Wyndham Skyline Tower

100 S North Carolina Ave, (formerly Skyline Tower), Atlantic City, New Jersey, 08401, United States
Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 32% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Wyndham Skyline Tower

Girls Diva Weekend - Excellent!

by TripAdvisor Member yddiamond

I stayed at the Fairfield Resorts in Atlantic City, NJ February 24th thru 26th. I must say that this resort is definitely one of the best that I have been to. The purpose of the trip was for my birthday and I brought along 4 other girlfriends. I had a 2 bedroom deluxe. It was very large in space and definitely accommodating.........I had the master bedroom which I could see all of Atlantic City, it was beautiful at night, what a site to see. I had the luxury of soothing in the Jacuzzi and it was very relaxing. Overall, the rooms are very spacious and very clean. The elevators a bit slow but other than that I would recommend this place in a heart beat and I will return back again.

This was by far the greatest Diva weekend trip ever, lots of night life and casinos and plenty of restaurants to eat at. The pictures on the website does not really do the rooms no justice until you see it in person.

This place is worth every penny and then some!!!

Great Hotel! Wonderful Experience!

by TripAdvisor Member HappyCamperBC

We recently returned from Atlantic City and 5 nights at the SkyLine Tower. This is a great new resort that is just off the Boardwalk and across the street from the Resorts Casino.
When we arrived, the front desk associate asked if we would like a higher or lower room. After requesting a higher room, she booked us in to a 1 bedroom suite on the 30th floor. The views from our room were absolutely spectacular.
As mentioned, we had a 1 bedroom suite which had a lovely kitchen, dining area and living room. The bedroom had a very comfortable king size bed. It also had the added benefit of a jacuzzi tub in the bedroom. There was also a full size bathtub/shower in the main bathroom.
The hotel has an activities centre on the 6th floor which offers daily activities such as card games, board games, etc. There are 2 full size pool tables and a ping-pong table also within the activities centre. On the 6th floor you will also find a video arcade, a computer lab, a fitness facility, an indoor swimming pool and hot-tub, as well as an outdoor hot-tub. The pool is of average size and quite shallow (4') so it is only real good for swimming lengths if you don't kick flip. They also offer a video rental service from the consierge desk.
Given that this is a timeshare facility, on the 2nd day of our stay, the hotel had set aside 1 hour with us to view the rest of the hotel and tell us more about why we should consider buying a timeshare with Fairfield. BEWARE! THEY WILL TRY TO SELL YOU A TIMESHARE. As we are already RCI owners, we let it be known that we wouldn't be buying right off the bat, so they simply gave us a tour and thanked us for our time. For the approximate 30 minutes we spent with them, they provided us with a $25 gift certificate to the Trump Taj Mahal and $20 cash so it worked in our favor.
The hotel does not have any restaurants or eating facilities, but is located just a block off the Boardwalk and the Resorts, Showboat and Trump Taj Mahal are very close by. The Atlantic City Bar & Grill is also just across the street and I would highly recommend that if you like seafood, then you need to have atleast one meal here.
All-in-all, it is a wonderful facility with helpful and courtesy staff and we would definitely stay there again.

There are elevators at the Fairfield!

All the poeople whose main complaint about the Skyline Towers was the lack of elevators can rest easy. There are three, not two, and we were not crowded at all.

The rooms were lovely (we exchanged for a our Florida timeshare). The only thing that was irritating was the sales pitch, which was not necessary since we were already owners.

We all loved it

by TripAdvisor Member macbird

March 25, 2006. Our group of nine stayed in four one-bedroom deluxe suites, and we were ready to move in. Nice, roomy accommodations with sleek brand new furnishings and terraces with water views. Coffee pot and coffee, hairdryer, and iron/ironing board (necessities to me in a hotel room) are provided. The resort offers everything you could want except on-premises casino, bar or restaurant, but Resorts casino is across the street and the Taj and Showboat close by. The Fairfield Skyline Resort has a pool, spa, activities and Sunday breakfast that we did not take advantage of. Originally booked for Feb. 11th, we had to cancel at the last minute due to the blizzard. The resort's reservation service reps were more than helpful in rescheduling our trip without penalties. Although check-in was 4pm, we were able to get our rooms on arrival about 12:30pm. Helpful staff, no sales pitches. Contrary to other reviews, we had no trouble with overcrowded elevators, noise or hectic check out. Can't wait to return in better weather when we can walk to more attractions.

