516 Steele Hill Road, Sanbornton, New Hampshire, 03269, United States
Travelocity Expedia.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Steele Hill Resorts

Attend a Church with a View...

by RhondaRuth

Believe it or not, this church was right behind me as I took the pictures of the views of Lake Winnisquam on our way to Steele Hill Resort. I admit that I loved the structure of the church as much as the view from their front door.

STEELE HILL RESORTS

by Pinoy

STEELE HILL RESORTS
US$60 - US$150 It has restaurant, lounge, indoor pools with water slides, hot tubs, sauna, fitness areas, racquetball, 1 & 2 bedroom condos, and full kitchens. Also the distance to Gunstock Recreational Center is about 15 miles.

A long history...great memories

by TripAdvisor Member nursagio

I have been a regular guest at Steele Hill Resorts in Sanbornton NH for many years now. Ever since I was a child I have watched Steele Hill grow into a beautiful resort that continues to serve its guest in the same professional and friendly manner that they have been for the past 20 years. My Family has always enjoyed the dining at Steele Hill Resorts, the food is always great and the service is always wonderful. Whether we are simply checking into our room or just looking for local attractions the front desk is always able to provide optimal information. The staff at Steele Hill Resorts is always trying to make sure that their guests are taken care of at whatever coast and that is a truly unique quality in today’s customer service industry. The pool at the west resort is always a child favorite. The children have a blast on the water slides and are always asking for quarters to play in the arcade room. I think that Steele Hill Resort is wonderful and I will continue to be a guest at Steele Hill Resorts until it comes time to pass on the tradition to my children.

great place for a family reunion

by TripAdvisor Member VermontShadow

We had our family reunion at Steele Hill Resorts the week of July21,2007. It was just wonderful. We have family members from 8 to 87 in age and from eastcoast, west coast and everywhere inbetween. There was something for everyone. Activities for the kids, golf for the adults, 2 indoor and 2 outdoor pools for everyone with water slides and the biggest hot tub I've ever seen. It's close to Lake Winnipesaukee and the White Mountians, so you can do it all without being in the middle of a tourIst trap. We went tubing and to water parks, the dog track, some even went into Boston to see the Sox play. We had very spacious 2 bedroom condo's with walkout backyards, gas grills, horse shoes, vollyball. We BBQed most nights. It was great. They also have an on site resturant that has great meals and on Thursday nite they have all you can eat Crablegs. They were the best we ever had and we know our crablegs. They also have a dinner theater on Tuesday nites, we didn't try it, but by the amount of cars in the parking lot, it must of been good. Last but not least, the staff. From Jan in reservations, the sweetest most helpful person you could ever have the pleasure of dealing with [I hope the big boys in the front office know how good you are] to the guys keeping the golf coarse in great shape. Thank You, The Beacham Family.

Loved the Plesant Staff

by TripAdvisor Member brittanycollins

I planned and went on the Steele Resorts work retreat. As someone planning it and then being able to see what your hard work went into I hoped to get the same experience back and did I ever! The staff was unbelievably friendly! I can not stress enough how wonderful and accommodating the staff was to our every need. I would ask them a question or for more towels or pizza for our late night snack and they had it done with no questions asked and with smiles on there face! They would go out of there way to get everything done for our group and done right. I have planned a lot of retreats for work and never felt such satisfaction from a place then I did from this bunch of staff and employees.

I only have two complaints, that being said complaint number one being that the cleanliness of our rooms was a problem. My sheets where dirty, when I first got in them and I turned my bed down bugs came out of the sheets. It was really gross and I was not the only one that had this problem other people I was with had stains on there sheets and found left over food in there bed and on the pull out sofas which we had people sleeping on.

The other complaint was that this was a retreat for work and though the staff was friendly the resort was not friendly for a working retreat. We did not have enough space to break out into sessions which we like to do right after lunch an instead of having lunch then breaking out into sessions we then had to have lunch get all bundled up again and then go down to the carriage house or back up to our rooms and meet there.

