White Mountain Hotel and Resort

At Hales Location, 2660 West Side Road, North Conway, New Hampshire, 03860, United States
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about White Mountain Hotel and Resort

loved the white mountain hotel

by TripAdvisor Member amquill

We stayed last in May of 06 and now planning to return this weekend if the snow holds out. We have stayed once or twice a year for the last four years. One year we watched the Superbowl in the lounge with a bunch of people from the hotel. We had a great time. The people are friendly. The Dinners in the Dining room are delish.
The Year round Outdoor hot tub and pool are my favorite. Just being outside under the stars in the winter in the hot tub; or outside in the hot tub with the snow falling on your hair. So much fun.
There is alot of outdoorsy things to keep busy with. We go outlet shopping when we are at home.

Paradise found at the White Mountain Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member DS2100

We're just back from a 5 day stay at the White Mountain Hotel in North Conway, New Hampshire. We truthfully enjoyed our stay so much that we wanted to write this review about the Hotel, North Conway and the Mount Washington Valley area.

First, the hotel sits in the most magnificent setting in the North Conway area or even elsewhere we've been. It is located right outside but close to the village (2 miles) in a vast pungent pine forest dominated by the Moat Mountains, right by the superb Hale's Location Golf Course and it's luxury mountain homes, at the foot of the impressively tall White Horse Ledge (climber's heaven) and overlooking Echo Lake in Echo Lake State Park.
Your tranquility is assured. The Hotel has all amenities for the whole family to enjoy and makes for a perfect lovers hideaway!

The Hotel offers traditional New England hospitality combined with all the modern comforts. You will be greetly warmly, the minute you enter the Hotel by the friendly and professional staff.

The rooms are spacious, spotless clean, tastfully decorated and very well equipped.
They are air conditionned and you also have the option of breathing the fresh and sweet mountain air by opening the windows. The beds are so comfy that you will be assured to sleep like a rock. You will also get Hotel to wear Hotel bathrobes during your stay. Each room has flat screen TV's with more channels that you could hope for, a mini refrigerator, a coffee maker, iron and ironing board, etc. Free wireless Internet is provided throughout the Hotel and rooms.

The food and drinks are excellent at the superb Ledges Dining Room overlooking Mount Kearsarge and other mountains across the valley and in Tullamore Tavern (the Hotel Bar).
Ledges Dining Room is the location for the famous Friday Night Seafood Buffet or Grand Sunday Brunch. There is also a piano player in the dining room every day, which makes for a very enjoyable experience. You should taste the French Onion Soup, it's the best we've ever tasted.

We truly enjoyed our stay and the children were so happy too. It was the warmest week this summer (last week in June). We spent many hours in the year-round outdoor Hotel swimming pool and jaccuzzi. The Hotel also have an exercise room, saunas and a playroom. But, as we did, be sure not to miss the swimming in the Swift River (Lower Falls area) and Diana's Baths, both located close to the Hotel. Hiking opportunities abound right from the Hotel door or in the nearby White Mountain National Forest. North Conway is well knowns as a shoppers paradise and shopping we did. There are many outlets and namebrad stores in North Conway and it's tax-free! Many activities are available for the whole family and we played mini-golf at Pirate's Cove. You could also go for train rides with Conway Scenic Railroad, spend a day with you childred in Story Land, etc. We also went to Mount Washington, the highest summit in NorthEastern North America (6,288'). You can drive right to the summit and this sure is the pinnacle of any vacation in the area. We were amazed to be among the clouds in much cooler and windier weather after having driven the very impressive 8 mile road to the top.

In summary, we had a vacation to remember for a long time and we will be back for sure. It must be excellent in winter too since the Hotel is located close to major ski resorts like Wildcat, Cannon, Bretton Woods, Attitash and Sunday River in nearby Maine. It makes for a fantastic destination for cyclists too with perfect roads/paving and several mountain passes to climb if you wish. I was also running everyday right from the Hotel door on perfect asphalted quiet roads through the forest breathing pure mountain air and no car fumes.

The Hotel accepts Canadian dollar at par midweek and has very good rates for all what it offers. For Canadians like me, it is not very expensive, since our dollar is so close to the American dollar now. CANADIANS ARE WELCOME AT THE HOTEL!

In summary, we found paradise and our family will go back to North Conway and the White Mountain Hotel sooner or later!

