Royal Suites at Atlantic Palace

Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 2 reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 101 reviews

repeated mistakes-poor customer service

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 1, 2011

On Wednesday 7/28/2011 we arrived at the hotel around 6pm. My husband went to check in and We were given paperwork and keys for room 2107. bell hop brought our luggage to this room and good heartedly endured my kids millions of questions. We could not get our keys to work and bell hop thought it was the magnetic strip.. While I was waiting to my surprise someone came out of this room and said he also just checked in and this was his room. I waited for bell hop to get back and told him what happened. He apologized and said lets go back down to the office. So we went to the office totally understanding because "things happen" and were greeted by two font dest clerks. Both of the young ladies were very apologetic and gave us another set keys to a different room 2704. We were very pleased with this room and began to unload our luggage and while we were helping empty the cart we noticed there was no pull out bed. bell hop again said lets go down stairs and figure this out. So we went to the office for now the 3rd time with my 4 and 6 year old. And for the 3rd time the front desk was very apologetic and said they had to shift some things around and managed to accommodate us. We were given keys to our final destination room 2903. Upon entering this room we were instantly hit with a stale smoke smell and we were not thrilled about the dark dated room, lack of space, no dresser and murphy bed. We again called down to the desk. I mentioned to the associate that we were unhappy with this room and told them that both of my children are asthmatic and we had concerns about the smell. The desk associate said there was nothing they could do. She said that our rate was not for the room we were in and she didn't know who we spoke to and we were misled that we were getting a pull out bed. It is at this time I mentioned documented e-mail correspondence and she offered to talk to a manager to upgrade our room for 30 dollars a night but she could not make any promises. A few hours later and still no contact by a manager, My husband opened the fridge door and a self collapsed. At this point I am very upset and call down to the front desk. I asked to talk to a manager. She asked why and if she could help me. I than relayed everything I had already said to the other associate who never got back to me and said I need a mop and a broom to clean up the glass. She apologized and I said that I wanted to be moved and to talk to a manager. About 20-30 minutes later both front desk associates (still no manager) came to the door with a mop and broom to clean the mess. I ask them if they can smell the the room and they both said no , and I am astounded.. At this point I am frustrated and I feel that I am getting no satisfaction/compensation. I ask again to be moved and was told there was nothing they could do. I ask if we chose to leave and book another hotel could we have a refund and she said no but we could petition for a refund. Discouraged I asked to go back to the second room 2704 and asked if they could give us a roll away bed. She said there was no roll away bed available but to let her know if we still wanted to go back to that room. I was not going to make my children sleep on the floor so with out any options we stayed in room 2903. We come to atlantic city twice a summer and I can honestly say we will NEVER book another room with Atlantic palace suites. A manager never came to talk to us we had to write customer service and were basicly told there was no way there was a smell in the room and that none of the staff smoke and they would have used a machine to clean the air! As far as our smelly room we could not be moved because the hotel was full and could not have our money back because we booked this room. THIS WAS NOT THE ROOM WE BOOKED! We were stuck because we spent 900 dollars and could not afford to risk not getting refunded! DO NOT STAY HERE!

Unique Quality: Long wait for 3 elavators for 30 floors of guests and staff.

Directions: right on the board walk

Love this hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 23, 2010

I absolutely love this hotel, go to atlantic city almost every summer and have stayed at this hotel most of the time, and the reason i haven't stayed there all the time is because I may have gotten a free room at another hotel for timeshare purposes. This hotel is nice, clean and is in prime location, it is right on the board walk in the middle of everything and for about $90 a night Sunday thru Thursday and $145 on the weekends you can't beat the prices. I have advised all my friends to stay at this hotel. I am a 35yr old wife and mother of 2 and if I dont free room I'll be at the Atlantic Palace.

Unique Quality: Nice room, good price and nice amenities.

Directions: On the broard walk

Nearby Royal Suites at Atlantic Palace

Royal Suites at Atlantic Palace

• Royal Hotel Atlantic City Palace
  • Royal Suites At Atlantic Palace Hotel Atlantic City

Address: New York Ave. & Boardwalk, Atlantic City, New Jersey, 08401, United States

Amenities at Royal Suites at Atlantic Palace

• Business Services
  • Kitchenette
  • Free High Speed Internet

Atlantic City Travel Forum

Need advice about Atlantic City, New Jersey? Visit the Travel Forum for Atlantic City and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Atlantic City hotel reviews

Borgata Hotel and Casino
Abescon
The Concert Venue at Harrah's
Things to Do
All sorts of breakfast options
Good breakfast
Great pasta!
Great Burgers!
Free Shuttle from Train
Transportation
Revel Resort and Casino(CLOSED)
Trump Taj Mahal(CLOSED)
Resorts Hotel & Casino
Things to Do
Not Just for Gamblers....
Driving to Atlantic City
Great Place with a Beach View
Train to Atlantic City from Philadelphia
Buffet time!
Resorts Casino
Korean War Memorial
The Boardwalk
Things to Do
Catch a Jitney anytime of the day or night.
Transportation
St side near Bally's etc...
Feeding the Pigeons
Did We?
Gambling in Atlantic City
Things to Do
Sales Tax in Atlantic City!
Local Customs
Parking Rates in Atlantic City!
Local Customs
Tipping Cocktail Waitresses et al.
Tipping in Casinos
the Premium Factory Outlets of THE WALK
Ceasars Atlantic City
Shop, Dine, Stay, Gamble at Bally's
Atlantic City By Large SUV
Transportation
Driving to Atlantic City (Fron New York)
Transportation
Driving to Atlantic City (from Philly)
Atlantic City Refrigerator Magnets