Wyatt House Country Inn

Main Street, North Conway, New Hampshire, 03860, United States

More about Wyatt House Country Inn

Hmmmmmm

by TripAdvisor Member P1966

A salute to mock victoriana.......
spent a few days here earlier this month and to be honest i wouldnt go back, its like staying with your grandparents, floral wallpaper, lace, net blinds, the place is in a pretty poor state, partly due to the present owners selling up and moving on, and i imagine not wanting to spend too much on refurbishment, in our room the flooring was badly peeling in the bathroom.
whilst the owners are very hospitable,the fresh breakfasts were somewhat filling, ive never had such a large peice of quiche or indeed a fruit crumble for breakfast before.

Extremely Disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member EricB75

After speaking to the Inn Keeper on the phone and email to make sure they had the type of accomodations that I was looking for, I booked a room (Rose) at this inn for a honeymoon trip for my wife and I and can say it was the biggest travel blunder I have ever made. The Inn's website is very deceiving and we couldn't have been more disapointed with our experience. Unlike almost all the other inns in the area that we passed, this one looks ragged and run down and the inside smells like a nursing home. Upon check in the inn keeper was borderline rude, had forgotten my request for champagne and generally speaking, was as non service-friendly as he could be. The walls of this place are so thin that if you are looking for any privacy whatsoever, look elsewhere. Sitting in our room, we could hear almost every word being spoken between two people having a normal conversation in the lvrm below us. I could go on and on, but to give you an idea of how awful our experience was my wife and I left a day early (even after being refused a refund on the remainder of our stay that was paid upon check in) because we were so miserable there. To be fair, the Inn Keeper's wife was very sweet and seemed genuinely concerned about our experience, but neither one of them cared enough to correct the situation...and they knew this was our Honeymoon.

We liked this Inn and enjoyed our stay

by TripAdvisor Member Brinuk

We liked this Inn. The Inn keeper is a little unusual but you get used to his strange manner. We had a free upgrade to a lovely room with jacuzzi overlooking the river and mountains. The breakfasts were large and cooked fresh every morning. Plenty left for later and little bags were handed out for you to take away quiche and muffins etc. should you wish.
Wine was provided in our bedroom and lounge for the use of the guests. The Inn is handy for Conway and restaurants, the Irish restaurant of few doors down was very good and reasonably priced..

Can't wait to go back

by TripAdvisor Member FloridaTravelguy

I must admit I do not stay at bed and breakfast Inns that often but if they are all like this one I can't wait to start taking advantage of what they have to offer versus a hotel. We immediately felt comfortable and welcome. We were shown around so we knew where everything was so you felt at home. The view was just beautiful . It is so conveniently located to everything. There are so many beautiful rooms to choose from. We met some really nice people that were staying there. This was our yearly leaf peaking trip and I can't wait to go back. Not only to try another room but to also take advantage of what North Conway has to offer.

Friendly New Owners, Delicious Breakfast, Clean Rooms, and Nice Views

by TripAdvisor Member CambridgeCambridge

Just returned home from the Wyatt House Country Inn in North Conway, New Hampshire. The Inn is under new ownership, as evidenced by the updated sign out front, enhancements to the property, and the Innkeepers' commitment to ensuring a most pleasant stay! Breakfast included fresh fruit with yogurt and granola, french toast (with a special touch), bacon, and orange juice/coffee/tea. In the room I found two complimentary bottles of wine, and a gift basket in the bath with soap, shampoo, and conditioner from a local shop (another nice touch). In the kitchen you can help yourself to bottled water, tea/coffee in the afternoon, and homemade cookies and fruit. I had 'Gabriel's' room - with gas fireplace, whirlpool tub, semi-private deck, and a view. The room was spacious, clean, quiet, and the bed was comfortable. Whether you're heading to the White Mountains for some rest, shopping, outdoor activities, or to visit friends/family - I don't think the Wyatt House will let you down. Hope to return soon!