Overall Excellent Experience

by TripAdvisor Member BostonExec101

This is a belated review, but it is a good one and I think the place earned it. My wife and I went back in June. We stayed in the White Mountain Suite, which was absolutely enormous. To top it off, there were no rooms above us or to the left or right, so it may have been one of the most relaxing experiences I ever had in a hotel. (We usually rent houses, but not for only a weekend.) Now the scoop. The place is privately owned and I got a sense that the owners were pretty much all over the place, which, I believe, is a good thing. The service was excellent. The staff was very attentive and more than willing to help with suggestions. Our fridge wasn't working and they had a service tech within 5 minutes who fixed the problem on the spot. The room was very clean and the pool, jacuzzi and gym were great. While we were out at the pool, the waitress kept us updated on the score of the Red Sox/Yankees game! Plus the staff, whether it is the cook making omelets at Sunday Brunch or the maintenance staff checking the pool, were very friendly. We tried the dining room for the Sunday brunch and enjoyed it. We also tried it for Monday morning and I have to admit, I was worried at first. There was only one waitress on and she was working about five tables. I've been around hospitality long enough that I knew this could go either way. To my surprise, she managed all the tables, including ours, with the most efficient service and didn't miss a beat. We were seated, served coffee, and eating breakfast within five to ten minutes! Overall, my wife and I found the White Mountain Hotel and Resort to be above average and a great value.

Very nice hotel, friendly staff, and amazing views

by TripAdvisor Member pm85

We have just returned from 5 nights at the White Mountain Hotel. The hotel is located about 5 minutes from downtown North Conway and is perched up a hill, directly at the base of Cathedral Ledge. The views across the valley are great, as is the view of Cathedral Ledge (which is about 400 feet from the hotel).
The hotel is very clean, has a friendly and wonderful staff, and is a nice distance from the hustle and bustle of downtown North Conway. I give the hotel 4.5 stars.

We traveled with our 2 children (9 and 7) and they loved the outdoor heated pool, the great breakfast, and the spacious rooms. The hotel is located in a very nice golf resort/subdivision and we enjoyed biking around the neighborhood as well as playing a game of golf on the beautiful 9 hole course (hotel guest can play for $19 including the cart).

We also spent 2 days at Storyland (tip: buy your ticket after 3:00 and you can spend the rest of the day in the park and reuse your ticket for another full day any time during the season). The hotel is located an easy 10-14 minute drive from Storyland and you avoid almost all of the typical North Conway congestion.

Echo Lake state park is about a 3 minute drive from the property and is within walking distance (through the woods).

We stayed in the presidential suite which includes some nice views across the valley. The room was large, included a nice flat screen TV as well as a typical hotel refrigerator. The bed was large and comfortable and our kids slept on the pullout couch.

The food was generally quite good. We felt the breakfast was a very good value (prices $3-$9). The 'pub' menu was also very good and included typical pub fare as well as some very good local favorites. The ribs were excellent; the seafood soup very good, and the kids meals were also nice. The bar/pub area is located immediately next to the dining room and the evening piano was a nice treat. Both food and drinks are also available at the pool (which is nice, but not very large). The only downside to the food service is that the dining area appeared a bit short staffed and service was sometime a bit spotty. However, we did eat many of our meals at the hotel and generally we were very happy.

The hotel pool is fun for the kids and the adults seemed to enjoy the views as well as the margaritas. There is also an outdoor hot tub. There is a small game room with ping pong and a few video games. There is also a workout room. The outdoor tennis court is nice.

We ate one meal at the Lobster Trap (located between the hotel and Echo Lake State Park) which is about 2 minutes from the hotel. Our dinner at the Lobster Trap was excellent.

There are hiking trails connecting the hotel with the state park and Cathedral Ledge. The hotel grounds are well kept.

All in all, a great stay. We will be back.

