Bally's Atlantic City and Claridge Tower

Booking.com Expedia.com Tingo.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 54% more and rated 19% lower than other 4 star hotels

• ok but........

have stayed at Ballys numerous times. First let me say , the reviews about booking in the ballys then getting moved to the claridge are right. they did it to me once. But, since then i got a host and a rewards card and they do take care of me. I wouldnt recommend to go here if you are not a gambler, but overall i like the place. Truth is....Claridge is not a nice place at all, dennis towers are just ok, but the Ballys tower is good. Harrys restaurant is great downstairs for seafood. and the sunday buffet is excellent in my opinion. The rooms are in need of an upgrade and are worn down a bit. but the ballys tower (higher floors) are in good shape.

the bad--- lots of beggers and locals roaming the casino at times and they look like trouble.
    if you are not a player you will pay more than what the room is worth.
    watch the slamming elevator doors that will hurt you. They close too quick in the dennis tower.
    smokey casino (i smoke)
    very crowded even during weekdays

Unique Quality: good restaurants--Harrys, The reserve , Gentlmens club (players only)

great location--dont have to go outside to go to ceasars or wild wild west

slots actually pay out more than any other casino i been to in all of ac and i been to every one.

lots of fun machines

close to everything.

Directions: exit 38 on garden state parkway. then just follow the signs that say ballys

• iam1wthee's Profile Photo

Ballys Casino

I had access to Bally's facilities because I stayed at the Claridge, however, it is $10 to use the gym and the pool. The gym and the pool were indoors as well and a lot nicer than the one at Claridge.

All of the restaurants are located in this building.

Unique Quality: Its in the middle of the boardwalk and easily accessible to all parts. It is connected to Ceasars so you do not have to go outside when it rains.

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

center of everything

the best place to stay in atlantic city since it is located right in the middle of the action in the Boardwalk, the last time I was here in 2005, I got to stay in Harrah's (which is a sister company) but Harrah's is far from the Boardwalk and hence Bally's was the clear choice since nearby Ceasars was fully Booked and Bally's has a fairly good number of Gamong Tables at the Wild West area and the Claridge Tower area and the rooms here are also big so that we booked a double double room for 1 day and then moved to nearby Sheraton Hotel beside the Convention Center. Bally's is composed of two Main Buidlings (Bally's and Claridge Tower) and is connected by a Sky Bridge.

Unique Quality: actually free because I have a Harrah's card hehehe (being a gambler sometimes has it;s benefits) but an average room here will cost about $ 90 on weekdays and $ 150 on weekends if you don't have andy rewards plus cards. the 1750 room resort offers three separate casinos including the famous Wild West Casio an action packed themed entertainment complex complete with a 24 hour casino, western style restaurants and the Mountain Bar and the rooms here are huge, with excellent room service and wall art accented with dark wood furniture, 32 inch plasma TV for your viewing pleasure, Chic bathroom with rich granite vanity, tiled floors and heat lamp complete with timer and the best part is that the Claridge Casino is just at the second floor area.

Directions: Park Place and Boardwalk, 1900 Pacific Ave., Atlantic City, New Jersey, 08401, United States

• Do Not Stay Here - Claridge is a dump

Booked Ballys on Hotels.com but they put us in the Claridge "tower" which is really just the old Claridge Hotel. Guess what? They haven't updated that hotel since the 70's. It's a dump, plain and simple. The air conditioner could barely crank out any cold air, there was no refrigerator in the room, the bathroom was dirty with hair all over (and spiders). The rug was stained and smelled of old cigarettes, in fact the whole room smelled that way. It was musty and old. Nothing in that area of the hotel is updated and the elevators seemed treacherous. The walk to Ballys is long, especially if you self park in their garage. The rooms are so loud that you can hear every little peep above and below you. The people in the hallways were especially loud. The tvs did not get many channels at all. Good luck if you stay here. It's a shame that Ballys even owns it, they should be embarrassed. We will go back to the Taj from now on, the extra money is worth it.

Unique Quality: NONE! Smelled bad.

