Trump Plaza Hotel & Casino

Travelocity Expedia.com amextravel.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 25% less but rated 23% lower than other 4 star hotels

• brianjessica90's Profile Photo

Nice but could use some upgrades

We had a good time there, the staff at the location were very nice and helpful. The lobby was beautiful, the casino was very nice, the restaurants and night clubs were fun. We really enjoyed the beach hut. Good location right in the middle of the boardwalk.

Needs a few upgrades though. The Parking garage is a decent distance from the main lobby and not all the floors can be traversed with an elevator, though an escalator is available, with luggage this can be a pain. Our room was nice, however the bathtub has seen better days and the shower head put out a strong mist but not a good water flow. Took my wife almost 20 mins of rinsing to get enough water to wet and rinse her hair. When one of our neighbors flushed their toilet, we knew because the plumbing bangs and our toilet actually drained also. The ice machine on our floor was broken and we had to go 4 floors up to get to a working one, however the maid was nice enough, to bring us a full ice bucket the 2 mornings we were there. The weekend we were there it was literally 100 degrees and the Air Conditioner in the room, could NOT handle it. I didn't mind the older TV but when you are trying to watch it and every other channel reads, "acquiring satellite signal," or when you are in the middle of watching something and then that pops on. Granted we weren't there to watch TV, but it can be irritating.

We had fun and would stay there again, because we were treated very well, but some upgrades would definatly be nice, especially at $317/night with tax, don't mind paying the money understand thats the deal to go to AC but I expect niceties.

Directions: on the boardwalk

• Great value

We really enjoyed our stay here. The room was really well decorated and we were given exactly what we asked for - a high room with a sea view. The only slight complaint would be the bathroom - it was well in need of some refurbishment. It is well located next door to the pier and Caesars Palace and right on the boardwalk. We really liked the Casino (might have something to do with the fact that we had a coupe of good wins!) but it was well mantained and well served by the waitresses. The staff were always helpful and polite. The pool was a little small and there were only toilets to change in which was a shame.

More about Trump Plaza Hotel & Casino

Love Trump Plaza

by TripAdvisor Member rainie75

Stayed at Trump plaza for a 3 day weekend.
As soon as you get off the Expressway way you are between Trump plaza and Ceasars Great location! Pull up to Vallet parking 5 dollars then into the very clean and elegant lobby Check in was a breeze very friendly and fast check in. We stayed in the East tower mini suite for the three of us it was perfect ocean view big marble bathroom small fridge perfect for snacks for my son small table couch lounge chair coffe table in the living room, Bedroom has a big comfy bed really great matress!
The beach bar plays great live music mixed crowed id say 22-40
great margaritas! Beach was great they have there own beach chairs and umbrellas for guest, also my son enjoyed the indoor pool open until 7pm and the arcade. Best massage ever from Karen a must book no matter what hotel you stay in!!!

Great time at Trump Plaza !

by TripAdvisor Member barresja

Stayed at Trump Plaza in March 2006 with my boyfriend. We booked a two night room package on their website which included $40 food voucher, $20 slot voucher, 2 free cocktails, free use of the health spa and a few other discounts - really well worth it for the price offered. The best part was we were also upgraded to a mini suite with this. The room was absolutly gorgeous and definatly of a five star level. The casino was nice - the only other casino I've been to was caesars - which is nicer. I liked it though and we won often. Ate at the buffet - breakfast was real good - dinner not bad for the price offered. Also visited the health spa with our free passes. Two separate spas for men and women - went to the heated pool first which was really nice and then each went into the spa for some relaxation in the jacuzzi. Really nice facilities. Overall I would definatly recommend staying at this hotel.

Go see a show at Trump Plaza

by tpangelinan

Trump has brought Broadway to Atlantic City. You can see a Broadway show here at Trump Plaza on the boardwalk. Go to the thrid & forth floors of the casino and you will find the entrence to the theaters. 42nd Street was playing when we were there. Call the numbers below for recent listing and times.

Nice rooms, lousy casino

by TripAdvisor Member Lucyspoileddog

I was pleased with the quality and comfort of the room we had at Trump Plaza. It's not 5-star, but it's nicely decorated, clean, and had a nice view of the ocean. The EVO restaurant was good, the buffet pretty bad. I was most disappointed at the casino. This was my first time stay in Atlantic City and I toured all of them up and down the boardwalk, and must say that the Trump Plaza's was the smallest, grungiest, and had by far the fewest interesting and fun games. Go to Showboat, Resorts and Bally's for better slot play. Fortunately Trump is a few steps away from Caesar's and Bally's Wild West so I could walk it late at night without having to go too far.

