Atlantic Palace Suites Hotel

1507 Boardwalk, Boardwalk &New York Avenue, Atlantic City, New Jersey, 08401, United States

Atlantic Palace
Priceline.com Booking.com Choice Hotels

Satisfaction Poor

• Great Location

The Atlantic Palace is located about midway on the boardwalk. We had booked for 3 adults, but had a change of plans with the addition of a 4th adult. The front desk clerk advised us that the room we had booked was not adequate for 4 adults. She upgraded us to a time share room at no additional charge. The room was comfortable and had a great view. The Atlantic Palace has a hot tub, pool, sauna, steam room and game room. It doesn't have a continental breakfast, but there is a cart downstairs that sells items for $1.75 each. There is a parking garage, but it is tight for larger vehicles. There are no elevators in the parking garage. I had read reviews that the hotel elevators were slow, but we didn't have to wait long for them. We really enjoyed our stay at the Altantic Palace. I would recommend it for its great location, decent rates and friendly employees.

More about Atlantic Palace Suites Hotel

Spacious rooms, great location!

The Atlantic Palace was a good deal. I stayed in a 2 bedroom suite and it was very spacious and clean. I did request early check-in but the room was not ready until 4 pm. Good location in the middle of the boardwalk, only a few blocks from casinos and the steel pier, so it is a good family location.

great views of ocean & city

by TripAdvisor Member rroman

I stayed here at the Atlantic Palace the 25th floor for 2 nights. The room was very clean, best views, nice decor, staff was ok. The onsite restaurant food was OK. We just had Breakfast there. It is conveniently right on the boardwalk. The bus stop to go to other far away casinos like the Borgata and Harrahs was a block walk away. There was a night club across the street, we did not go, too tired. This place was the best in AC for the money on the boardwalk, rooms are very roomy. We had a 1br suite huge bathroom w/ nice jacuzzi. Kitchen was well stocked and had 5 coffee mugs and all. We had no complaints, we will definetly go back and stay there.

Great time!

I was scared to death when I booked this hotel for my first time in Atlantic City- based solely on price- due to the many bad reviews. However, I found check in to be fast and the staff polite. Our room was clean and though our huge window faced another building it was still huge and we could see the ocean. The kitchen was helpful because it helped us save money by cooking breakfast in house. The hotel let us check out late, and the garage was well guarded. I think everyone needs to remember they are NOT Madonna, and if they want to be treated as such they need to head on over to the Borgata and pay four times as much. I had a wonderful time; thank you Atlantic Palace.

Great hotel. Great staff. Highly recommend!!!

We stayed in this hotel for our 5th anniversery. The desk staff was friendly and accomodating. The rooms were immaculate and clean. The views from the room were amazing. we checked in around noon. Which was really nice because we had left our home early and arrived in AC early. they helped us out and checked us in no problems. The front desk girl, Illeyana was very helpful and friendly! I would really stay here if you want a change from the smokey casinos. Very nice family friendly hotel with some of the friendliest staff I have ever met at a hotel!!!

Great Hotel, Great staff!!!

This is a great hotel. The staff is friendly. The rooms clean and most of all the price is right. If you're in Atlantic City, NJ check out this hotel. The front desk managers name is Dean and is very accomodating. If you need help with anything ask for him, he's very helpful.

Not as bad as folks say...but nothin' to write home about either!

Okay, my boyfriend and I stayed here (in a one bedroom suite) for a brief weekend visit (Oct. 15th-17th). I had already read some of the reviews from this website, so I was pretty prepared for "the worst." We brought extra towels and things like that "just in case," based on the reviews...LOL! However, upon our arrival, we were somewhat surprised. The front desk folks were very pleasant and welcoming. The parking was okay...lucked up on an "inside spot" and didn't move it all weekend (again, based on the reviews)...hahahahaha. The elevator wasn't too bad either (I guess because we got in around 9pm, there weren't many people waiting to go up or down). The room, I must say, was better than I envisioned, but it still wasn't quite up to snuff (if you're used to staying in a more upscale establishment). But hey, for the price, you get what you paid for! I must note for management -- yes, you do need to supply more towels in the room...there's no way around it! The bed is WAY to hard...I ended up sleeping on the sofa because it was softer!! And that furniture (overall)...just TOO TACKY!! It was all chipped up and scarred, and that little TV...hahahahaha, what a joke! I don't know if that was the "remodeled" version that folks have talked about, but if it was, I hate to see what it looked like before that!! LOL. At any rate, the place has some potential...it's just not for folks who generally stay in suites at 4 or 5 star hotels.

Staff lied twice...and got caught!

As a group leader I reserved a two bedroom suite for my family and I in Oct of 2004. We had reserved 27 rooms in all. Upon arrival I was told that my suite was occupied by someone that decided to stay an extra night and that I could have a one bedroom suite (still would have to pay for) and check into our two bedroom suite the next day after 11:00 am. I told the asst mananger that we would have to be at Boardwalk Hall by 10:00 am and would be unable to make the move. I suggested that she call the room and ask the people staying there if they would be willing to make an early check out. She told me that she wouldn't do that. I then asked her if all of the other two bedroom suites were already occupied and she told me that they were. After about 45 mins of arguing two women arrived to check into their 2 two bedroom suites. I was amazed that I was lied to and asked the asst manager if she could offer the one bedroom suite to the other woman for the night. She told me she wouldn't do that. That they had 10 people in their party and she wasn't willing to split them up. I then went up to the woman and asked how many people were in her party and she said there were 8 and that she'd be willing to take the one bedroom suite for the night. We were then reluctantly checked in to our room. Amazingly it was the same room that I had booked in Oct!! There was noone spending an extra night there!!! I don't know what the hotel was up to but it was a horrible way to do business...first she lied to us twice...then she seemed totally unwilling to accomadate us by even asking the other woman if she would take the one bedroom offer. Boardwalk Hall and the Philadelphia StringBand Association have a 10 year contract and I doubt that I will be looking into this hotel next year. Which is a shame because with 65 members in each band and 16 bands they would make a killing. I was not making any money on this I just wanted to get the hotel business and have our friends staying at the same place as us. I did alot of work putting together brochures stating rates, codes, etc. and did not appreciate the horrible treatment my husband, I , and our 3 children received.

Cheap place for a bachelor party but otherwise stay away!

I came here for a bachelor party on 4/2/05 and was not impressed by the hotel. I guess I should have known when they wouldn't list their actual address on their website! Anyhow, I had no problems with the staff but instead with what the rooms had to offer. The SOUNDPROOFING is AWFUL. I awoke early in the morning to hear people talking next door to me. Friends of mine woke up early as well to people in another room having sex. It's a cheap place-I've seen econolodges, motel 6's that were better in terms of room quality, but this is what you get for a high price in Atlantic City on the weekends! The towels were cheap and the rooms were "renovated" recently, which is scary to think about. However, the rooms were clean and did have a nice view of the beach. Stay away unless you're only staying for a brief time. Also, not particularly close to casinos or other attractions.

great location , great price

I stayed here two nights and had a great time. I liked this hotel because it did not have a casino in it, I was traviling with a teenager and it was good for us that she was not exposed to that. I plan on staying there again when I go back.

Comments