Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa

Architecture Luxury Travel Music
See Amenities
BlakEp's Profile Photo

What a Mess!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 9, 2011

I stayed at the Borgata on Thursday, July 21st. The following day the power went out. Once the power came back on I went to brush my teeth and brown sewage water came out. I turned on the shower and the same thing occurred. Flushed the toilet and again to my disgust brown water.
Here is where my real problem with the Borgata occurred. When I went to check out I informed the gentleman at the desk what just happened. With no compassion or sincerity he said "I will speak to my manager." He came back and said, "we are not offering any monetary compensation at this time." I was not looking for a free ride, I was looking for a "I'm sorry for your inconvenience, sir." I can afford to pay for my room, but there is an expectation that you will have clean water. Needless to say, I told the gentleman at the front desk that I was displeased by his coldness and lack of remorse.
Here is the worst part of the story......I was told that the Borgata would reach out to me in a "few days." I never heard from them. I understand that the sewage water issue may have been out of their control, however their response to the situation lacked class and integrity.
I attached photos that I took of my bathroom.

Directions: Marina Area

BORGATA IS NOT PEOPLE FRIENDLY

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 1, 2010

BORGATA REVIEW

My first trip to the Borgata in Atlantic City was very unpleasant. I found several of the Security people to be very rude, unrefined, and generally annoying. One female guard, who was built like a bowling ball with legs, has let the authority and power go to her head. Thank God they didn’t give her a gun. She needs to take a course in Personality101 and how to talk to people.

We were there for an Adam Lambert Concert on Saturday, June 26, 2010. Obviously, there was going to be many young people under the age of 21 walking around, waiting for the concert to start. There is no holding area. So, some people gambled and anyone under 21 just walked around like zombies waiting for the Concert to start.

I was there with my wife, my daughter, and my 12 year old granddaughter, who could not go on the Casino floor because of her age. After walking around the perimeter of the casino several times, we began to get tired. We found a chair that was not in the Casino and sat down. After about 5 minutes, Security came over and told us we couldn’t sit there. We started walking again and found a small platform in front of the Bobby Flay restaurant. We sat down. Another member of Security came over and told us we could not sit there either. She was quite rude and very nasty. Again, we were on the march. After some time, we stopped walking and leaned against a wall to rest, as we knew if we sat down, we would be shot. Another Security Guard came up to us and said that we were not allowed to stop moving. We cannot stop and lean against a wall. We cannot stop for any reason. We have to keep walking. At this point, I started to become very annoyed.

I decided to go to the Men’s room, where possibly I could find a place to sit without being harassed.
My granddaughter waited outside for me. I was only in there for about 4 minutes. When I came out, she said a Security person had questioned her and gave her a hard time because she was “Unescorted”. She explained that she was waiting for Grandpa and couldn’t go in with him for obvious reasons. At least they didn’t have her arrested.

Some of these Rent-A-Cop Security people do not know how to talk to people and act in a humane manner. That’s what happens when you hire uneducated, homeless, people and give them some authority. Again, Thank God they didn’t have guns.

If these are truly the rules for this Casino, then this is a place that I don’t want to be. As a result of this unpleasant experience, I will never go to the Borgata again. The Concerts, the Casino, the Hotel, and the Restaurants, will never see a penny of mine or my family. I will tell all my friends, co-workers, and anyone else I talk to, about this incident and suggest to them that they stay away also.

Directions: ATLANTIC CITY, NEW JERSEY

Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

An excellent choice for Ferni's Birthday!

by written on January 6, 2009

Because Ferni's birthday falls right after New Years, and commitments with work including having to be on call for emergenices, we decided that we would spend a few nights closer to home and we choose Atlantic City.

The Borgata was on our list of hotels to stay in and what better opportunity than during a special occassion to spend a few nights in such a beautiful hotel. The hotel is richly decorated with wonderful accents including what appears to be "Chihuly" art work on the ceilings and around the lobby and reception area. The hotel boasts a wonderful spa (next time), pool and workout room, a few restaurants, the casino and a convention center and of course gaming tables.

We were looking forward to our stay here and the hotel didn't dissapoint. Our room boasted a beautiful interior with light wood furnishings, a heavenly bed with Egyptian cotton linens, large couch and floor to celing windows, amazing bathroom with all the amenties a women can need or ask for.

Unique Quality: We booked into a Fiore King Suite with views of downtown Atlantic and so much more.

Our room was amazing!! From the wonderful King bed with Egyptian cotton linens, super comfy mattress, floor to ceiling windows, large living area with a nice couch, coffee table and armoir with a mini bar and tv, a nice lounge chair and ottoman, to the huge and wonderful bathroom with double sinks, large soaking tub for two, nice shower room, vanity and mirrored closet, who can ask for anything more?

garcom01's Profile Photo

not worth it

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 14, 2008

We stayed here Oct 08 for 2 nights. The service was poor and un-helpful during our stay. door card malfunctioned and the staff was 'too busy"to come up and open the door,-woman was in her bathrobe, with her card,having gone to the next room for something.
The location is out of the way, and there was no shuttle service, as other hotels here have.
room service was slow. Normally I put up with small inconveniences, but this was $300+ a night. My advice: stay on the strip.

April1985's Profile Photo

Take home the bed !

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 16, 2006

For my 21st Birthday, I went to the Borgata casino. And let me tell you, Oh my goodness, are those beds amazing! I only slept a few hours because I was up all night enjoying being 21 ! But it was the best night's sleep ive had in a while. They actually give you the option to buy the bed. (not that perticular one, but a new one) and if i had my own house, i would buy it in a heart beat! Anyway, It was really fun! And a great Place to stay!

