Grand Hotel of Cape May

See Amenities

best vacation ever!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 11, 2010

Just picked out the hotel from the internet, and was a little scared when I read the reviews, but could not have been happier when we arrived. The hotel and room were clean and smelled wonderful. The inside and outside pools were where we spent most of the day, we didn't want to leave. Sat out on the deck at night and watched the sun go down and waves come in. then it was a little Hot Tub and off to a clean and comphy bed. It was the best vacation ever, and I will go back again and again.

evilprebil's Profile Photo

A full service large hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 3, 2006

We've stayed at the Grand Hotel twice and will continue to each time we visit Cape May. I've found the staff to be cooperative (and noticed thate I recognized most of them even a year later, a sure sign of content employees). It is the largest hotel on the Cape, but I never felt crowded. I would highly recomend this accomodation. It has a heated outdoor pool (perhaps the nicest in Cape May), a heated indoor pool and whirlpool (great for unexpected rainy days, trust me.), a fitness room, a game room (also great for rainy days). We requested the same room and even though they couldn't guarentee we would get it on the bust July 4th weekend, we did recieve the same room.
It is a little off the main drag of Beach Ave., but it's nice when you spend a day at the beach because the crowds are not as oppressive.

Unique Quality: Newly added in 2006 is the wireless internet. We did bring our computer, but the signal wasn't strong enough in our room.
There is a restaurant/bar/nightclub, Ballyhoo's attached to the hotel. A bit hokey, as the bar is a giant replica of a ship, but the food and drinks are great and you can't beat the conveniance. Also, the same bartenders were present as previous years an aforementioned sign of a good establishment. They will also deliver food and drinks to the outdoor pool on at least the weekend.

Nearby Grand Hotel of Cape May

• Free Parking
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Kitchenette

Cape May Travel Forum

Need advice about Cape May, New Jersey? Visit the Travel Forum for Cape May and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Cape May hotel reviews