801 Boardwalk, PO Box 840, Atlantic City, New Jersey, 08401, United States

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Gillybob's Profile Photo

Great casino

Located near the Marina inlet end of Atlantic City's Boardwalk, the Showboat is an AC classic. Rooms here are adequately spacious and the hotel hosts a number of dining options, as well as the ubiquitous casino.

The casino floor offers numerous gaming options including poker, roulette, craps, blackjack with slots taking up a number of areas around the tables.

I enjoyed a 3-night stay in mid-October, as it happened, just one week prior to the New Jersey shore being stricken by Superstorm Sandy.

My room was adequately furnished with king-sized bed, two easy chairs, occasional table and TV cabinet (with drawers).

The en suite was functional and the usual complementary toiletries were supplied.

This is by no means a modern, upmarket option, however, it is well located on the Boardwalk and offers budget dining options as well as upmarket restaurants.

Unique Quality: Showboat is a Harrah's (Caesars Entertainment Group) property and a shuttle bus (free use for guests) operates between this property, Caesars and Harrah's (which is located in the Marina district). This is a great option if you don't feel up to walking between the properties.

Directions: There is a free shuttle bus which connects the Atlantic City train station with the various casino hotels.

• Andreja86's Profile Photo

Showboat

I stayed one night at Showboat Casino Hotel in mid June.
    It was a funny experience for a young european student like me. The casino was full of american seniors which seemed to be part of the old middle class of America.
    If you just want to take a look at Atlantic city and "smell" a different part of America you should try this hotel.

The room was large, clean but the view was bad. But what can you expect when you pay $80 for a hotel with a free buffet?

The front desk was very helpfull but the "help desk" seemed to know nothing about parking or the restaurants.

The hotel is on the boardway and is therefore very central.

• iam1wthee's Profile Photo

Showboat

The view in the room was ok. You had to stand to the far left to see the water. However, the hallway had a large window facing the ocean. Decor is nice and room clean. Two of the outlets in my room did not work. Beds are not comfortable to sleep in.

Unique Quality: The room is a very nice size and the bathroom was huge. checkout time is at noon.
    The gym was a good size but did not have a wide variety of machines.

Directions: southern end of boardwalk near the amusement park and museum

More about Showboat Casino Hotel

Casino Touring

by matt1168

Although not as many casinos as in Las Vegas or Reno, Atlantic City is the Casino Gaming Meca of the East Coast, (but casino gambling isn't promoted as much here as in Vegas) and all the themed casinos should be toured. It should take a little more than half a day to tour all the casinos in Atlantic City, and you'll problably want to stay at each for a little while.

Reccommended touring route:

Starting at the north end of the boardwalk (at the Showboat Casino-Hotel) you will make your way south. Start with the Showboat, the beach's furthest casino north and my personal favorite. The Showboat is a Cajun-New Orleans themed casino. As you make your way south, visit the Trump Taj Mahal, Resorts, Sands and the Claridge, Ballys, Wild West Casino, Trump Plaza, Tropicana, and finally the Hilton. Then take a JITNEY (see transportation) ride upto the Marina district, and visit the brand-new BORGOTA (WOW!!!!) Casino, as well as Harrah's and the Trump Marina.

Wonderful service, Have visited all resturants during different trips with excellent service and fast seating. Have used both self-parking and valet parking and find the people friendly and pleasant. The floor servers are polite--although they at times are very busy and take awhile to get back to you with whatever you ordered, be it a mixed drink, coffee, tea, water or a special (like a snack or cigarttes). I liked the old comp rating system better than the one they have now and enjoy it when I put my card into the machine and find what my latest tier score and comp ratings are. Although I do like the "old-type" slot machines which drop the real coins into the tray, I understand why some folks like the slots that shoot out the paper tickets. (Paper tickets are more Health-safe and you don't get your hands dirty from handling the coins). The rooms are very clean, security top notch and casino hosts very helpful. An all around Great place to visit.

improvement needed

i love the casino ,my hubby and i have been coming here for years now, and we will continue to keep coming. but lately is just seems boring to hang out in, the servers who give u drinks at the slots, well i have a hard time finding one. i tried to order 2 drinks, a coffee and water to takes my pills( u see i have ms), the server told me only one drink was allowed. well i felt so upset. i stopped playing and went to my room.
omg and yes the restrooms, they look like a mess. i went to one, there was no tissue paper. had to ask the next person in the next stall, how ashamed i felt.

