3351 White Mountain Highway, North Conway, New Hampshire, 03570, United States

Booking.com Priceline.com

• mvann4's Profile Photo

Wonderful Vacation Condo New Hampshire

Wonderful location. The Stonehurst Manor has hotel room accommodations plus a superb restaurant. There is an outdoor pool. The grounds of the Manor lead to hiking trails and cross country skiing. Plus a stunning view of Mount Washington and the Presedential range.
    We loved it and would recommend for a romantic getaway or a vacation with family/friends.

Within 3 miles was great shopping, outlets etc and New Hampshire we discovered to our delight has no sales tax.

Unique Quality: There are condo's that are owned by individuals but can be rented out by the night, weekend or week. We stayed in one of these, (#7B) it was a 3 level with 3 bedrooms downstairs and 2 superb bathrooms. The main bathroom even had a heated jetted Jacuzzi tub! Two bedrooms had King Size beds and the third a Queen. On the main level was an open living room with log fire and an excellent gourmet kitchen, the top level was a TV and games area. We had great fun challenging our friends to pool, air hockey and card games.
    We cooked in the kitchen as often as we could and also lit fires in the evening.
    If all rooms are occupied this will work out at a lower price per couple than a straight hotel room and we got an upmarket Condo. We rented for a week and the average per person was around $230 for the week that we chose.

Directions: Immediately north of North Conway on Highway 16 towards Jackson NH.

More about The Stonehurst Manor

Quiet and Very Relaxing

My wife and I just returned from the Manor. We stayed for two nights and had a great time. The food is great and the atmosphere and hospitality are worth the visit. If you like to sit by a nice pool and a hot tub with great mountain views, this is the place for you. We have been vacationing in this area for many years and think this is the very best place to visit.

Joel P. Danvers

Absolutely loved the Stonehurst Manor

Stayed here whilst travelling through New Hampshire. The location was perfect. All the staff were friendly and provided excellent service. I would definately recommed you stay here if travelling to North Conway.

Enjoyed Our Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Lee801

My husband I stayed here on August 25, 2005 on the way to Maine. Check in was smooth. Our room was located in the Mountain View wing and had a view of the pool and gazebo. The room was adequate although the bathroom was in need of some serious updating. The pool area was very nice with beautiful views; the water was cool but refreshing (towels are provided). We had dinner (included in our room rate) at their restaurant which was very good especially the wood smoked asparagus, but the service was slow. We also had breakfast which was above average. A highlight (for me) was the resident cat, Mrs. Bigelow. All in all, a very pleasant stay for one night. The staff were friendly and competent especially when giving information on Mount Washington.

Wonderful staff

by TripAdvisor Member kandc

We stayed at the Stonehurst Manor on September 10th and had a wonderful time. Several co-workers had recommended it over the years, and we were eager to check it out for ourselves. Our entire stay was wonderful and the staff is second to none - from the check-in staff, to the bartender & hostess to the waiter, and especially the owners who were present during our stay. The room rates include dinner and breakfast, and both were delicious. My husband will never be able to have prime rib anywhere else since they smoke theirs and you can really tell the difference from a traditional prime rib. We had spent the day at the outlets, so a relaxed dinner was just what we needed. Timing on everything was perfect, and our server was terrific. After dinner we went upstairs to our room (#34) and lit the fireplace. We appreciated the history of the manor and the unique experience of staying there.

Hit or Miss! Been there often.

by TripAdvisor Member sophalla

We've been to the Manor many times over the past several years. Each time the staff has been warm and welcoming, but the faces have changed dramatically over the past few years. My favorites are gone. Some of the rooms are nice and some are not so nice. The two highly awarded chefs have moved on and the food is not quite as good as it once was. With all the changes and possible hits or misses, frankly I prefer to stay somewhere more consistent.

Not a good experience

I would not recommend this inn, especially if you have a child, allergies, or want to take a comfortable shower. In my opinion, the website photos are extrememly misleading. I told the receptionist that we'd have a child who is just under two with us, and I was told not to worry because this was an "ultra kid friendly inn". This was not the case. The inn has only booster seats, which was a nightmare because my child would not sit still during dinner. The servers were SO slow and clearly are not used to serving children. So, this was not a kid friendly inn. Also, we were so excited to use the pool, and then found out that children under 4 years of age are not allowed in the swimming pool even with a parent.

We paid $220/night for a room in the main inn, which was on the third floor and meal. They wanted to charge an additional $20 per day for our 20-month-old to stay but I was able to get them waive that. But, children even of this age still have to pay to eat!

