Beach at Madison Ave., Cape May, New Jersey, 08204, United States

Montreal Beach Resort
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

• slong19642002's Profile Photo

Nice - Clean Rooms

Rooms are clean, nice balcony facing the ocean. We have stayed here a few times. Continental breakfast in a very small room. Take the food back to your room for more comfort. Bathrooms are old, small but farely clean. Moderate priced. We always go off season. Better rates.

Unique Quality: GREAT OCEAN VIEWS. Go up to he top floor and watch the sunset from the deck.

Directions: At the beggining of the boardwalk, away from the main boardwalk, arcade.

More about Montreal Inn

First-time at Montreal Inn

by TripAdvisor Member SSG_76

My husband and I just spent 4 nights here celebrating our first wedding anniversary. We stayed in the Millenium suite....very cozy. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was right across from the beach. Everything was clean and well maintained. We plan to visit again next year.

My Favorite "Inn" Cape May

Can't say enough about the Montreal Inn...Have stayed there three times now in both winter and summer and the experience has been the same. Clean, well furnished suites with incredible views of the ocean. My top recommendation for your stay in Cape May

stop the searching

I was beginning to check out vacations for this summer and thought I would try somewhere rather than the Montreal Inn and Cape May. After going online and checking the various options from Virginia Beach north into NJ, I decided why not just follow through with a good thing. The truth is after going to the Montreal Inn for the past 8 years, why change?
The owner, I think his name is Larry, is always around to chat and checking to make sure things are fine. We did have a problem one time ( minor) and we spoke to him. He resolved it quickly and for this we continue to go there. To me Cape May is synonymous with the Montreal and vice versa.. By the way we made reservations for this summer!

Pleasantly surprised

My family and I have stayed at another hotel in Cape May for about 20 years. We were very saddened to see it close this year. We also wondered where we could stay now. I just returned from a trip where I stayed at the Montreal Inn. What a pleasant surprise. The staff was warm and helpful, the rates were reasonable, the room was very clean. They go out of their way to offer 'extras' beyond what you expect at a shore hotel. I will definitely return again.

A most Accommodating experience

Our family has been visiting the Montreal Inn, for over 20 years. It is hands down the most accommodating inn in Cape May. The Inn is family owned and operated, the owners are always visible working in the office and around the property, talking to visitors to make sure everyone is having a good time. They really seem to care about the people who stay with them and want everyone to have a good vacation experience. This attitude is reflected in all of their staff, from the office staff to the maintenance team they all work hard to make sure that your stay at Montreal Inn is as enjoyable as possible.

This year we where delighted to discover that after years of leasing out the restaurant attached to the inn, the family has taken over the management of that too and I am happy to report that Cape May's most accommodating inn now has Cape May's most accommodating restaurant.

Tonight we had the pleasure of dinning at the Cafe Promenade. The entire experience was exceptional. We took a family poll and it was unanimous: this was the best food we'd had in Cape May in years.

While we dined we noticed a family with several small children sitting next to us; the smallest child wanted noodles and cheese, which was not on the menu. We were delighted to hear the waitress offer to ask the chef if he could make some, and even more pleased as we watched the little boy enjoy his "special" dinner. In a city where no substitutions is the standard, the Cafe Promenade's willingness to accommodate a request from even the smallest of customers was a wonder to behold.

We went back for breakfast, the chocolate chip pancakes are to die for, and if you like berries we highly recommend the very berry pancakes. Or if you'd like to make a special request, go ahead and ask they're sure to accommodate you if they can.

So if your looking good food and good service check our the Montreal Inn and Cafe Promenade.

Skip the Montreal, Stay in a quaint B&B instead

I visited Cape May for the first time this past weekend for a romantic getaway with my boyfriend. Not knowing the landscape that well, and after reading great things about the Montreal Inn on Tripadvisor, we booked a room for one night.

The hotel room was just OK. The hotel has that old and not-so-clean feeling (I would equate it to a dirty and old Motel 8) and sits on the busy main drag (Beach Ave.) right across from the beach. It is far from the quaint little section of town, which has many wonderful and well-kept small B&Bs on quaint and quiet side streets that are still close to the beach.

Upon checking in we were told that check out the next day was at noon. The troubles began at 7am on Sunday morning when we were abruptly awoken by two children in the room next door screaming loudly (the walls are paper thin, so you can hear everything). Then, beginning at 10am the housekeeping staff started knocking on our door every 30 minutes to see if we were ready to check out and stated that check out was at 11am, instead of Noon. Finally, upon check out, I had decided that I would let the front desk staff know of our problems. But no one at the front desk even bothered to ask how our stay was!!! I was shocked. Certainly does not seem like the kind of service you would get by a local B&B/innkeeper.

Despite the hotel issues I fell in LOVE with Cape May. It is so beautiful and relaxing--really the perfect getaway. Dinner at the Washington Inn is the best in town and the Washington Street Mall is a wonderful meandering delight!

Loved it here!

We have visited Cape May many times over the years and this is the best hotel we have ever stayed in. The rooms were impeccable. Every amenity was thought of and the staff was terrific. Our 4 year old son loved the hotel as well, the pool was fantastic and he loved the mini golf too! He can't wait to come back next year. Finally, we have found a hotel in Cape May that we can return to!

Montreal Nice Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member dreamcycle

We have been coming to Cape may for over 20 yrs, usually stay at the Coachmann Inn or Atlas and Angel of the Sea B&B. First stay at Montreal. Asked for quiet room, which we got on the 2nd floor. Room was nice but a usual motel room, had a nice size King Bed. Shower has those soap/shampoo dispensers if you dont want to bring your own and a coffee maker. Room was priced ok for off season, we went around Halloween and rate was like $75. Hotel staff was friendly.

3rd time was certainly a charm

by TripAdvisor Member pipanale

We just got back from a long weekend at the Montrel Inn. We had, I believe, a Category D room. We had a Queen bed in the bedroom and a living room with fridge and coffee maker. The room had its own balcony, facing the ocean. We'd stayed there before the upgrade in a similar room and liked it too. Sandwiched in the middle, we had a room on the 4th floor, abve the offices. I'd advise against that room type. It was dingy and shared the office roof as its balcony.

The room we had was very nice. Large and clean. The blackout curtains work almost too well. I nearly blinded myself when I woke up and parted them. The sun was VERY bright.

The hotel's right on the beach, within walking distance of town and the Washington St Mall. During the off-season, it's a great value and is a great place to stay. We were a little leery this time after the other room I mentioned, but will probably go back there exclusively from now on.

Comments