• Worst Experience Imaginable

I read the reviews beforehand and ignored them. I thought that the only people that make complaints are the select few that have problems during their stay. I should have listened and stayed far away from this hotel. This was the worst trip I could have ever imagined planning. I arrived at around 9pm, as I had said I would on my online reservation. I selected the "Premium" room with "generous bay windows with expansive views" when I made my reservation. When I arrived, the room I had selected was unavailable. The checking in process took forever. They sent me, instead, to the "newly renovated" Garden Tower. When I walked into my room, it hadn't been cleaned yet, at 9:30pm! When I looked out the "bay windows", the only view I had was of a rooftop. I called for the room to be cleaned three times before anyone arrived, over an hour later. I didn't get to eat until 11pm. I was too tired to do anything after all of this hassle, so I just went to bed. The next day, we went to play some slots. In the over two hours that we were at the slot machines, we got one drink. It took forever to get someone to take our order and then another half hour to get it. We got bored there easily. You cannot take any pictures inside the casinos, apparently. We went for a nice enough but very expensive Valentine's Day dinner at Arturo's. This was the highlight of our trip. After this, we went to the recommended Blue Martini for drinks. It was great there to start out with, the waitress brought us our drinks and the DJ was great. Then, two girls in fishnet tights and underwear got up on the stage behind the bar and started dancing, on Valentine's day! This was absolutely ridiculous. I was appalled by the lack of class this place had. If it was going to be a "Singles Night", they should have advertised that. When I spoke with the Manager about this, he tried to sweet talk me and makes my boyfriend seem like the problem. The problem was that I didn't feel comfortable having two girls shake their stuff in my face on my, what was meant to be, romantic weekend away with my boyfriend. After that, I spent a ridiculous amount of money on taxis to go elsewhere, as I would not spend another penny of my money in such a place. When we got back to the room, we ordered room service. It took over an hour and fifteen minutes to get some food and a bottle of wine delivered to our room. I was already asleep by the time they finally arrived. I checked out in the morning and when I arrived home, I checked my bank account and realized that on top of everything that I had to deal with all weekend, I had been charged double for my ridiculously priced two night stay at Bally's. When I called to complain and ask for my money back, the Customer Relations office and Accounting office were both closed for the day. I am now waiting to get a phone call back since 9:30am this morning and it is 1:30pm.

Unique Quality: None. You have to pay tp use the pool, watch a movie, everything!

• Bally's in AC

There are several different areas of accomidations at Bally's. The Claridge Hotel, Bally's, and the towers. All of the rooms have a mini fridge or better. The Claridge is at the far left side of the hotel furthest away from Ceasars. It is also the less expensive area of the hotel, with the Ballys section being more exspensive and the Towers would be were your suites would be located. One of the best things about Bally's is that it connects to Ceasers so it's like getting two for one! There are tons of resturants... too many to list.

Unique Quality: There are several pools at Bally's and a full service spa. There are hot tubs surrounded by gardens in a very cool dome style room. It's very relaxing and takes you away from the tables for a while.

• Terrible Experience

Made reservations to stay at Bally's upon arrival was told that all reservations booked on hotels.com must stay in the Claridge Tower (quite a walk to your room) only booked through Hotels.com because Bally's did not answer the phone or when they did you would conveniently be disconnected. Well it was a disaster light did not work upon arrival. The bathroom was so tiny and unclean it was terrible. I am sick about the nearly $800 we spent for a very terrible experience. I will never return!! And do not recommend this facility to anyone. Nothing they advertise is true, except the King bed but with a dirty blanket and sheets that would not stay on.

Unique Quality: There are NO outstanding characteristics to this place.

• It's a gamble at Bally's

I made reservations at Bally's and checked-in at the front desk where I was directed to my room. After getting lost and asking a few people, I realized my room was actually in the Claridge Hotel. Apparently, Bally's bought the Claridge.

I stayed in the Claridge in the 1960's and not much has changed. I should have noted the comments on this site because it all became too true. The some of the staff at Bally's - Claridge whatever is curt and misleading.

I'll book Ceasars next time.

Unique Quality: Good view of the ocean and centrally located.

• Always7696's Profile Photo

Bally's Hotel and Casino

I have no idea since a friend paid for the room.

Unique Quality: Very nice hotel rooms with great rooms. Free parking for hotel guests. If you are a member of Bally's health club they have a great inside pool, everyone else is in the outside pool. Nice casino. (I last stayed there Sept 1995 so things may have changed.)

• Mar 25, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Booked Ballys and got the Dumpage Casino. Will NEVER stay there ever again. Filthy,dirty old,nasty rooms. You want to go back to the 80's..got to the Claridge dump.