This is the place to be

by TripAdvisor Member packedandreadynow

I find the Showboat to be the best Casino and Hotel in Atlantic City. The staff is the best and could not be nicer. I especially like the rooms. When you first walk in you can smell how clean they are. The views are great, you don't have to a big gambler to be treated like royalty. Just show up, they love us all.

A great place.

by TripAdvisor Member sean0411

We were lucky enough to get a comp. room. After we checked in, I thought a mistake was made. The room <---freebie.... was great. it even had a view of the ocean, not of another building's air conditioning unit. The staff was pleasant and easy to see that they would go the extra mile if needed. Food at the buffet was as good as it gets. The only negative ( besides not winning) and this is just me, is that the fitness center needs improvement. The hours suck..weekends only, it's to small and not very well equipped. The spa area is just fine, showers, steams etc. We are going back.

Liked Showboat.....

by TripAdvisor Member Groove

We stayed at the Showboat over Memorial Weekend, Sunday & Monday. The service was great, the room was very nice & clean, the beds were comfortable, we had double sink in the bathroom which worked out good since there were 3 of us.
My main complaint is how they discriminate against card holders, if you are a Diamond or Platnium holder you get into the restaurants right away but if you have a Gold card you have to wait until all the Diamond or Platnium members are seated, well that is a lousy system and there were numerous complaints from other people while we stood in line. So they need to re-evaluate that policy.
The slots are not that loose, I won money at the Taj next door, but nothing at Showboat.

comped room extremely good accomodations and service

Good service, great room with comfy king bed, very well decorated and clean bathroom. A BIG tv that could slide out and swivel to accomodate your viewing needs. A sofa and easy chair which made it feel more like home. The staff was always eager to help with questions or directions. The only problem with the comp room was the free lunch buffet was it had to be used on the day after check in. We had to depart the next day earlier than noon which was the earliest you could use the comp voucher. That was disappointing as we had a seven to eight hour drive ahead of us and they wouldn't change and allow us to use it when we checked in. So we lost the free lunch buffet but I must admit the room and service was still great.

lost wallet

We went to the showboat in july for our family vacation. I had my wallet stolened before we checked in and that ended our vacation. we went home the next day. watch out for pick pockets
vacationless in vernon

Very Nice Place....

Just got back from a comped overnight stay at the Showboat. We had such a great stay here and hope to return soon. Our room (742) was in the Orleans Tower, be sure to request this tower as these are the nicest rooms in the hotel. Our room had a nice tiled foyer, iron/ironing board, coffee maker, refrigerator, 32" TV with various On-Demand services including a flight tracker! The bathroom was large and very nicely appointed as was the rest of the room. The Showboat as a whole is very clean and the staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. The buffet at the Showboat is by far the best in Atlantic City. Overall I highly recommend the Showboat.

Atlantic City

Wild Wild West Prospector

Wild Wild West Prospector II

Accommodation in AC

by JMWahi

We are going to visit AC during holidays. We will be there from 1 june to 30 september. we will work at Harrah's Casino and need some Accommodation.

Something about us?:
Currently we are group of four people. Two girls and two boys. Aged 20-21. We come from Poland - especially Silesia. We are amuse, always smiled, honest, interesting people.

What are we looking for?:
We do not need many. It is OK to rent us flat. Closer to Harrah's Casino better for us. Details we can agree later on skype or by the mail.

If you know somebody who can rent us it please contact me.
j.m.wahi@gmail.com
we can also meet on skype: "jmwahi" is my alias

Re: Accommodation in AC

by rodem103

BEWARE!! MY WIFE AND I WERE MUGGED AND ROBBED 8/15 07 AT THE SHOWBOAT CASINO NOT SAFE ANYWERE DOWN THERE DO NOT GO PLEASE.

Comments