Tropicana Casino & Resort

S. Brighton Avenue and the Boardwalk, Atlantic City, New Jersey, 08401, United States

Tropicana Casino and Resort
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

• jcjh20's Profile Photo

The Trop is beautiful

The Tropicana is a beautifully designed and built resort/casino and my favorite in Atlantic City. I haven't seen a few other casinos which are known for it's beautiful building design and elegance (borgata, and taj for instance) but regardless, this will always remain one of my absolute favorites.

Unique Quality: Once you step inside the recently built "The Quarter" section from the parking garage, you're suddenly transported to circa 1940's Havana, Cuba. Fake palm trees, stone flooring, fake but absolutely realistic looking sky on the ceilings, and shops and restaurants are what you see inside this stunningly designed building. It is very impressive and a sight to see alone, even if you decide not to go to the other sections of the hotel, including a great and sizeable casino with very reasonable limits (a high end place with machines that take $1 bills), and an area downstairs adjacent to the boardwalk with even more lounges/restaurants. All this, and not to mention the amount of quality restaurants they have to offer, including Cuba Libra, a cuban restaurant with some of the best service, eclectic food and atmosphere to offer in Atlantic City, and other notable places such as the Comedy Shop, TSOP, and one of the few IMAX theatres in New Jersey. All this and I haven't even tried Carmines yet, which is extremely popular and based after an even more trendy version in NYC, and probably a few other areas I didn't explore yet. The great thing about Atlantic City in general is this is just one of the 12 resorts in Atlantic City to offer and this one alone offers so much and is so impressive to take in in a few days alone. If you're up for a trendy, impressive and elegant experience in AC, this is definitely worth the trip. In fact, it's worth many more trips than just one.

• Kay_C's Profile Photo

Tropicana Casino & Resort

Prices can be as low as $29! Take advantage of the Red Hot Deals!

Unique Quality: This place is huge! 1600 rooms...and they are adding on even more rooms. The rooms are spacious and have great views of the ocean and the city. Plus the off-season rates are incredible.

Directions: Brighton Avenue & Boardwalk
    Website: http://www.tropicana.net

More about Tropicana Casino & Resort

Nightlife in Atlantic City

by Herbie59 about Cuba Libre @ The Tropicana

(This site includes info. on price, dress, atmosphere, etc. It even says that Cuba Libre is perfect for Twentysomethings.)

Not sure how you're traveling, or from where, but check out this AFFORDABLE mode of non-stop transportation from NYC just in case you don't want to drive:

Hope that helps!

Family Style

by April1985 about Carmines

Carmies is a family style italian place. It is located in the Tropicana casino in atlantic city, nj. When you order your food, keep in mind that it is family style. This means that one dish can serve up to 4 people. The food is amazing. and the atmosphere is very kool. the people are friendly, and the service is great as well. when i was there, i shared the veil parm with my mom, my dad is a veggie head, so he had the egg plant parm.

Cuban rhythms, the sound of Philly, Karaoke...

by OCNJBritt about The Quarter at Tropicana Casino and Resort

The new Quarter at Tropicana is replete with a slew of fine dining establishments that after dinner serve up dancing and music. Try Cuba Libre for salsa, merengue and bachata and performances by a few dance pro's as well. The Sound of Philadelphia hearkens back to the classic R&B and motown of Detroit and Philly with live bands regularly and a small but adequate dancefloor. Lastly, end the night with Karaoke at Planet Rose where you can choose from Whitney to Garth and everything in between. Dress Code is strict...No sneakers and, men, jeans, jerseys and hats are not favored. Cover charge on weekends.

We loved the Trop

Me and my husband stayed at the Tropicana for 3 days and we had a beautiful room in the West Tower, first I was concerned cause we didn't hear too many good reviews, and they said that customer services stinks, well we both think that everyone was friendly and helpful, the staff is wonderful, and very couretous, I would stay at the Tropicana again. We celebrated our wedding anniversary and had a wonderful time.

good stay at tropicana

we visited atlantic city the last week of september and stayed at the tropicana. It was our first time back to atlantic city in 10 years. I must say everything was excellant at the trop, from the front desk to the maid service. being from a different country (canada) it may not be my place to comment on the situation of this resort town but im going to anyway. The first time we visited atlantic city was in 1978 just after casino gambling began there (resorts was first casino to open) The main reason casino gambling was started in atlantic city was to rejuvenate the economy of this city. Well considering the money thiis city must take in I think the local and state goverments should be ashamed and be held accountable for the unbelievable deterioration of this city anywhere north of the boardwalk. I had reason one day to walk 2 blocks north of the trop to a drug store on afternoon, and within 5 minutes had 3 street people approach me and ask of spare change. I realize that when it comes to fixing up a city that was in this type of disrepair would take time, but its been 26 years since casino gambling began here . One wonders where all the money goes.

first time at atlantic city

This was our first trip to Atlantic city,,overall it was great but upon checking in the wait was forever! My inlaws were put in a whole different section of the hotel than my wife and I,, this after making reservations way ahead of time. When my inlaws got to the room it was not the room they were promised off to a new room we went.Dont even think about dining there the lines were Long. The service on the casino floor was bad,,they were slow and acted as if we were bothering them when asked a question. We are going back in december but are staying at Ceasers!

