Harrahs Atlantic City

FatesWarn's Profile Photo

Excellent Choice Off the Boardwalk

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 13, 2014

I used to prefer boardwalk locations, but there's really not much to choose from these days. I used to stay at the Showboat (another Total Rewards property) because my husband and I would go to concerts at the House of Blues. Now those same concerts are being spread between the Borgata and the Concert Venue at Harrah's.
When we first arrived, we parked at the self-park garage - first thing I noticed right off the bat was that they didn't do that stupid, super-irritating thing that the Showboat did, which was charge for parking when you arrived. I don't know about you, but I forget my Total Rewards card EVERY time, so I would have to pay the higher price and then fuss with getting the difference back at customer service when I picked up new copies of my cards. So at Harrah's, you see the signs to remind you to GET a card, but you pay when you leave. Yay!
When we walked in the doors we were immediately smacked in the face with cigarette smoke... this is not the Vegas Strip - more like the poorly ventilated properties on Fremont Street. On our way to the front desk, we found little pockets of air and eventually the disgusting smell cleared up. The front desk was well-staffed and efficient, we checked in pretty quickly for a Friday night (waited less than 5 minutes for a clerk).
Our room was very nice - we stayed on the 26th floor of the Waterview tower. Our elevators were right in front of the Pool Nightclub entrance, so that was a comical scene for a "been there, done that" couple. My only beef with the room was that we noticed smoke in our bathroom - it seemed to be coming through the vents. I called the front desk to confirm that we were on a non-smoking floor and inquire whether the floor above was smoking (I failed to ask about the floor below and I think that might have been the culprit - that's probably why they separate the elevators). They said they would send someone to check it out, but it never got better.
The prices for alcohol at the bars were outrageous, but it's not like you could get anyone to show up and bring you a drink if you played a machine. This is possibly a window into why AC is failing... they haven't quite figured out that people are looser with their money when they're buzzed. Instead, they'd prefer to overcharge us for booze leading to people bringing it in and just having a few drinks in their room instead (NOT at the tables and machines).

Unique Quality: While the overall experience at this property leaves me with little desire to travel to AC for relaxation or gambling, the reason I was there was for a concert at The Concert Venue. The Venue was beautiful. The seats were comfortable and even on the balcony, every seat had an excellent view due to the thoughtful construction of this venue.

My only gripe... back to the booze. Seriously, I drink very little compared to many, probably an average of 2-3 drinks a week (if that), but when I go out to a concert and I don't have to drive home, I want to have those 2-3 drinks. My husband went out to get us drinks and came back with only mine, he handed it to me and then left; I realized just then that they were only letting him buy ONE drink at a time. REALLY?! He confirmed when he got back; not only that, but the easier spot for him to get beer RAN OUT OF BEER. I'll say it again... this is why AC is failing. This would never ever ever happen in Vegas.

Overall, if there's an artist you want to see and they're playing The Concert Venue, go for it and stay at Harrah's - it's easy, the price is reasonable, the venue is leaps and bounds better than any Philly concert venue that hosts the artists I follow, and you won't have to worry about driving home late at night. That said, if you're thinking of going just to check out the shore, I would steer you to Cape May. If it's casinos, I'd tell you to just go to Vegas.

Terrible Customer Service!!!!

by written on February 8, 2013

Absolutely terrible Customer Service......I just had a very disappointing experience with this resort and for the future will not stay here. My family has been loyal to the hotel for many years but I just found out that the hotel is not interested in keeping customers. I had a request and spoke to the front desk manager Christy. She did not help me and did not seem any concern for keeping good customer relations. I then asked to speak with the general manager. Instead the manager of Customer Relations spoke with me- Tina Brown. She also did not seem to think there was a reason to retain customers (and she is the manager..go figure). In fact when I told her that I was unhappy with the customer service (or really lack of) she actually laughed at me on the phone. At this point, this is the end of my relations with this hotel and will now stay at other hotels in Atlantic City. What a way to loose a customer...