Romantic Getaway

by TripAdvisor Member Duff485

Elaine and Trish, the new keepers of the inn, provided my girlfriend and I with an incredible two-night romantic getaway. They arranged for a lovely bouquet of flowers, delicious box of chocolates and a bottle of champagne to be in the room when we arrived. They also were kind enough to book a private Victorian sleigh ride and even passed along their innkeeper discount to us.

We stayed in the Gabriel room in the Angel's wing. The views outside our door were breathtaking. The jacuzzi was very large and relaxing - the photos on the website don't do it justice. The room was very clean and quiet and the bed was comfortable. The innkeepers also give guests full use of the kitchen in the main inn including space in the fridge.

For breakfast, we had a sweet and savory dish on either day of our stay. Both mornings started with coffee/tea/cocoa, juice and a delicious yogurt, fruit and granola dish. Breakfast was served between 8:30 and 9:30am and brought to your seat (private or group seating). The savory dish was a southwestern scramble, bacon, and hash brown. The sweet dish was a scrumptious french toast with sausage.

Overall, we had a wonderful stay. The innkeepers and staff were very friendly and accomodating. They are more than willing to answer any questions you may have. We would highly recommend this bed and breakfast to a couple looking for a relaxing, romantic getaway.

What more than the Wyatt House?

by TripAdvisor Member SnoBunnyNH

We had a fantastic anniversary getaway! Amazing accommodations, incredible innkeepers, friendly guests, fantastic food... Trish and Elaine were wonderful hostesses. The inn was clean, warm and inviting! (and they have the most amazingly soft sheets on their beds... to die for!)

They helped my husband arrange for flowers and champagne upon arrival, gave us great recommendations for dinner out, and made our stay a great pleasure!

I can't wait to come back for a visit! Thank you for everything!

We would go back any day!

by TripAdvisor Member 2ofusMontreal

We were extremely pleased with our stay at the Wyatt House. The new owners, Trish and Elaine and very accomodating, friendly, and easy going. The room was very comfortable, with a great view from the balcony and the local 'goodies' in the room was a nice added touch!

The breakfasts were to die for and kept us fueled until dinner. Elaine makes some of the best cookies...to welcome guests to the Wyatt House and were always served with fresh afternoon coffee/hot chocolate or tea. When I got back home I tried replicating the recipe with one of her secret ingredients, but they just weren't the same. I guess we will have to go back!

The B&B is conveniently located near cross country trails and the owners are more than happy to set you up with trail tickets (and they are not out to make a profit, they want you to enjoy the area). There are also several downhill ski hills close by, one being Cranmore which is just up the road from their place.

We can't wait for our next getaway to North Conway and the Wyatt House!

Amazing Retreat

by TripAdvisor Member TusyaB

This is the place to go if you want to just get away from everything, yet still have the option to do nothing or everything in one place. My husband and I wanted a romantic getaway, we stayed in the Raphael Bedchamber. The room was amazing, just the right size for two, spotless, couldn't find a speck of dust if I tried. The fireplace was great and I am sure the jacuzzi was, but we didn't try it out. When we arrived, we could not see the view out of our huge patio door, it was very foggy. It was a pleasant surprise to finally see it the morning we were leaving, completely amazing! I would stay there again just for the view!

I've read reviews about the inn when it was under former management and was skeptical about going there, yet we decided to give it a try because the rates were great just before Christmas week (other places we looked at were over priced), and the new reviews looked good.

Our expectations were met and exceeded, we felt welcome. The breakfasts were amazing. It felt very country, homey, and warm being there. If you are the person who likes modern and cutting edge, this might not be for you. It was like going back in time and enjoying a weekend when life was much more simple!

I really liked the area too, despite cold and nasty weather, we could still explore a little in downtown and walk from shop to shop. The restaurants are great. I highly recommend the Flatbread company (in the Eastern Slope Inn) for casual dinners, and Horsefeathers - their lobster roll was amazing and the potatoes to die for, we asked for more and they brought a huge portion and didn't charge for it.

In bad weather, a great place to go with or without kids is the Mt. Washington weather exploration center right in downtown. It was fascinating! We really want to come back when it gets warmer, there is even more to do in the spring and summer months.

Trish and Elaine are very nice innkeepers. Keep up the great work!

Comments