Seaview, A Dolce Resort Galloway

401 South New York Road, Galloway Township, New Jersey, 08205, United States
Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

More about Seaview, A Dolce Resort Galloway

Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa was Amazing!

I recently accompanied co-workers to the spa for an overnight to relax from the city life. This spa was gorgeous! All amenities were up-to-date and the staff was as courteous and as kind as I could want. Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa holds a prestigious name and for the Seaview Marriott to possess such a name on the hotel premises is very rewarding. Our experience at Red Door was everything I expected. (My facial was so soothing, I could have been mistaken that I was on Fifth Avenue, minus all the hustle and bustle outside!) If you have the chance to go to the Seaview Marriott and Spa, I suggest you at least take a look at Red Door; I promise you will not be let down.

Mixed bag

by TripAdvisor Member greenespace

As the title says, my stay was a real mixed bag. What they did well, they did very well- what they did poorly, they screwed up big time.

First of all, the property is beautiful- if you are looking for an older historic property, this is a good choice. It was built in 1914 and has retained a great deal of charm from that era. Rooms are comfortable and nice if not ostentatious. The grounds and golf course were nice as well, considering I was there before Spring hadn't really had a chance to take hold yet. The golf course staff was excellent- they went out of their way to drop me with my foursome when I arrived late... because of bad directions... given by the concierge!

Which leads me to the bad- it started when I was on the Garden State Expressway and called the hotel for directions. Once again, the concierge gave me directions that I followed closely- telling me to get off at exit 12- when in reality, the best exit was 5... which led me God only knows where. I called back and got someone else on the phone who also gave me misleading directions- this time telling me to turn around- when I was finally going the right direction. Finally, a very nice operator helped me to find the hotel- an hour and a half following my tee time. That was inexcusable- how can the concierge- the hotels assistant for guests- not know the right exit or direction to the hotel????

Secondly, the TV in my room didn't work. I had to call for help to get it working, which to their credit, they did. Third, Room Service closes at 11:00- and there's not much else in the area that stays open after 9:00. Because I got back late, I wasn't able to have dinner. Oncea gain, inexcusable for a hotel of this calibre not to have something available to guests after 11:00.

Overall, it's a nice place. My stay wasn't too bad once the wrinkles got worked out, but take my advice- get very good, detailed directions before you leave or you might end up in Delaware.

Recommend Highly

by TripAdvisor Member stevenap2000

My wife and I spent two nights there in April, basically to be close to Atlantic City. We were pleased in all respects. It's only a short 10 minute drive to AC and a great value considering. We had a lovely lunch and they offer a great breakfast buffet. The room was large enough, the bed very comfortable, the property very clean, and overall a lovely property. We don't play golf but if you do its obviously a real plus. For less than the price you will pay at a Days Inn in AC, you can stay in a really nice, classy historic property only a short drive away. We were very pleased in all respects.

Even if you HATE Atlantic City

by TripAdvisor Member worcesterkate

Our experience at The Seaview was ideal. From the moment we pulled up and noted the classic facade we knew we would have a great experience at The Seaview. Like most Marriot Resorts, the service is helpful, friendly but not familiar. The bell staff and front desk do a wonderful job of ensure that guests feel welcome and comfortable. The resort is well outside of Atlantic City, though certainly close enough to visit the casinos at your whim.

Our upgraded room was very comfortable featuring a terrific view, dining room, living room, bar, powder room, expanded closets and gorgeous bathroom. The rooms and common areas are far from modern but they are classic and nicely appointed.

Personally, I dislike Atlantic City so I was unsure about this get-away. But after a day at Elizabeth Arden, I was converted. I was very pleased with their services but I will mention that the manicure/pedicure services were not nearly as good as my regular salon and FAR more expensive. In the future I'll take care of those services at home and focus exclusively on the body and facial services. One more tip - I scheduled a shampoo and blow out at the end of my session and that made it much easier to be ready in time for dinner that evening!

The lobby bar is all that you look for in an old fashioned resort. The martini's were perfect, and the atmosphere is very relaxing. We dined outside of the hotel for the duration of our stay. But we plan to try the hotel's brunch in the future. We also did not use either golf course since this was a couple's weekend. But I expect that my husband will return quite soon to use their facilities. The golf clinics and training areas are offerings that every golfer should consider.

We did take the quick car ride into Atlantic City and had a pleasant time. Most particularly, I recommend Dock's Oyster House for dinner. The atmosphere is warm and while you can dress casually, you won't see the slovenly look so common in the restaurants housed in casinos. They offered at least 15 different types of oysters in the raw bar as well as a full complement of seafood and beef entrees. And if you enjoy oyster stew, be sure to try their's; it's terrific.

Another Nice Stay at the Seaview

I just had a very nice visit to the Seaview once again. I've stayed here previously for business meetings and also for pleasure with my family and each time has been terrific. I made my reservation the day of my visit via Marriott Rewards. I've used Marriott Rewards points at numerous properties in the past and sometimes you get the leftovers. Not this time. Beautiful room with a marble floor bathroom and an excellent shower. The bed was as comfortable as any hotel I've stayed at in the past. The staff was friendly and helpful, particularly with precise directions into Atlantic City. Understand that this is an old, historic hotel built at a time when sound deadening from hallway noice was not a priority so you will hear some late night revelers walking the halls at night. Not a complaint exactly, just a fact. However, don't let that keep you from coming. While I didn't eat here this time because it was a short visit, I've enjoyed the Main Dining Room several times. The lobby bar is quiet and refined but not nose upturning so go in and have a martini and just relax in a nice atmosphere.
Love the old indoor pool too.

