am taking this up with Visa as soon as it posts as this goes beyond poor customer service, it borders on criminal (broken contract, verbal). Hard to prove, right. Yet Chuck had no problem shaking my hand at the counter in front of all the other guests in line. Then during checkout while we were alone, he claims he did not recall our conversation and that it must be a "misunderstanding on my part" His words! In addition, at one point my teenager was lost & asked a hotel employee for directions. They made a federal case of it, called our room, sent someone up to check the hallway - as if he was a criminal. At another juncture we were at the front desk awaiting our waterpark tickets and the girl answered the phone and started a full blown conversation while I stood there for several minutes, my young children waiting in the wings. Seriously, at this point I know I might sound like I'm a cronic complainer, but from the moment you check in, it's as if they're not happy UNLESS you're unhappy. I can't explain the vibe any other way, except the proof of what we've experienced - TWICE NOW - Two years in a row!! Like so many others have said, the maid service was almost non existant, beds never turned nor room refreshed, trash and plates in the hallway. The waterpark being extra was kind of an insult since the rooms run around $259 & up! There is no pool or hottub/jacquzzi unless you pay full price for the waterpark. There is no adult swim time. It would be nice if they shut down the waterpark and left the jacquzzi & wavepool (turned off) open say after 9pm until 11, maybe a bit later. Both breakfast and dinner are very expensive at $16 and $24 + tax and tip respectively. The food is hit or miss, and the food at the waterpark is absolutely horrendous! The rooms could also use some upgrading, the beds hurt our backs and there is no fan in the bathroom, you can just imagine. The overall reivew is the Red Jacket Mountain View *COULD* be a great place for families to stay and have fun *IF* the management company made some adjustments to the pricing struture - especially in this economy. They would also definitely need to make some staffing changes starting with the managers and the counterstaff. There were two terrific employees who were wonderful. Erica in the waterpark. And a new girl at the front desk who had just started as of March 2009. Lastly we convinced our neighbors to come along with us on both trips, essentially doubling the amount spent at this hotel. Safe to say neither family would wish to stay there again, after all, who wants to pay so much to be treated so poorly?

Unique Quality: Waterpark, great views, loft rooms are awesome. No pool, no access to jacquzzi without full waterpark tickets- charged separately each day. Most expensive buffet I've ever seen (with fair food).

Great place for family vacations

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 16, 2008

This place is great for family vacations as a whole. They recently opened their own indoor water park which is pretty cool for kids and for those who are still kid-at-heart. The staff are very very friendly and accomodating. The rooms are clean. I have particularly requested for the best room overlooking the mountains and the staff are nice enough to accomodate such request at a deluxe rate.

Unique Quality: 1) Great mountain view (if you get the right room)
2) Indoor water park which is open til 11 at night: Make sure to ask for their package if you are planning to stay in the hotel and use the water park as well. The use of the water park (Kahuna Laguna) is not inclusive of the room rate -- average $25 per person entrance fee to the park.
3) Shopping outlets in the area -- no sales tax in NH state.
4) Free internet access.
5) Other nearby area attractions for the whole family!!!!

Nearby Red Jacket Mountain View Resort North Conway

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

North Conway Travel Forum

Need advice about North Conway, New Hampshire? Visit the Travel Forum for North Conway and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest North Conway hotel reviews