121 Bow Street, Portsmouth, New Hampshire, 03801, United States
Booking.com Priceline.com eDreams

More about Ale House Inn

A boutique hotel worthy of the title

by TripAdvisor Member FreidaBrussels

We stayed for a night in the Ale House Inn in late April. The Inn has been fully renovated and the room that we were in, while small, was really well decorated in a modern, minimalist style. The bed was very comfortable, and I liked the choice of Aveda toiletries. The location is great for downtown Portsmouth, or if you were breaking a drive. Certainly somewhere I would be very happy stay again.

A must visit for anyone looking for the downtown Portsmouth experience.

by TripAdvisor Member New_England_Travener

The Ale House Inn has been recently redone and was perfect for our visit. Super comfortable. Very clean. Spartan, but not lacking in amenities which was a big feature for me as I hate overbearing clutter in some locations. Good hospitality resources for someone who is unfamiliar with the area and enjoys the spots the locals would patronize. Everything was in walking distance. Parking was conveniently located, especially for a downtown inn.

Home away from Home

by TripAdvisor Member cari26

Knowing that the Inn had been recently renovated we wanted to check it out. Right in the heart of Portsmouth, the Inn is walking distance to everything. We were provided with a pass, so we could park right next to the Inn, which was great as parking is tight in town. The Inn’s new look is beautifully designed. The décor is so well appointed, with lots of little details. There is a spacious sitting area when you walk into the Inn, which gives you a very homey welcome. The receptionist was so friendly and helpful with lots of tips about places to eat and local happenings. We loved the TV (very large) and the bed was very comfy. The Inn is freshy renovated, very clean, and in a fantastic location.

Fantastic experience - new modern room decor amid classic New England ambience

by TripAdvisor Member Supersonic_trip

Portsmouth is gorgeous any time of year with it's many boutique shops, excellent restaurants and historic architecture. I've traveled there many times for both work and pleasure.

While planning a recent trip to Portsmouth- I had heard about the Ale House Inn from some friends in Boston and decided to give it a try. Obviously- I checked out their website first - wow- modern elegant rooms, no tacky furnishings- that's a plus!

When I first walked there's a sitting room with exposed brick and classic New England seaport touches. Simple not over done. That's the theme here-without scrimping on style and comfort.

My room was tranquil, quiet and relaxing. I couldn't have designed a better room myself to be honest- I'd like my bedroom at home to be this nice!

Doug and the staff were great- friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating without being all up in your business. No nonsense - genuine hospitality. I appreciated that.

Although I've visited the area many times- they recommended a few places to check out that I had never been to. Good advise.

I'd definitely go back - no question. Thanks for making my stay easy and enjoyable!

Amazing Experience, Amazing Innkeepers, Amazing Weekend

by TripAdvisor Member cfovt

The Ale House is truly amazing. Innkeepers Doug and Dan could not be more friendly, hospitable, and fun! The inn is located in a great area of Portsmouth. The only thing needed was an extra day to stay longer!

Great inn in the heart of Portsmouth.

by TripAdvisor Member abinma

My wife and I have been to Portsmouth several times before but always stayed in one of the larger hotels. This visit we decided to stay someplace different. We are so glad we did! The Ale House Inn was so quaint and well designed. We will stay there from now on.

amazing!

by TripAdvisor Member porkchopchop

this place rocked. everything was perfect -- the rooms, the staff, the location - everything. i was traveling with my 10 month old baby and the staff couldn't have been more accommodating. we had an great experience

Excellent Place to Stay In Portsmouth

by TripAdvisor Member silvadus

This is a wonderful place to stay when in Portsmouth. The location is perfect, close to everything fun in the happening downtown area. The Inn itself is very chic and comfortable. The owners are fantastic. They were very helpful and accommodating. I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Portsmouth.

Delightful Inn for the tired traveler to get refreshed

by TripAdvisor Member 10beacon

This wonderful Inn is very centrally located with charm and ambiance. The room is very comfortable with a top quality coffee machine, in room, that includes hot choclate. I will be back!!

Over-rated, over-priced - AGREED!

by TripAdvisor Member pamwella

Stayed here for 4th of July. Rooms were small - cramped bathroom, and not well sound proofed. A real disappointment,

Comments