Bayberry Inn

223 Perry Street, Cape May, New Jersey, 08204, United States
Bayberry Inn
Priceline.com Booking.com

More about Cape May

Breakfast was delightful!Breakfast was delightful!

Black skimmers, Cape May BeachBlack skimmers, Cape May Beach

The Bird HouseThe Bird House

Breakfast at the Magic BrainBreakfast at the Magic Brain

Travel Tips for Cape May

Marine Debris Timeline

by tpangelinan

Found this rather interseting and informative, thought I would pass it on. It's amazing how long it takes for different types of trash to break down over the years, for example.
Apple core is 2 months, aluminum cans 200 years, plastic 6 pack ring 400 years, disposable diaper is 450 years, and the list goes on, so all they ask is only leave you foot print on the beach.
We are very dedicated to conservation of our reefs, dunes and sealife. This Marine Timeline is a great example of what kind of harm we can cause with just leaving trash around. So please clean up after yourself and save the beautiful beaches & sealife for our great grand kids to see and experience. Thank you for your support!

Walk or bike over to West Cape May

by localwcm

Great walk or bike ride - on Beach Drive go south to Broadway, then make a right go to first light, this is West Cape May. Great little shops and restaurants, nice park. At light go left to Cape May wicker, Birdhouse of Cape May and Sea Level. Cool colorful stores with candles, art, home stuff, etc. At light go right to Flying Fish - funky clothes and neat jewelry, Cape May Linen outlet and then follow Park to Seaside Cheese, antiques, etc. At light go straight down Broadway - to Taylor made gift shop, Flanegan art - local art by owners, Bridgetown Antiques, Cape Island Gardens. All peppered with nice, reasonably priced restaurants, great architecture, friendly people. Stroll over, bike over. Some great festivals on this end of town also, Strawberry Festival, Lima Bean, flea markets, Art Show in July, worth it.

Surprising Gem Right on the Beach

by gilescorey about Sunset Beach Grill

Lil' ol Sunset Beach Grill is practically all alone at the end of Sunset Blvd and overlooks the nearly sunk Concrete Ship.

We'd walked many miles from the main town and were desperate for food and beer. Well, no beer, here. Giant spiders, yes, but no beer.

My friend had the crabcake, and posthumously declared them the best in Cape May!

I had some crazy turkey "cheesestake" or some other poorly chosen item and got what I deserved. But, if you like crabcakes, I hear these are the best on the coast.

Too many kids, though. I hear it's the crabcakes.

Basic Italian

by toonsarah about Stumpo’s Italian Grill

This down to earth Italian restaurant in the centre of town was mentioned favourably by several of the people who’d left recommendations in the book provided for that purpose at the Shore S Cape, so we decided to give it a try. I have to say that we were probably less impressed than they had been, though it did have its plus points. We received a very off-hand greeting from the young girl acting as hostess, who was clearly more interested in playing her computer game than serving customers. She told us she’d been instructed to send people round to the back section of the restaurant but when we checked this out it was deserted and looked very unwelcoming so we returned to ask about getting a table in the main part, where space was clearly available. She shrugged her shoulders, said “well, I tried”, and showed us to a table just where we would have chosen to sit in the first place! This set the tone for some decidedly amateur, though not unfriendly, service throughout our visit. Luckily the food was better than our welcome and the rather basic décor might have suggested. We shared the complimentary garlic dough balls and a huge platter of antipasto, with cold meats, olives, peppers, cheese, vegetables etc. (check out the picture on this website). In addition to this I had a small cup of clam chowder which was included in the price of my pasta dish. Chris then had a very good pizza while I enjoyed my Penne Arabiata, which was fresh tasting and spicy. Portions were large so we had no room for dessert, and as we hadn’t realised that Stumpo’s was a “bring your own bottle” place without its own liquor licence, we had just a bottle of sparkling water to accompany the meal. As a result we paid a very reasonable $46. So, not the best meal we had in Cape May, but very good value if you’re not too fussy about the quality of the service.

When you run out of money...

by evilprebil about Uncle MIke's hot dog cart

This was right ouside of our hotel, hence the picture from our balcony, but usually 'Uncle Mike' parks his cart at Beach Ave and Philadelphia. Nice, clean affordable street vendor. Good for a snack or some well needed beverages in the hot sun. Hot dog with chili and relish. I tried the cheese dog and the cheese out of a squeeze bottle was a little too weird for me. But the chili was really good.

Comments