I went there with my boyfriend a few friends. Check in was at 4:00 pm, there was no line. We had a comp, from using the black card, so we got a very nice room. The drapes in the room are "black out" drapes. so in the middle of the afternoon, if they are shut, it is pitch black. Perfect for anyone who wants those few extra hours of sleep in the morning. The shower was amazing. It was glass doors, with heavy silver handels, with nice marble floors, walls, and even a cozy seat for two! there is a marble shelf in there as well, with towels folded neatly on top. The toiletrees were adorable, they smells like mint, they had soap, shampoo, cream rinse, lotion, etc. all the basic free stuff.

Our view wasnt all that great, it looked like we were looking at the top of a roof.. and then the white horse pike, but i imagine if you were on the side you could probably see the ocean (from a distance) as it is not on the boardwalk, but about a mile or so away. Still you could probably get a nice view (but im not promising anything)!

THe buffet was a decent price, and I always enjoy it. There is a lot of food to choose from, and its very gourmet if ya know what I mean - they've got steak, chicken, pork, chinese, french, and how could we forget american? thats right, they have onion rings too folks ! If you pay in advance you dont have to wait in a long line, and trust me , that line can get long. Since I had a comp, I got to wait in the short line.

Unique Quality: The nightclub was fun, we went to the MIXX . Expensive drinks , great music , great fun ! one drink was about 7 bucks, and it was small, very small. They usually have celebrity DJ's, so its gets pretty packed. THe party usually goes until the party stops, so if theres a ton of people, the party will keep on going until people start falling over! Literally! Smoking is not aloud in clubs anymore, that law was actually passed on my birthday last year (april 15th) so I actually saw people being handed tickets for smoking, no joke, they were handed tickets! under cover policement maybe? either way, dont do it, its a nasty fine! (wish you were staying at a casino on the boardwalk huh?)

The slots are fun, although I do miss the sound of the "ching ching" when the money comes out, but they still have sounds, they're just electronic! Like mostly all casino's now, that decided to go digital. Some are really fun, they are almost like computer games, and very easy to lose money. JUst be smart , and you will walk away with your pride intact! Lucky me I broke even with 20 bucks and won 3 ! hahaha . FOr my first try , i think i did pretty well !

Amazing beds, Beautiful decor, great resturants, security guarding the elevators !!!! (a big pluss to keep out those stalkers )

They Accept : Cash, Check, Visa, American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Traveler's Check

pros: great club (the mixx nightclub), young people, beautiful building, beautiful rooms, beautiful everything, great buffet, fun games, security guarded elevators (so strange men dont follow you up to your room - they check to see if you have a door key), they accept VISA ! And world-class shopping boutiques, not to mention high luxury spa's , like the spa toccare !

cons: not on the boardwalk, away from other casinos (no casino hopping here) , expensive, smoke (but thats all casinos)

Directions: if your going there from the white horse pike (rt 30)then you want to stay in the left lane because to get to the borgata, you have to go over a bridge going towards brigantine,after that just follow the signs to the parking garage and you should be fine!

tuoedisni1's Profile Photo

Bachelorette Party Central

by written on June 4, 2006

As a native of New Jersey, I had always known Atlantic City as a place for gambling and nothing else. It had the beach and boardwalk, but smoke filled hotels catered mostly to the weekend gamers and retiree set.
I think the Borgata is slowly changing that image of Atlantic City. Definitely a change for the better. The hotel is beautiful - from the drive in to the casino floor to the rooms, everything is first class. Of course, you have to pay an arm and a leg for this class, but it's worth the splurge.
I had read many good and a few bad reviews before I went. Overall, I liked it and would definitely return. It is not on the boardwalk, but there is so much to entertain you that you'll never miss it. It is on par with the Vegas hotels. However, not everyone on the staff is friendly; some are downright rude. And for all that money, it's really a shame.

Unique Quality: If you go on a Saturday night, expect to be innundated with bachelorette/bachelor parties. And of all the places in A.C., this is the one you're most likely to spot a celebrity in.

Directions: This hotel is not on the boardwalk, it is pretty far in the Marina area.

Lady7's Profile Photo

Help getting accomodations

by written on April 23, 2005

Depending what your price range is, AC offers a variety of choices. Not all of them are 4 or 5 star like in the casinos which can run you up to $300 per night, but there are plenty in the $30-$50 range that are clean and close to the action. The farther out of AC that you go, the cheaper the accomidation. Feel free to contact me at VT and I'll see what I can find for you thru my job at The Visitors and Convention Authority. I might even open up my house to a few of you, and I have a pool! LOL!

Unique Quality: Most casinos offer spa and pool access, the newely opened Borgata also has internet access in every room. All places have access to local transportation in the city, and we have dozens of little restaurants to eat at. Be sure to make reservations, especially during the summer convention season, and check out the mid-week specials that the casinos run in the winter.

tpangelinan's Profile Photo

Borgata Hotel, that's livin'!

by written on March 27, 2005

The Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa is located on the back bay near the bridge. This is a beautiful structure that was built in 2003, it has more than 2,000 rooms, 5 fine dining restaurants, 7 casual, 5 bars and 3 spas. There is plenty to do here so check out the website below for more detail and reservations.

Nearby Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa

• Casino
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Atlantic City Travel Forum

Need advice about Atlantic City, New Jersey? Visit the Travel Forum for Atlantic City and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Atlantic City hotel reviews