Horrible Service!!

by written on June 19, 2012

Stayed Sun-Fri in Waterfront premium. Room was nice, general staff was nice. the pool closed early every day we were there between 5-6:30 and is only open til 7 anyway. most of the stay was ok until checkout time. There was a half hour wait in line, then i was billed incorrectly for over $150 in charges, when i went to explain to the manager "Nisha" I was amazed by how ignorant she was. I was simply trying to explain to her which charges were incorrect and why and she just kept speaking over me and would not even give me the opportunity to talk. She continually just said, they are what they are and there is nothing we can do about it, if you have a problem with it then dispute it with your credit card company. After wasting another extremely frustrating half hour being treated like scum with her i left and took her advice and called my cc company. I have never been treated like that by any type of management or staff anywhere and was completely appalled. I actually had an extra $1000 i was planning on betting with before leaving also which i ended up taking to the Borgata. I will never stay there again and would highly recommend against it. After sharing my experience, i have heard this is very common under their new management. It's a shame because the casino is pretty nice.

Directions: Marina

WORST experience of my life!!!

by written on June 7, 2012

My mom, cousin and I stayed here. we had pre-ordered two beds, when we arrived there was only ONE king sized bed. So my mom confronted the people at the front desk and the lady said it would only be $40 total to upgrade to two beds for the entire trip. My mom hesitantly paid because we were promised two beds originally but three people in one bed wouldn't work, so she paid. At the end of the trip it ends up she lied to us and it was $40 a night . Also when we arrived to our room, the room was not cleaned, my cousin stepped on a piece of glass, found a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. When I went to get into bed there were stains all over the blankets and bed spread. And to make it all worse money was stolen from my wallet I had over $300 dollar's in it and they only left me $20 for the rest of my trip. This was the worst experience of my life!

Unique Quality: none the pool is only open to people 21 and older and the "kids pool" was barely open. the hallway that lead to the games room and "kids" pool smelled like throw up and pee and the games were sticky like they have never been cleaned!

Harrah's Bad Customer Service

by written on May 24, 2012

Spent two nights at the hotel, gambling and eating. On the final morning, my chips were stolen in full view of the pit boss, the camera's, the dealer and other players. The casino not only did not make good on what was stolen, they tried to tell me it was an accident the the patron beside me, took my chips, along with my chips that were on the roulette table during a bet. I was treated as if I was wrong. I was told sorry, but that was the breaks.

Unique Quality: The rooms were dirty, no maid service for two days.

iam1wthee's Profile Photo

Harrahs Resort & Casino

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 13, 2011

I got this room thru their comp program by signing up with their Total Rewards cards.
The rooms are clean and of a decent size. The bathtub is a little tight for those over 6ft.

Unique Quality: Views are nice all over. There is a fun center for both adults and kids. They have a spa, decent gym, a beautiful club called the pool which is actually used for a pool during the day, a few bars, and several restaurants.

You have to pay for the water in the gym. The food is more expensive than anywhere else.

There is a shuttle that takes you to the boardwalk and the jitney bus which has a price stops in front of the property. The jitney is much faster. They charge you everytime you leave the parking garage. If you park in public parking they will TOW your car around midnight. The signs are misleading.

Directions: It is on the border of Brigatine, NJ and Atlantic City, NJ

Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

A fun and unexpected stay

by written on July 15, 2009

Ferni was intent on coming to AC this particular weekend and since we booked last minute and during a weekend, we paid the price. The Harrah's happen to be the only hotel that had a room available that was less than $250 the night we were here, so we promptly booked it at a rate of $179 (had we come the night before, we would have had the room for $49).

With that said, Harrah's was an excellent stay and the hotel is very nice with all the amenities you can think of. Our room, a king marina view was a really nice size room with a window overlooking the marina. The bed was fantastic and is always a highligh for me to sleep in a king bed. The room had a couch, chair and a table (I personally didn't notice internet access, but I am sure they had it). The tv wasn't a flat screen, but when you're in AC, you spend very little time in your room, so we didn't care.

The bathroom was also a very nice size with all the amenities you would think of.

*** Plan to stay at casino hotels Sun-Thurs and you will pay but a fraction of the cost, also, definitely check internet and other sites for better rates. We are Reward Members and we would have paid $49 for this particular room had we been here the night before***

Unique Quality: I enjoy staying at the hotels in the marina area better because you don't get that "bad element" you do at the Boardwalk hotels. The Harrah's has was a great stay with a very comfy bed, great places to eat and wonderful nightlife. Will definitely stay here again.