Other then that I really appreciate the staff's friendliness and willingness to work with me and my colleagues. Thank you very much!

I'll be back!

by TripAdvisor Member harley15

I took my family here for a little extended getaway. My first impression was this place is bigger than I thought. It sits at the top of a hill. The view was amazing. I stayed in a one bedroom suite at the east building. The room was very clean and welcoming. The first thing I did was pull back the draps and was greated by the most beautiful view I have ever seen. I was glad I decided to spring for the room with a balconey!

The restaurant has great early bird specials (all you can eat crab legs!) and My friends said the Glazed pork was good.

The pool was like an topical island. We really enjoyed it. We all agreed we would go back.

Great All Season getaway

by TripAdvisor Member hygienist

A friend of mine and her three daughters and my daughter stayed here during Feb. vacation 2007. We rented a town house, it had plenty of room for all six of us girls. Tastefully decorated with a working fireplace. Full Kitchen, two baths , large living room and dining room combo. Our balconey overlooked the mountains. private bedroom on first floor with another bedroom with two twin beds on second. The indoor pool has a couple of water slides to spas, Plenty to do. Sledding and ice skating available on property in the winter, and a golf course and fishing pond , basket ball court and playground . They also have dining availabel (very good). We were about 25 minutes from Gunstock mountain. I would recommend this place anytime of the year, i am defineltly looking forward to going back

Run Away, Run Far, Run Fast March 24

by TripAdvisor Member bahamamouse

We came as part of a Timeshare trade. Had been here in the past and found it to be Ok. Now Steele Hill West is showing its age. They are supposed to be updating the rooms - ours did not appear to have been worked on. Units are dark, drab and dreary and more than half of the light bulbs did not work. Phone upstairs did not work. Internet is available - free - but not working consistently. Front desk young ladies try to be helpful but don't seem to have a clue. Most pleasant people were the Custodial Staff (Brian) and the check in women. The lady at Member services means well but is kind of scary to deal with - skip the tour of the new South Building unless you want the 50.00 voucher for food. Towels are in good shape, beds and bedding are sad. Couch gave me hives.

The pool is awesome and probably the best feature of SHW. Many areas of disrepair, many excuses, not many answers, not much wilingness to help. Best suggestion is to go somewhere else.

Views in the area are beautiful - especially Bay Road. Quiet

RhondaRuth's View of Lake Winnisquam in Sanbornton

by RhondaRuth

"On our way to a wedding ..."

To Steele Hill Resort in Sanbornton, NH . We pulled over to get this picture of Lake Winnisquam.

"A lovely wedding at Steele Hill Resort"

My daughter and new son in-law make a wonderful couple! They had a lovely day and we had a wonderful time.

"The views from the resort were just as lovely."

I know this doesn't compare with some of the lovely views in Europe with the villiages in the vallleys by the lakes and mountains in the background. But maybe you've noticed that New Hampshire has an awful LOT of TREES. They're not in full foilage in this picture, but the colors of Summer and then in the Fall are spetacular.

I love New Hampshire for it's Lake and its Trees!

A Wintertime in New Hampshire

by Pinoy

On a Friday night of January 12, 2001, a group of us headed north to the Lakes Region and White Mountains of New Hampshire to ski on the slopes of Gunstock and Bretton Woods resorts.

Driving from Jersey City to Laconia took us 7 1/2 hours, because of the rubber necking and bumper to bumper traffics in George Washington Bridge. Then we followed a relaxing dinner at Hunan Cafe in Old Greenwich, Connecticut; exit 5. When we reached New Haven, there was another 5-mile of delay due to a vehicle accident. Finally and safely, we arrived in Steele Hill Resorts at 1:30 am.

We left New Hampshire on a Tuesday morning but before heading back to NY/NJ, we drove down country lanes, strolled around historic Main Streets, and shopped tax-free outlets and malls.

Comments