Royal Suites at Atlantic Palace

New York Ave. & Boardwalk, Atlantic City, New Jersey, 08401, United States

Tingo.com

Satisfaction Poor

• repeated mistakes-poor customer service

On Wednesday 7/28/2011 we arrived at the hotel around 6pm. My husband went to check in and We were given paperwork and keys for room 2107. bell hop brought our luggage to this room and good heartedly endured my kids millions of questions. We could not get our keys to work and bell hop thought it was the magnetic strip.. While I was waiting to my surprise someone came out of this room and said he also just checked in and this was his room. I waited for bell hop to get back and told him what happened. He apologized and said lets go back down to the office. So we went to the office totally understanding because "things happen" and were greeted by two font dest clerks. Both of the young ladies were very apologetic and gave us another set keys to a different room 2704. We were very pleased with this room and began to unload our luggage and while we were helping empty the cart we noticed there was no pull out bed. bell hop again said lets go down stairs and figure this out. So we went to the office for now the 3rd time with my 4 and 6 year old. And for the 3rd time the front desk was very apologetic and said they had to shift some things around and managed to accommodate us. We were given keys to our final destination room 2903. Upon entering this room we were instantly hit with a stale smoke smell and we were not thrilled about the dark dated room, lack of space, no dresser and murphy bed. We again called down to the desk. I mentioned to the associate that we were unhappy with this room and told them that both of my children are asthmatic and we had concerns about the smell. The desk associate said there was nothing they could do. She said that our rate was not for the room we were in and she didn't know who we spoke to and we were misled that we were getting a pull out bed. It is at this time I mentioned documented e-mail correspondence and she offered to talk to a manager to upgrade our room for 30 dollars a night but she could not make any promises. A few hours later and still no contact by a manager, My husband opened the fridge door and a self collapsed. At this point I am very upset and call down to the front desk. I asked to talk to a manager. She asked why and if she could help me. I than relayed everything I had already said to the other associate who never got back to me and said I need a mop and a broom to clean up the glass. She apologized and I said that I wanted to be moved and to talk to a manager. About 20-30 minutes later both front desk associates (still no manager) came to the door with a mop and broom to clean the mess. I ask them if they can smell the the room and they both said no , and I am astounded.. At this point I am frustrated and I feel that I am getting no satisfaction/compensation. I ask again to be moved and was told there was nothing they could do. I ask if we chose to leave and book another hotel could we have a refund and she said no but we could petition for a refund. Discouraged I asked to go back to the second room 2704 and asked if they could give us a roll away bed. She said there was no roll away bed available but to let her know if we still wanted to go back to that room. I was not going to make my children sleep on the floor so with out any options we stayed in room 2903. We come to atlantic city twice a summer and I can honestly say we will NEVER book another room with Atlantic palace suites. A manager never came to talk to us we had to write customer service and were basicly told there was no way there was a smell in the room and that none of the staff smoke and they would have used a machine to clean the air! As far as our smelly room we could not be moved because the hotel was full and could not have our money back because we booked this room. THIS WAS NOT THE ROOM WE BOOKED! We were stuck because we spent 900 dollars and could not afford to risk not getting refunded! DO NOT STAY HERE!

Unique Quality: Long wait for 3 elavators for 30 floors of guests and staff.

Directions: right on the board walk

• Love this hotel

I absolutely love this hotel, go to atlantic city almost every summer and have stayed at this hotel most of the time, and the reason i haven't stayed there all the time is because I may have gotten a free room at another hotel for timeshare purposes. This hotel is nice, clean and is in prime location, it is right on the board walk in the middle of everything and for about $90 a night Sunday thru Thursday and $145 on the weekends you can't beat the prices. I have advised all my friends to stay at this hotel. I am a 35yr old wife and mother of 2 and if I dont free room I'll be at the Atlantic Palace.

Unique Quality: Nice room, good price and nice amenities.

Directions: On the broard walk

More about Royal Suites at Atlantic Palace

Montreal weekend in Dec.

by JOJOZ112

Hi Everyone! Me and two of my friends will be vacationing in Montreal from Dec 17- Dec 19th. Anyone have some good hotel suggestions? We are looking for a nice hotel, with great views, maybe something with a spa, that is also close to the shopping district.
Also, would a hotel help us find a good place to go horseback riding, or is it too cold by then to do that with the horses?
Does Montreal have any Christmas attractions around the town, and if so, what are some of them?
Thanks so much VT's!

Re: Montreal weekend in Dec.

by Radiomom

This goes back about five years (wow, it went so fast) but we had a 2-bedroom suite at Chateau Royal Suites in Montreal, which was nice and spacious, with a delightful coffee shop/patisserie downstairs for breakfast. It was walking distance to sooooooo much. I've got some friends who were there more recently, let me see if I can scrounge up their recommendations. If there is snow, you might be able to arrange a ski-trip from your hotel to Mt Tremblant?
However, we loved the shopping and restaurants and music scene in Montreal, so there will be plenty for you to do. There was ice skating on the waterfront. (I remember this primarily because I broke my wrist...but, that's another story.)

Re: Montreal weekend in Dec.

by 100ACRE

Hi -

Go to this intro page "Welcome to North America!"

(copy and paste this link in your browser)

Have a great time!