New Look, Service needs an upgrade

by TripAdvisor Member neonimc

This visit was a quick one night tstay-Upon arriving to check in later in the afternoon I was surprised to see only one desk person with quite a few people in line. The rooms are a classic style which its nice besides the bathrooms-I can't understand why if Trump is spending all this money to fix the hotel and leave the guest bathrooms looking like they did when the Plaza first opened. When arriving back at the room after going to a show at another casino the hallway was a mess (room sevice leftovers) all down the entire floor. This mess was there for many,many hours and finally it got cleaned up the next day. Trump Plaza is nice but dont expect 5-star it definately is not that nice. The Trump Plaza has the potential to be a very nice place but they need to clean and maintain it much better, it may look a little better than it has in the past but without good service and mantinance its new luster will fade quickly.

Great Hotel

Stayed one night at the Trump Plaza. What a great night. Check in was easy. Valet parking for only 5 bucks was excellent! We had requested a king, but got a double. However, they made the change with no problem. The rooms are super! The pillow top bed was so soft that it made me want to sleep all day. The rooms are well decorated and very clean. The casino was great also. My wife and I won pretty good on the slots and blackjack. We had a package deal from their website which gave us $20.00 off food, free drinks, free casino money, and other items. I would definitely stay there again.

It was wonderful

My room was luxurious with an ocean view, the shampoo and soaps were above average..Nearby other Casinos/boardwalk access/plenty of rest rooms..
Ate at Max's Steak House food was excellent and priced well..I would definetly rec. this hotel to anyone.

"Sorry for the Inconvenience"

by TripAdvisor Member DSC47

My husband and I stayed 3 days at Trump. There was a letter in the room stating stating that this was a 5-star property. It may have been a long time ago, but not now. The room was old and worn and in much need of a facelift. Alot of the facilities---restaurants, restrooms, etc. all had signs stating they were closed "Sorry for the inconvenience". They are working on new restaurants, but in the meantime, there were not any good restaurants open, (only open on weekends). Our only real choice were buffets or 1 other 24 hour restaurant, which we went to once and our food was brought to us cold. The indoor pool was OK, however, it was freezing cold when we got out of the pool. No showers or changing rooms, unless you pay $15 for use of the facilities. Went to the spa 1 day ($15 per person) it was closed early for maintenace "SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE". We are returning to Atlantic City in a couple of weeks, will NEVER stay at Trump again. When we chose Trump, we thought we were choosing the BEST, boy were we wrong.

Trump PlazaTrump Plaza

Trump PlazaTrump Plaza

Trump Plaza CasinoTrump Plaza Casino

Broadway Buffet @ Trump PlazaBroadway Buffet @ Trump Plaza

Tropicana

by AnalisaC

Anyone ever stay there? Is it as nice as it looks online???

Re: Tropicana

by ACDeano

This is a funny one! I'm suppose to be at the Trop right now. My friends left a few hours ago and I had last minute things to do in the morning so I'll catch up with them tomorrow afternoon. Yes it is very nice. The steakhouse and the seafood rest. are excellent!!!!!! A little pricey but worth it. The main bar has a singing bartender and they usually have bands, but they close at 2:00am. The top of the Trop bar is a excellent place for a drink and a awsome view. They stay open an hour later. The rooms are great, though you'll find more marble in Bailey Casino rooms. If you check in mon. thru thurs. you stand a good chance of getting a upgrade room, just ask for suite. The Hilton hotel is nice and that's right next door, a short walk on the boardwalk. You have to walk a decent amount to get to another casino. Not impossible, as long as weather is nice. I always walk down to the Trump Plaza because their lobby bar never closes. Open 24/7 365days. It's the happening place in the late hours. You won't be dissapointe at the Trop. They usually have a good comedy show, shopping, and they don't seem to get the busloads of people comming in like many other casinos. I stay there all the time. It's at the end of the boardwalk, a little higher class than the others, not as crazy crowded as the others without all the riff-raff. Enjoy1
ACDeano