Marquis De Lafayette Hotel

TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 265 reviews
Priceline Booking.com

HORRIBLE HOTEL!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 8, 2010

This has to be the worst stays at a hotel in my 30 years of existence! I have never ever ever been treated so horribly by a hotel. Received horrible service from girl at front desk, I don't know her name but she was work on the night of September 4 at 11:00 p.m. She gave us a terrible time about trying to get our keys. The room was under my fathers name and he went to get our keys because we were coming in super late and after an 8 hour drive with two dogs we just wanted to sleep. The girl at the front desk argued with him saying that she wasn't giving him the keys because the room was for his daughter. HOWEVER, he was the one paying for the room and they had his credit card number on file. My fathers asked to speak to the manager and this pleasant woman at the desk refused. Finally she gave him the keys. Then on September 4 at 10:45 p.m. our room phone rings. We were asleep because we were getting up early the next morning for an outing. The front desk was on the other line saying "Do you want your breakfast coupons??" My response was "It is 11:00 at night; NO I don’t want my breakfast coupons!" She then proceeds to say that she didn't receive the $100 deposit for the pets, (We had already given them $100 security deposit, but I guess this doesn't matter) So I got out of bed and went down to the front desk to give them another $100, that they didn't ask for at check in! While I was down there I mentioned something to the two employees about how rude the girl was the night before. Well low and behold it was the same ignorant employee. She then proceeds to raise her voice calling my dad a "DRUNK" she is going on a rant making false allegations about my father calling him a mean drunk and she needed to get the manager to deal with him. ALL LIES! First off my father just got in from an 8 hour drive to get to this magical place and he was not drunk. LIES and he asked her to get the manager because he couldn't deal with here. The entire time I am down there is woman is calling my family names and flinging COMPLETE LIES about us. I asked her if she realized we were guests and she just rolled her eyes and was a completely NASTY NASTY person! I will not return and if you are thinking about staying here think again. The Inn of Cape May right next door is a beautiful place to stay or the Congress Hall. There are many other options, believe me you don't want to stay here!!!!!!!

Unique Quality: NOTHING! Unbelievably RUDE Staff!

Top Notch

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 3, 2005

This was our first stay at this hotel. We liked that it is non smoking.The room was clean and the staff was very accommodating. They helped us find things to do in town and gave great dinner recommendations. We were very happy with the breakfast they served us and pleasantly surprised that they gave a refund on our beach passes. My husband and I especially enjoyed sitting on the balcony and looking out on the ocean. We had a great experience. I would recommend this place to anyone going to Cape May. It has a lot of charm.
last visit on July, 2005.

Unique Quality: Great view of the ocean. Rocking chairs on our balcony made it feel cozy and relaxing. We didn't have to walk very far to anything. Just a couple of blocks to the shopping area. Old Victorian houses and bed and breakfast establishments all over.

Directions: Beach front

• Pets Allowed
  • Kitchenette
  • Bar / Lounge

Cape May Travel Forum

Need advice about Cape May, New Jersey? Visit the Travel Forum for Cape May and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Cape May hotel reviews