VZ-Pam's Profile Photo

casino turns resort town

by written on July 27, 2008

Besides casino, visitors to Harrah's can indulge themselves in Harrah's luxurious facilites and services. Harrah's new Waterfront Tower offers the finest entertaintain and resort facilities like the new indoor pool (THE POOL) with palm trees & a tropical like environment under a glass doom with hot tubs & private cabanas. The pool place also served food from its Waterfront Buffets and drinks from the bar by the pool side.
If you need extra pampering and relaxation, the RED DOOR SPA is available and services is excellent. If you need entertainment shows, you can have it at The Concert Venue inside.
For more family fun, you can go on the fourth floor of the Harbour Tower which Harrah's has a new Family Fun Center. It has lots of arcade games, 18 hole miniature golf, Water Wars water balloon game. I am sure people will get a lot of fun from this place.

Unique Quality: Great Pool

machomikemd's Profile Photo

Far from the Congestion of Atlantic Boardwark!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 14, 2007

Ceasars Entertainment Inc. is a gaming corporation that presently owns and operates casinos, hotels, and six golf courses under several brands( Bally's, Harrah's, Ceasar's, etc.). The company is based in Las Vegas, Nevada and is the largest gaming company in the world, with yearly revenues around $7.11 billion. It owns and operates Harrah's Atlantic City.
Harrah's Atlantic City is located approximately two miles from the Atlantic City Boardwalk, three miles from beaches, and 12 miles from Atlantic City International Airport. This location is also 10 miles from Storybook Land, 12 miles from the Brigantine Wildlife Preserve, and 15 miles from Ocean City Boardwalk.
Hotel amenities include the indoor pool, fitness center, Jacuzzi, sauna, Talk of the Walk (clothes shop), Harrah's Gift Shop, Xhibition Bar (shows), Eden Lounge (nightclub), and 24-hour casino with slots, table games, a poker room, and Keno. Dining is available at the Steakhouse (reservations required), Fantasea Reef Buffet, Reflections Cafe, Corner Grille, Club Cappuccino (coffee bar), Bluepoint (bar), and Polistina's Italian Ristorante (family-style, casual Italian).

Unique Quality: Since my nephew at a Harrah's Loyalty Card, we stayed there for free for 2 days and had a de luxe twin room. The interiors were ok, the beds were large, the bathroom was roomy and the bar was well stocked. We at Dinner at Fantasea Buffet at USD 27 for a buffet all in. We ate breakfast a (Po Boy) at Corner Grille and Lunch at Polistina. It's east to lose money here since there are literally rows upon rows of slot machines and gaming table filled mostly with senior citizens and couples. Macau casino's don't have spanish 21 and keno.

Directions: 777 Harrahs Blvd, Atlantic City, NJ 08401

tpangelinan's Profile Photo

Check out Harrah's

by written on March 27, 2005

The Harrah's Hotel & Casino is located on the back bay at the marina and the bridge. This hotel has 4 towers with around 1,600 rooms and suites. Has 7 restaurants, bars lounge with live entertainment every night, plenty to keep you busy. Check out the website below for more information.

gamerreview Apr 21, 2013 at 4:53 AM

Terrible organization

There is a general theme for all caesars owned props today, that being no one cares from the top down. The company is all about cash flow so they will mis-bill and then not help to resolve your issue forcing you to dispute with the credit card company. They need cash flow to stay in business since the past acquisitions and really bad management decisions of the last few years during the economic slowdown dont force them into bankruptcy where a judge would break up the company since its debt load is so enormous its not a viable going concern any longer. Most of their props are aging and if not already in dis-repair are well on their way. My wife played at harrahs one weekend and accumulated over 5700 tier credits. Do the math this is a lot of coin in. inWhen asked to see a host to discuss comping i was told to use total reward comps. I said that my wife gave them a lot of play and i wanted to discuss it they said that the state wont let them comp which is a lie, then they said the company wont let them, which is also a lie because 2 months earlier a horseshoe comped eveything and i told them that, and finally was told they wont do it and they just hung the phone up. Suffuce to say were never playing at vaesars props again. again. Will always travel to MGM Resorts props from now on which is the best in the business. Ac needs one bad and the governor should override the casino commission and BEG them to build!!!!! Give them anything they want because they truly are a class organization. A far cry from caesars!!!!!!

Nearby Harrahs Atlantic City

• Spa
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Atlantic City Travel Forum

Need advice about Atlantic City, New Jersey? Visit the Travel Forum for Atlantic City and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Atlantic City hotel reviews