Sunset Inn of America at the Marina

Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 review
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 12 reviews

Scam artists.

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 25, 2011

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO STAY HERE! These guys run the biggest scam around. I called and asked what the price would be and they quoted me $100+tax..The next night my boyfriend and I show up after a rough trip and having very hard time finding the place- with no help from them because their accent was so heavy we had no idea what they were saying. When we finally got there they tried to charge us $150+tax.. claiming that even tho they had my information since they didnt take our credit card we technically didnt have a reservation so the rate could change whenever they wanted. We were so furious and annoyed after arguing with them with no success we informed them that was a really "crappy" way to run a business and left.

About ten minutes later we get a call from "a friend" of the guy from Sunset Inn who owned a place "not too far up the street" called JOURNEYS END. He told me he knew we needed a room and that he had one left- non smoking 2 queen size beds- for $139 +tax. I repeated the price twice to clarify and agreed to take it. After quite a distance traveling we arrived and checked in. As he was about to charge our card he said including the tax it came to $207 something! I told him he quoted us a price of 139. He said "no 179" like I was an idiot and didn't hear him correctly. So the guy acted like he was making this great deal for us and said 180 tax included. If it wasn't so late and I wasn't so annoyed I wouldn't have settled but knowing there were no other hotels with vacancy at this point I gave in. Exactly what he wanted. TO TOP IT ALL OFF: The room was not non-smoking. It reeked of stale cigarettes and made all of our clothes reek. And the bathroom which had a sanitized security strip on the toilet..WAS NOT CLEAN. It had old pee left on it! And the next morning before it was even check out time the cleaning guy used his card and walked right into our room at a veryyy awkward time!! No apology or anything he just stared and walked out. Then glared at us the entire time we were checking out. This place was disgusting, rude and ANOTHER PLACE RUN BY SCAM ARTISTS! I couldnt believe it! And contrary to how it may sound i'm not picky about places. I just hate people trying to take advantage of others and running scams.

Nearby Sunset Inn of America at the Marina

Sunset Inn of America at the Marina

• Sunset Hotel Of America
  • Sunset Hotel Atlantic City
  • Sunset Inn Of America At The Marina Hotel Atlantic City

Address: 1600 Absecon Blvd., Atlantic City, New Jersey, 08401, United States

Atlantic City Travel Forum

Need advice about Atlantic City, New Jersey? Visit the Travel Forum for Atlantic City and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Atlantic City hotel reviews