1039 Beach Avenue, Cape May, New Jersey, 08204, United States

Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Average

• DISGUSTING..NOT JUST IN DECOR BUT ATTITUDES

DO NOT EVER STAY IN THIS PIGHOLE...not only are the people in the office the most NASTY people i have ever spoken to..but the rooms are not only SMALL but also have a nasty musty odor .IT IS NOT DIRTY CARPET IT IS BLACK MOLD. i found evidence of it and was shocked when i went to the HEALTH DEPT about it that this place was not shut down..THe people there are ignorant and do not know how to talk to people its a wonder they are even still in business with their NO CREDIT CARD policy and the attitude of the people that work there and the OWNER herself...i personally watched her talking to other patrons of her SUPPOSED INN with such an attitude and although i cant prove it pretty sure she had been drinking. Recently saw the show they did of the supposed remodel. I hope the remodel includes a whole new staff and knocking down every board of that building to get rid of mold that can kill people

Unique Quality: ABSOLUTELY NONE>>>>>>>>>>>>ONLY OUTSTANDING CHARACTERISTIC OF THIS PLACE IS THE STAFF AND OWNER WHO HAVE NO IDEA OF HOW TO TREAT PEOPLE

More about Cape May

Sunset at the BeachSunset at the Beach

Hitching postHitching post

Blackened chickenBlackened chicken

Waves crash against Garden PierWaves crash against Garden Pier

Reviews on The Delsea

by mpatterson

Hi,

I was looking up B&Bs in Cape May and came across The Delsea. It seems very nice and it claims to be one of the first B&Bs in the area, but I can't seem to find any reviews on it. Has anyone stayed there before or know someone that has? I find it a little odd that no one has commented on this place.

Appreciate any info you can give,
Thanks!

Re: Reviews on The Delsea

by usatravels

Hello,

I have stayed at Mainstay Inn 635 Columbia Ave, Cape May, and we had a wonderful time, it's on the same block as Delsea‎. I did get chatting to someone who was actually staying at The Delsea, and they couldn't praise it enough though. All the B&B's in that area are of the same period and quite charming, and the location will just be what you are looking for!

Best wishes!

Re: Reviews on The Delsea

by manojiitan12

the Reviews on The Dulsea is that fashionable takes the bus down from NYC just to get her hair did in Glassblower, NJ. So, Philly people, there's no excuse. As an added bonus, they give you a massage after they'd finished washing your hair.At this middle school, I was to say the least, miserable. The teachers would not help, even asked I had asked. When I had a problem with a teacher not helping me I brought this to the attention of.

mack

[url]http://www.addictionrecovery.net/new-jersey[/url]

Travel Tips for Cape May

Beach Tags--What's That About?

by starship

The beaches of New Jersey are lovely in spring, summer and fall. But if you plan to go swimming, it is important to determine whether the particular beach town you are in requires a "beach tag" in order to be on the beach or swim. It's a special tag/pin which you must display on your bathing suit, beach bag, etc. It is an unfortunate fact and one disliked by New Jerseyan's and others, but a "beach tag" is a sort of user's fee imposed by the town and most likely used to pay for life guards, and beach maintenance. The price per day I believe is less than $10 in most places.

As for Cape May, the last time I was there I believe the "beach tag" law is still a must. It can be purchased in several places, and your hotel or B & B probably has them. There is also a kiosk at the northern end of the street mall which I believe sells them.

Send Greetings To Those Back Home....

by VeronicaG

What's a trip to a vacation spot without sending a postcard to those back home! This is just a glimpse of what awaits you in this Victorian town. It's an easy walk for those who want to tour on foot. A trolley, horse and carriage, bicycle or surrey stand ready to take you around to see the colorful, historic homes.

I love finding a post card in my mailbox--don't you?

Cold Spring Presbyterian Church

by toonsarah

Near Cold Spring Historic Village is this old brick church, so we took a quick walk along the road to check it out. Unfortunately it was closed (as seemed to be the case everywhere we went that day!) but we took a few photos and wandered around the graveyard a little.

The church is one of the most historic in the United States, as its cemetery testifies. More Mayflower descendants are buried in it than anywhere outside of Massachusetts, while the oldest marked grave is that of Sarah Eldridge Spicer who died in 1742. A marker there commemorates the final resting place of many local residents who died during the worldwide cholera epidemic in 1832 and were buried secretly at night in unmarked graves. If you like old graveyards and the stories they tell, this one is certainly worth a quick stop.

Directions:On Route 9 just south of Cold Spring Village

The Lobster House

by asturnut

The Lobster House located at Fisherman's Wharf is probably Cape May's most famous restaurant. Growing up as a child, our family stayed 1/2 block from Fisherman's Wharf and the Lobster House. Thankfully (I hate seafood), I never had to eat there, but I am very familiar with the restaurant and the seafood is top quality. We went there on our honeymoon and I can tell you the king crab legs were longer than my arm! I had a steak, which was okay, but seafood is their 'thing'. If you want great seafood, the Lobster House is where you want to go. It's not a cheap restaurant, but you get what you pay for.

There is also a fishmonger and you can purchase fresh fish to take out.

Dining at a National Landmark

by VeronicaG about The Mad Batter

The Mad Batter is located in the Caroll Villa B&B in Cape May on a beautiful tree lined street. It is a Registered Historic Landmark built in 1882 and larger than it seems from the street. You'll find dinner options such as the Maryland Crab cakes or Orange Lavender Roast Chicken. The Mad Batter serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. We enjoyed our meal here!

When the weather is pleasant, a rear dining area opens to a courtyard that makes for a very romantic meal! The Mad Batter is consistently rated as one of the best restaurants in Cape May.

Comments