Spruce Moose Lodge and Cottages

207 Seavey Street, (formerly Sunny Side Inn), North Conway, New Hampshire, 03860, United States
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Spruce Moose Lodge and Cottages

Wonderful Stay, Friendly, Great Value!

The Spruce Moose Lodge and Cottages has become home away from home in only two visits. Leon and Nellie (hosts) are warm, friendly and down to earth people who will go out of their way to be sure you enjoy your stay. Pet friendly ( a big plus! ) with CLEAN, comfortable and cozy accommodations make you feel right at home. The breakfasts, my favorite- are a tasty break from the regular work day routine. Plenty of advice and knowledge of the local area are yours for the asking. Working in the hospitality business personally, I know that hospitality is not just a business but a passion. Leon and Nellie are passionate about what they do and take pride in their ability to make your stay the best it can be. Of course, I’ll be back every chance I get. Enjoy your stay…

bt

Very Dog Friendly

My husband, Eric and I, stayed at the Spruce Moose Lodge in the Buckeye cottage along with our three dogs, Zoe, T-Bone and Sobo, for our "Dogmoon" (that's a honeymoon with dogs) shortly after we got married and returned from our official honeymoon in Tahiti. Our dogs were welcomed with open arms (all three of them--big hairy siberian huskies that they are) by Nellie and her husband Leon. Our pup Sobo loved playing with Whitman and couldn't really figure out Lucy given her small size. Upon learning that we were aspiring innkeepers ourselves, Nellie and Leon took the time to chat with us, and give us the 411 on running a B&B/Inn. The location is great--easy walking distance to town but far enough out to have a nice yard for the dogs to romp in. There are amazing rivers to swim and play in with your dogs and tons of great hiking trails. (our pup T-Bone even went down the natural waterslides at the swimming hole on Kanc. Highway) Nellie and Leon also made great resturaunt recommendations (Coyote Rose among others). We loved the place, loved the location and especially loved Nellie and Leon's extremely hospitable attitude. We can't wait to go back.

I Found Out Why This Place Is Rated #1 ~ Because It Is!!

by TripAdvisor Member SweetgumPodz

The Spruce Moose Lodge is very warm and friendly and the atmosphere was so charmingly comfortable! I was surprised that their prices were a bit on the low side for all the amenities they had! Great value indeed!!

I travel a lot for my company and I prefer to stay at B&B's on my business trips, so I've been to plenty!! Because I am away from home so often, I feel B&B's offer me a home away from home.

I'm a neat freak and I can tell you that the entire lodge, my room & my bathroom were spotlessly clean. The goodie bath basket was such a lovely touch! Everything smelled good too! I especially appreciated the coffee/tea/goodie room! The owners were such terrific folks. I felt like they were old friends, yet we had just met! They made my stay in NH so much more enjoyable.

By far, this was the Most Friendly, Super Clean, Extremely Helpful, Very Cozy and Comfortable B&B I've stayed in.
The breakfasts were Beyond Incredible!!
I'm not a big breakfast eater, but I certainly became one here!!!

I want to thank Lee & Nell for making my trip SO MUCH FUN!

One note I have to mention. Another couple at the Spruce Moose the same time I was, had to be the most negative, irritating, complaining, couple I ever met! They pretended to be all high & mighty and were such a pain in the butt to the owners. Gosh there was just no pleasing them. If you wanted to stay at the Ritz Carlton, go there!

My point is that, Lee & Nell handled these people with such poise & grace! They truly are the absolute best when it comes to their people skills. They had a wonderful way of diffusing the situation every time, which kept the rest of their guests very comfortable. Everyone else that stayed there last week just wanted to punch them both! Being in business, I have to express just how much they impressed me 100%!!

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS CHARMING B&B to everyone! {except grouches! hahaha!}
I already booked my next trip up to NH with them!

Be Back Soon

by TripAdvisor Member slippydean

What a relaxing time we had. The place was nice and clean, and the room was awesome. Great hot tub and huge bed. Leon and Nellie made us feel right at home. It was like staying with family. They even went out of there way to make my our breakfast xtra special. Will see you again this weekend...Can't wait..Mike and Desiree

We loved the Spruce Moose!!

We celebrated our 25 Anniversary at the Spruce Moose B&B, located in the charming village of North Conway.
The Inn is within walking distance to all the shops and the many great restaurants, and the best part to us was that we got to take our little Westie, Buddy with us. We had our own little cabin with a big fireplace and large comfy bedroom and fully applianced kitchen. It was relaxing and very romantic and we will definately return again.!

A Great Place To Stay

We stayed four nights here during our road trip round New England. Nellie and Leon are great innkeepers and really made us feel welcome. They always put themselves out for us and were also helpful in pointing out places to see and good walks. The excellent communal area is perfect to relax in after a days hiking while helping yourself to the impressive selection of hot drinks and freshly baked cookies. The pancakes for breakfast were superb. If you visit North Conway be sure to try the Coyote Rose restaurant which was head and shoulders above the others, watch out for the (free) prickly pear sorbet and the tequila margaritas. Our stay was completed by seeing not one, but three moose in the spruces, on the Kancamagus highway over to Vermont!

Like staying with good friends

We recently had the pleasure of staying a couple of nights at the Spruce Moose and we loved every minute of it. All the rooms were comfortable, beautiful, clean and inviting. From the minute we arrived Nellie and Leon made us feel welcome and right at home. It was one of our BEST B&B experiences and Leon cooks a heavenly breakfast! They truely love what they do and it shows! We can't wait to go back.

Home from home

by TripAdvisor Member Carline

We throuroughly enjoyed our stay at Spruce Moose in July 06. Leon and Nellie were superb hosts, and we felt at home in the lodge. The bedrooms are comfortable and the communal living area is a treat. I would definitely recommend this to anyone visting the area.

Good for dog owners

by TripAdvisor Member hiker1971

Leon and Nellie were extremely friendly and welcoming to us and our dog. The inn is a stone's throw from downtown North Conway. The jacuzzi was wonderful and relaxing after a long hike as was the king size bed. The only complaint we had was that the towels smelled musty. Other than that, great place for dog owners who are looking to enjoy Mt. Washington Valley!!

YES!!YES!!

The exterior of the MetThe exterior of the Met

Bonnie and Pete, together for 30 years.Bonnie and Pete, together for 30 years.

love the dark cloud over the hotellove the dark cloud over the hotel

Comments