Lake Laurie Campground

Lake Laurie RV and Camping Resort
Booking.com eDreams Priceline.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• Not worth it

We had stayed last year and found it to be very average, needing some updating but we don't need much so it was no big deal for us. This year we went down for the same holiday weekend, was escourted in, they brought our fire wood to us and helped me back into my site, not to bad. Well the site we were in had been recently dug up for plumbing issues and was very uneven with very soft sand. The street was muddy from another plumbing issue, and remained very muddy for our four day stay. The pool was a nice shade of rust and bright green, did not clear up for our entire stay. The store was poorly stocked and had run out of TP among other items. While at the Lake with my young family myself and two other men had to rescue three young girls who were close to drowning in the deep end of the Lake while the Lake attendent sat and talked with his friends. I complained to the manager and he said he was not a life gaurd (wearing a whistle, tank top, and sitting with a first aid kit in front of him?) and that the state does not requir him to provide a life gaurd and that maybe the parents should watch thier children more carefully. I informed him that there was no sign stating it was ungaurded, as required, and thier was no floatation devices available for the public to use in emergency, as required. He than called me a jerk off in front of my wife and kids!! 10 minutes later a sign was painted by a maintanence worker to swim at your own risk. I will not be going back, and if you don't like snakes you probably should look some where else as well. My son caught 2 large water snakes and several babies.

Directions: South of Rio Grande