Worth the trip

by TripAdvisor Member Harry4

What a pleasant surprise to visit this much heralded spot. The staff was attentive and knowlegable. The accomodations very good, but ask for a room away from elevator as the hotel is old and noise in the halls can be a problem.

This can be a very nice trip for the whole family. While it certainly caters to the golf set, the pools, tennis courts nearby beaches and boardwalks as well as game rooms and kid activities make it great fun for all. Our kids 8 and 13 loved their week stay. Some terrific restaurant nearby as well as in the hotel property. And we didn't go to Atlantic City.!

I would highly recommend this to NJ/PA/NYresidents and anyone wanting a week away with all the ammenities.

Nice Hotel w/ Golf, Spa, and close to AC

by TripAdvisor Member GoMets

Attended a corporate party at Seaview in Sept, 2005. The hotel is very nice, not 5 star (getting a little old), but still nice. The golf was ok, not great, especially for $129 weekend greens fees. The spa was very nice (according to my wife). AC has some nice hotels (Borgata, etc) but nothing like Vegas, so if you want a nice place with golf and a spa, but still be close to AC, this is it. The casual restaurant near the golf shop was excellent. Also, there are MVC Villas now that look great.

Wonderful weekend getaway

by TripAdvisor Member Momof3GorgeousGirls

My husband and I and three daughters, ages 5 and 2 year old twins, spent the weekend at the Seaview Resort to celebrate my Dad's 65th birthday. My sisters' families, parents and we totalled 16 people, including 8 grandchildren all under the age of 6. The hotel was lovely and was very kid-friendly, which surprised us because it is billed as an elite golf resort. We decided to go there because we heard of the great Elizabeth Arden and beautiful location. Everyone we encountered were pleasent and very nice to the children, which we as parent sappreciated.

The rooms are standard in layout, maybe a bit bigger in sq. feet, but meticulously clean. The housekeeping staff delivered the cribs and extra pillows with a smile. There is a very spaciious game room in the basement with air hockey, two pool tables, and some sofas and flat screen t.v.'s where the families could all just hang out and talk. The kids loved it especially.

We enjoyed my dad's birthday dinner in the large, main dining room, which was formal and beautifully appointed with a marvelous brass chandelier in the center. The service was attentive and the food delicious. Some prior reviews poo-poo'd this restaurant but I disagree. The seafood was tasty (some of us ordered the red snapper, the lobster, the stuffed flounder and the chicken) and fresh and the kid's meals were also good. The bill was only about $500 + tip for 16 of us, which is very reasonable. There is a less-formal pub next door which also looked good, but smaller and more conducive to less-than-formal behavior.

The Sunday brunch was outstanding, the Elizabeth Arden spa exceptional. I highly recommend it. The swimming pool is a bit small but the kids enjoyed it. The wall decor in the pool area looked like a prop from an Epcot ride in Disney. It was great.

I would recommend this resort to anybody. It is large, family-friendly, and more affordable when in the golf off-season. It is perfect to get away from the hustle and bustle of our busy weeks. Also try stopping by Smithville, an historic little village about two minutes away, which has great antiquing and carousel and train rides for the kids, and some cute shops and restaurants. Enjoy!

Pay Close Attention to Your Bill

by TripAdvisor Member PhillyTraveler1202

Just got back from a spa weekend with some friends. Between five of us, we spent more than $1,000 at the spa yesterday and three of us are writing complaints. They mis-billed two of us -- it took me two phone calls to correct my problem. With the exception of the massages 3 of us had, we all agreed the other services we got were "ok" but not worth the price. We weren't happy that they automatically tack on a 20% gratuity to each service, but we did understand why -- some of us just were not offered the opportunity to amend the tips. I also didn't appreciate that they automatically add $20 for lunch if you take a break between services -- even if you do not order lunch (this is what I had to dispute). A few of us also witnessed some unprofessional behavior among the staff that should not have been in front of customers -- especially at a luxury spa such as this.

The hotel was beautiful and the room was great; the housekeeping staff was excellent. We were charged for a rollaway bed that we did not receive but the front desk was good about correcting this error. Some guests behind me also seemed to be disputing charges on their bills.

Overall it was a disappointing experience, but I would stay at the hotel again -- just not waste my time at the spa. I would go into Atlantic City instead and use a spa at a casino hotel. So be really careful checking your bill when you check-out.

Nice Comfortable Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Tfam91

We stayed at the hotel for our anniversary. The hotel is very old but the rooms and hotel are kept up to date. The bathroom was VERY clean and the beds were clean and comfortable and I am very picky. Since it was our anniversary, they sent up a bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries for us which was a very nice surprise. Room rate was very reasonable and included an in room movie, pizza and drinks. Grounds were neat and staff very helpful and friendly. Quick 10 minutes to AC a plus.

Comments