Rude, Horrible experience

by TripAdvisor Member Tapnh

We were given a stay at this hotel as a gift for our wedding. We were very excited! Unfortunately it was horrible. The staff was rude and completely unhelpful. The breakfast consists of fake eggs, frozen hash browns only to be compared to bad diner food. When asked where our room was we were told to "Umm take the elevator" which mind you is in not in plain site and the attitude that accompanied it was horrible. We would have not even stayed the weekend if were not a gift. We had a package no one that we asked including the front desk, hostess, or wait staff could explain our package more specially the meal aspect. Upon arriving on Friday night we went to the bar to get dinner. We walked in and it was very busy. The host from the restaurant actually pushed through in between my husband and myself for one no reason is was unprofessional and didn't even say excuse me or apologize and completely inappropriate and two there was more than enough room to continue walking beside us. Then a waitress did the same thing. We left and got food else where. The only good part, the rooms are clean and dinner was ok far better than breakfast. When we were asked when we were checking out if we enjoyed our stay were again given an attitude when we said no. At no point to anyone ever offer to help us and assist us. We called the owner of the hotel when we returned home. His response "They have he highest level of customer service his staff would never behave that way and I must be lying and not tell the truth because that is not true and his staff would not behave that way." Then he proceeded to actually yell at me about how wrong I was and it how wrong it was for me to say such a thing. Then again lectured me via yelling still that they have the highest level of customer service and would not treat any guest that way. After the conversation with the owner it was very clear where his staff gets it from. Please save your money and enjoy your trip somewhere else!

Great Setting - Good Base For Hiking

by TripAdvisor Member TallBlonde

Nice place. My friend and I stayed there last summer as our base for trekking in the Presidential Peaks. Rooms were clean and more than adequate. Front desk personnel was helpful with our inquiries about recommended hiking trails.
Great wraparound deck with outdoor pool and splendid views.
"Country club- golf club" feel to the place, which suits many just fine although not something we were seeking at all...au contraire. Not an issue, just something to know if this is important to any travelers out there, one way or t' other.
I'd recommend this hotel.

Very friendly, Great spot!!!

by TripAdvisor Member NHVince

This hotel is located at the base of a massive 800 ft. cliff, "White Horse Ledge". It is about 21/2 miles from the center of North Conway. This hotel is a very nice property that is staffed by very friendly and helpful employees. They have a heated swimming pool and jacuzzi that is open year round. We have two kids and they loved swimming during the April vacation. We also loved the pool with poolside bar servive from the upstairs bar. The restaurant on the property was excellent and the service was great too. Our stay included a Friday night and we were lucky it did. Every Friday night they have a seafood buffet which is fantastic!! This included a full New England raw bar, soups and a seafood sautee' station with large shrimp and scallops and your choice of pastas and sauces. The rooms are of average size and are very clean. To sum up: Great location with unique views and a very cool bar and restaurant.
PS: Very safe for kids with a small game room.

White Mountain Hotel at Bretton Woods

by Krumlovgirl

" White Mountain Hotel "

Popular belief is that it was this hotel that inspired “The Shining.” Oddly enough, that was also the first thing I thought of when I pulled up to it, even though I had no previous knowledge of this information. It is an absolutely gorgeous hotel with even more beautiful surroundings. Expect to pay around $150 a night (starting) for a small room. For a suite it is $500 and up. The hotel itself has stables, swimming, skiing, a golf course, and many other amenities to keep you happy and relaxed. In one respect, it also reminds me of the resort in “Dirty Dancing.”

New Hampshire

by realde14

New Hampshire is the state where we spent the least amount of time in on our New England tour. It is extremely beautiful and it certainly merits a trip back. We visited mainly the White Mountains area and stayed in the historic White Mountain Hotel in Bretton Woods.

North Conway

by Krumlovgirl

" Lots of Things To Do "

For the summer, North Conway was my surrogate home. Although I lived closer to Wolfeboro and prefer its quaintness, there are things that North Conway offers that can’t be found anywhere else in the area. Like outlet shops. One day I actually bought a pair of fleece-lined jeans at LL Bean, proving that I am definitely in New England. Of course, people who live up here would understand. It rained the entire month of May and never got higher than 60. And the days it did felt like a heat wave was coming through.

There are many touristy things to do in and around the town. The scenic railroad is a popular way to spend the day or afternoon and the beautiful Kancamagus Highway is only a couple of miles down the road. There are also many shops and restaurants and places to wander around. It’s a good gate to Mt. Washington and Crawford Notch and if you’re into hiking then this is a nice stop to or from your destination.

" Links "

Mt. Washington Valley

North Conway Travel & Tourism

White Mountain Hotel

North Conway

North Conway Guide

" Copyrite "

Yes, all photos are by me unless otherwise noted.

Das Bavarian Chocolate Haus exterior.Das Bavarian Chocolate Haus exterior.

Other waitresses may equal getting food.Other waitresses may equal getting food.

The Albany Bridge, over the Swift RiverThe Albany Bridge, over the Swift River

I love the moose signs!I love the moose signs!

Comments