Not a great experience

by TripAdvisor Member norwoodnc

Arriving at the resort is a test in patience from the get-go. There is only valet parking and being new to this resort we were unfamiliar with the procedure. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and say they must have been understaffed because cars were lined up from inside the garage to out into the street. Our guests arrived before us and entered complete chaos in the parking garage. When they were asked which room they were staying in they tried to explain they didn't check in yet. Instead of the staff helping them out, they treated them with hostility and told them to back out of the garage. Having only valet parking is extremely inconvenient not to mention that they charge $10 A DAY(!) to park. We have had timeshare many, many years and this is the first resort we stayed at that made their guests pay for parking. The other extremely inconvenient "rule" was if you needed anything from your car you had to go down to the valet office and wait for someone to show up to give you your car key. They proceeded to escort you to your car and wait for you. The only conclusion we came to about this annoying procedure is that they think you will steal something ??? The rudeness that was showed to our guest who arrived before we got there was inexcusable; not being aware that we had to be there first, our guest gave our names at the checkin counter. They told them they had no one by that name registered. I called them from the road to find out what was going on and they said we are registered but could not allow anyone in without us. Why they had to lie to our guests is another mystery. The annoyance of the elevators in and of itself will keep us from ever staying at this resort again. We ended up taking the stairs most of the time. Our room was fine. Seemed to be clean enough. However, the glass sliding doors were disgusting. They could have used some attention. but the bathrooms were clean and the kitchen was clean. The furniture could use some updating. The shower in the main bathroom had no water pressure. I would also suggest to be aware of your surroundings. As we were leaving the liquor store, we were "approached" and asked to hand over our beer. There are some employees at this resort who knew what they were doing but the majority could use a course in customer service.

Nice quick getaway

We stayed there to celebrate our anniversary and had a great time. As the other reivews say you can only valet, but we thought the price was reasonable and had no problem getting our car when we wanted. The rooms were very nicely decorated and quiet. We were on the 28th floor which provided amazing views of the strip. Despite the weather, everything was close enough to walk or take a quick drive up the street. The staff provided great recommendations to eat that were not only close by but cheap. One night we had two lobster dinners with sides and drinks right across the street for under $40. The resort also has massage therapists on call were able to provide massages for both of us with only 1/2 a days notice. As others have mentioned, the elevators are a pain. There are only two and with 30 or so floors it makes running down to the lobby for whatever reason time consuming sometimes. However, this is really only a problem at peak times like check-in and check-out. Any other times we didn't have to wait too long. We will definitely go there again for another visit.

Loved it!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Buttefly

We loved this hotel,"AWSOME", when we walked into the room we were shocked.
The living room and kitchen was great,we then went into the bedroom, there was a flat screen TV, DVD and the furniture was beautiful.
The Bathroom was "AWSOME", the best part it was "CLEAN" and smelled nice.
Evey time i visit Atlantic City i will stay here.
The only complaint i have is the elevators (very long wait for them) this needs to be corrected.
I highly recommend this place hotel, five (5) star in my eyes.

This Place Is Great

by TripAdvisor Member gwhite17

Stayed at the Towers april 26-28 for a quick weekend getaway in the 4 bedroom Penthouse suite and all i can say is WOW!.From the furnishings to the appliances,the view everything was top notch,a person could not ask for more.I was able to check in a little early so that was great and the front desk was very polite.
The Indoor/outdoor pool was good .The area for the kids was small but still very nice,as well as the internet area(which was free)
There were only a few things that could be better.The water pressure in the shower was awful (sure i was on the 32nd floor but still).The in room jacuzzi could hold one medium size person and it was still a tight fit then.Then there was the elevators.........hmmm, the time i was there it wasnt even a full house and there was a terrible wait for one checking out on sunday, i can only imagine how it would be during the summer.
But with that it was still a great exp. and a great place.

Don't arrive at 10 AM!

by TripAdvisor Member LLori

OK, I know that check in time is quite a bit later, but we had been on the road for HOURS and just wanted to test our luck. The valet was not pleased that we were coming in at that hour and quite rude about it. The front desk tried to accomodate us, but explained that they were fullly booked and suggested that we come back at 2 pm. No problem, we packed our rollerblades so we skated up and down the boardwalk, had lunch and came back promptly at 2pm to get checked in. Just when I thought it was smooth sailing, she directed me over to the desks near the front door to "complete check-in" with a 5 min. meeting. Clearly, it was the hard sell for the RCI time-shares. I declined the meeting because she told me that it was my choice. Sorry,but I choose not to deal with time-share pitches on my Saturday afternoon off! Later in the night, there was a note for us to "go to the Welcome desk ASAP", another attempt to push the time-share. Tacky, tacky, tacky. The rooms were wonderful. The elevator situation wasn't. It seems that the money was put into the renovations. At check out, I had to go up just to get down, as all the elevators were full by the time they reached my mid-level floor! My last criticism is the time-share tours that they conduct. It felt like they were directing large tour-groups where to go, what to see.

I can't imagine why I would stay here again, except that several reviews were glowing and I got a nice rate on Hotwire. Only stay here if you have time to kill on your vacation and don't mind the hard-sale/circus atmosphere.

Loved the Skyline

by TripAdvisor Member celestegullo

This hotel was reasonably priced. We found our room through eBay and paid half the price we would've had we booked through the hotel itself. We were also upgraded for free b/c the hotel was not booked. Our "suite" was well kept and included a full eat-in kitchen, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a jacuzzi, a big livingroom - 3 tv's and a gorgeous balcony overlooking the beach and the Atlantic City skyline. The transportation to other casino's was easy. The jitney stop is across the street and will take you anywhere for $2 and runs 24 hours/7 days. The jitney driver's are friendly and trustworthy. The negative side of this hotel is: for 30+ floors there are only 2 elevators. You will wait longer than usual for the elevator to come. And then when it arrives, you'll find it's not that big to fit the waiting people. All-in-all this was a great choice and I'll choose it again.

Comments