We were told the room was a "SUITE" with two bedrooms. We are not snobs and this was no "Suite" by our standards. The inn does not provide shampoo. You have to BUY IT from the front desk! The restaurant food was okay but there was a cat running around the bar and lounge area as well as two dogs who are kept in the check-in area. So, beware if you have allergies. The room was VERY old and not kept up. The walls were plastered and chipping and the bed linens and towels were visibly old and worn. The rooms were musty and my husband had TERRIBLE allergies for the enitre stay. The shower was only a very mini-stall and was impossible! We are not tall people either! The water would go from cold to scalding. It was very unsafe, especially with for a baby. There was a makeshift shower head that is placed at eye level so you have to bend your body in half to wash your hair. The towel rack also broke off the door. My husband brought it down to the front desk to tell them and express his disappointemnt with the room and shower and was told there was nothing they could do about it. I would not recommend this inn to anyone! The only bright part of our stay was that Heidi, an employee of the inn, was wonderful!

Our 7th visit!

We just got back from our seventh stay at Stonehurst Manor and were once again very pleased! My husband and I only live in Southern New Hampshire but we like to plan mini-escapes to the Manor every year - it is our little home away from home and we get a weekend away from the kids! The food and atmosphere are wonderful, the Manor itself is beautifully maintained as an old fashioned full service Inn. Gerald and I absolutely love it!

My husband and I were really surprised to see some of the comments on this website - especially the one about the constantly changing staff. Though there are some new faces, when we come we see so many of the same people every year. The girls at the front desk Leona and Anna, Heidi, the GM who is everywhere (and so very helpful), Mary in housekeeping has been there since we started coming - many of the wait people are also the same... Cheryl Ann, Paris, Greg and Heather to name a few. It is true that the two chef's who worked at Stonehurst for years have left, however, we found the food was even better this stay! If you go there be sure to try the Lamb and the Prime Rib!

Our love to Sabrina and Mrs. Bigelow!

Needs a lot of Work!!

by TripAdvisor Member DarleneT

The Stonehurst manor has the potential to be a really nice place to stay, however, the rooms are very outdated and the service in their restaurant is absolutely Terrible (with a capital "T"!).

We stayed in a mountain view room and did have a fairly nice view of Mt. Washington. The beds in the room, however, were uncomfortable and old, the pillows were absolutely flat and gave me and my husband both a stiff neck. The furniture (2 Queen Anne Chairs) had cushions that were uncomfortable and the bathroom was old and not as clean as I would expect it to be for the money we paid. The pink towels have to be years old as they are very thin and worn. The restaurant had decent food, however, we waited about 45 minutes before we were approached at our table by the waiter and the restaurant wasn't even crowded! The food took forever to come out and it wasn't worth the wait (it was good, but not great for the amount of time we sat there waiting for it!). The walls are paper thin and you can hear every single word the person next store to you is saying all night long. I stayed in a Mountain View room, so perhaps the other rooms they offer are better in comparison than these rooms. I also wish the rooms had better security locks - the hinges were coming off the door in my room.

The television was ancient with an old remrote control the size of a large brick.

On the flip side, the staff is extremeley friendly and helpful and the resident cat, Mrs. Bigelow, is as sweet as can be as she follows guests throughout the house. The lounge is very cozy and the bartender is professional and quick to serve guests. The hotel is located in a fairly congested section of North Conway that is currently under road construction. You can see the highway from the hotel, although you cannot hear it.

I think the Stonehurst Manor could have potential, but the owners have to be willing to sink money into it in order for it to compete with other hotels.

A Rare Find

The Stonehurst Manor was a lucky find for us about 8 years ago and we have been spending a week there every year since. Its turn of the century appeal has all the comforts of home in the feel of a mini-castle at an unbelievably affordable price. The huge stone fireplace in the library, the player piano, and the beautiful architecture of the manor is breathtaking for the first time. The grounds are beautifully landscaped with flowers. There is a gazebo, adirondack chairs, and an outdoor pool and hot tub also with lovely views of the mountains. The dining is superb. We especially love dining out on the screened in dining porch in the evening with the sun setting behind the mountains. There has never been a disappointment with anything we have ordered from the menu--which is extensive and includes organic selections and alternate meat choices such as ostrich. We have found the staff to be always available and accommodating in every way possible. The Stonehurst is a quiet relaxing retreat for us that we anticipate all year. With dinner and breakfast included in the nightly package, we don't need to leave and stand in line at restaurants or make the decision about where to eat. Although every conceivable activity is close by--from shopping at the outlets to mountain climbing to horseback riding, there are some days we don't even leave the Manor at all, and just enjoy going from the pool to the gazebo, to the adirondack chairs to the bench under the tall pine trees. We've done the stressful busy Disney-type of vacations, but have found that at the Stonehurst we really do rest and regroup, and go home feeling like we've really had a vacation! Over the years we have recommended the Stonehurst Manor to many friends that are now "regulars" at the Manor. It's a rare find that we have considered keeping as a secret, but can't keep quiet about! We highly recommend the Stonehurst Manor and feel that anyone wanting a restful and stress-free vacation would also love it.

Comments