Should be called the slop-i-cana

First off, it was my 1st wedding anniversary and they screwd our room up, so we got stuck with a trashy double bed room. The casino was nice, but I would never stay there again. Secondly, when my wife and I got home, we talked to another couple who also stayed there for the first time and they got coupons, dinner, and tokens.........we got nothing.
When I told the lady at the front desk it was our anniversary, she just kinda looked at me, like who cares? thirdly, I called them to complain and they would put me on hold and then hang up. It would be nice to at least get an appology.

discovered tropicana

i love the slots. it wasn't until i discovered tropicana that i found the monte carlo machines. i don't want to give my reasoning away, as to why i like these machines so much, because it may mean in the future, i will have competition for finding a seat, but i will say that when i mean business, the monte carlo machine is where i sit. regarding other machines, i stay away from all the 'cooky entertaining' machines, for all they do is take my money with nothing in exchange. about the attendants. they do take forever, at times, and it's no fun sitting at a machine, not being able to play. like someone else said.. the machines themselves have problems. quite often i would be short-changed by a coin or two. of course with the delays of the attendants not coming, who wants to wait for their one or two coins to be refunded?
not me. then there are the machines that won't take your paper currency no matter how perfect the bill is. i had a $5. straight from the bank that i tried at least six slot machines before giving up getting the machine to accept it. at least once, maybe twice during a day's visit at the slots, i would end up with an old trop coin that none of their machines would accept. though it somehow showed up in my winnings from a machine. one time i asked someone at a counter to cash these coins in for me, since the machine wasn't accepting them, and the individual gave me a hard time, saying that if the machine spilled the coins out then they should accept them. obviously my standing there should have been proof enough that they did not. then there are the quarter machines that for some reason will not take your quarter. this happens often in a day's outting. oh and i love this one.
i always put in maximum coins for maximum return. but if i don't watch the machine carefully, i will pull the lever without the machine showing the third coin. argh. lost a turn on the wheel with that one.
another thing with the machines. if you do play maximum coins and then decide maybe you will try using less.. don't even think of it. the machine does not recognize your request. you have to collect all your winnings before you can insert the smaller amount, manually, and even then.. some machines won't let you play the smaller amount. so you have to max up or move on. then there are the machines that don't have sound. what's up with that? and of course there are machines that will not accept your comp card. can't play those machines. i'm really glad though, that trop doesn't have the elvis machines. ugh.. i tried those at the taj mahal and who wants to sit there to listen to most of a song before being able to play again?! i might add in this review that i had a bucket of $66. worth of quarters taken. i reported it to the office, just incase some nice, decent person came along and turned it in. of course the office personnel laughed at the idea. i guess she knows her cliente pretty well. would have been nice if she gave me an extra comp to ease my pain. and it wouldn't have hurt the hotel's image, that's for sure. one more point about the trop. it was nice to see that someone else who wrote a review, noticed how the sheets are just laid on top of the mattress. i don't think housekeeping knows what fitted sheets are. and yes, this was the north side. trop, if you are listening.. could you send me another invite to your hotel? just because you have faults, doesn't mean i don't have my favorites at your hotel. and i especially liked that recorded phone message i got. made me feel special, when it invited me to a free, upcoming show. just please pay a bit more attention to the mechanical problems of your machines.

4 girls in AC... where to go?

by Avaisdancing

Hey!

We're 4 single girls in our 20's (I'm the oldest at 25) looking to have some drinks, dance a lot and flirt a lot while we're there. We're staying at the Sheraton but taking a cab is not a problem.

Now, how far are those two clubs from our hotel? Also, are both clubs in the Borgata hotel? What about the Casbah? And which beach bars are the best?

Which one is the best? Is the music any different? I personally prefer r&b, pop, hip-hop or world music.. Techno & dance aren't my thing.

Guys in our age group would be a plus, too.

Thanks so much!

We'll be there from Thursday augst 20th to sunday the 23rd.

* Re: 4 girls in AC... where to go? *

by Herbie59

Hey! I'm right in the same demographic as you... In my 20s and single! While I have not made it down to AC in a while, my best friend keeps telling me that I would absolutely love the Tropicana, and that I have to take a trip down with her at some point soon. Since I have been Latin ballroom dancing for about four years now, she said that I would have an absolute blast at Cuba Libre, one of the clubs at the Trop. I have included the link to the Tropicana below, as well as a link I found for you on Cuba Libre. (Maybe I should listen to my best friend at some point soon and take a trip down!) Have a safe trip and and enjoy! :)

Hope that helps!